Reply To: Having Trouble Remembering Each Sentence

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Magic Sentences Having Trouble Remembering Each Sentence Reply To: Having Trouble Remembering Each Sentence

Sally Baker
PSTEC User

Hello Scott I must have worked with tens and tens of clients now in face to face sessions using Magic Sentences not even taking into account the hundreds of people who have downloaded the Magic Sentences as MP3's or via the OS app I co-developed several years ago now.

I have found some people remember very well and accurately work out which sentence is said in reverse while other clients cannot recall a single Magic Sentence, not one.

One's actual accuracy score is not the measure of success with Magic Sentences and if I may suggest your focus on getting accurate results misses the point.

To obtain maximum benefits from Magic Sentences it is vital to really, really try hard to listen to the sound of my voice and try as hard as you can to remember and then work out which sentence is said in reverse. The emphasis is on 'trying' and it is that mental effort of trying that allows the power of magic sentences to go deep into your subconscious mind and make the changes you want.

On writing the sentences down – in the OS App version called PSTEC Magic Sentences available for free in the Apple App store with Magic Sentences on Anxiety gifted to you – this version does ask for the participant to type their attempt at recalling the sentence said in reverse and Tim thought the mechanical act of typing was beneficial to the process. So you could attempt to write out what you recall when you hear the sentence said in reverse if you want to but I think any other preparation isn't that helpful to the process.

Finally, Magic Sentences are best used when you have used other appropriate PSTEC Click tracks to do the clearance work so perhaps you are working with issues that require more resolving or release before attempting MS. You might benefit from postponing your Magic Sentences and Click Track around some of your feelings around why it's important to achieve a high score or other aspects that I can't know from this interaction. Best of luck with your work/play Sally