Reply To: Belief Blasters and Past Tense Confusion

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters Belief Blasters and Past Tense Confusion Reply To: Belief Blasters and Past Tense Confusion

Brian Tucker
PSTEC User

Example: I suffer from “x” (insert your affliction here)
    Becomes: I suffered from “x”

“I suffer from” is not really a belief, it's a symptom or result of a belief.

A belief might be… I am an alcoholic. which would translate to I've been an alcoholic” again this might be a belief, but it's not down to the core. The question would be to ask why are you an alcoholic? why do you need to drink? One example answer might be Because I am stressed…ok there's another belief “I've been stressed” but then the next question would be why are you stressed… because… e.g. I feel like I am a loser…ok now we are getting to a core belief I'm a loser aka I've been a loser…well the next question is why are you feeling like a loser, well because I'm not good at anything… ok I haven't been good at anything… again, why is that well because I have always felt like a failure… ok I've been a failure.

Hope this helps. This type of work is precisely what a PSTEC practitioner https://www.pstecregister.com/ can draw out of you. They can even help identify beliefs about you that you are not directly saying or thinking just by listening to what you are saying.