Belief Blasters and Past Tense Confusion

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters Belief Blasters and Past Tense Confusion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alfred Alonso
    PSTEC User

Hi guys,

If I understand correctly, we are to take a belief we want to eliminate, and change it's tense to past. okay….

Here is where my confusion comes in.

In my mind, the idea is to remove an existing belief. But the instructions say, put the belief into past tense and the remove that past tense belief, which happens to be true (and it's results). The present tense is just a mental belief at that point.

Example: I suffer from “x” (insert your affliction here)
      Becomes: I suffered from “x”

So to remove or delete that past tense as false, is saying, “nah, I never drank to excess, all those DUIs didn't happen”, instead of, yes, I drank, but I don't don't believe that NOW.

That past tense exactly what I WANT to be true, NOT what I want to remove, correct?

Shouldn't the belief to be removed be in the present tense? Then hit it with the opposite positive programming to replace it?

Tim was a computer programmer so I'm surprised this isn't addressed in the intro audio (unless it's covered in the course itself). Am I must be missing some Ericksonian ninja trick here?

TB

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

Example: I suffer from “x” (insert your affliction here)
        Becomes: I suffered from “x”

“I suffer from” is not really a belief, it's a symptom or result of a belief.

A belief might be… I am an alcoholic. which would translate to I've been an alcoholic” again this might be a belief, but it's not down to the core. The question would be to ask why are you an alcoholic? why do you need to drink? One example answer might be Because I am stressed…ok there's another belief “I've been stressed” but then the next question would be why are you stressed… because… e.g. I feel like I am a loser…ok now we are getting to a core belief I'm a loser aka I've been a loser…well the next question is why are you feeling like a loser, well because I'm not good at anything… ok I haven't been good at anything… again, why is that well because I have always felt like a failure… ok I've been a failure.

Hope this helps. This type of work is precisely what a PSTEC practitioner https://www.pstecregister.com/ can draw out of you. They can even help identify beliefs about you that you are not directly saying or thinking just by listening to what you are saying.

Alfred Alonso
        PSTEC User

Thanks for the reply Brian.

Your right, my example really wasn't a belief per se. I used a bad example. I'll use yours.

My question was, why would I want to remove “I've been a failure” (or ANY belief for that matter) in the past tense? This is the crux of my question.

So “I've been a failure” (or I have that belief, erroneous or otherwise). I could “blast” that I had been a failure and still believe I am a failure NOW. (or worse yet, in the future)…

PSTEC Negative didn't use past tense, I'm just trying to wrap my head around the needing the belief being blasted to be in the past tense.

TB

Brian Tucker
          PSTEC User

Thanks for the reply Brian.

Your right, my example really wasn't a belief per se. I used a bad example. I'll use yours.

My question was, why would I want to remove “I've been a failure” (or ANY belief for that matter) in the past tense? This is the crux of my question.

So “I've been a failure” (or I have that belief, erroneous or otherwise). I could “blast” that I had been a failure and still believe I am a failure NOW. (or worse yet, in the future)…

I've been a failure is the past tense for I am a failure which is the belief.

PSTEC Negative didn't use past tense, I'm just trying to wrap my head around the needing the belief being blasted to be in the past tense.

TB

Paul McCabe
            PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi TangoBravo,

Thanks for posting. Great questions.

We would push the belief into the past tense because, while it may affect us in the present, it was formed in the past and we can effectively consign it to history.

Beliefs are formed in different ways – direct experience, programming, suggestion and more – so it stands to reason that there is more than one way to get rid of them. This is just, in my experience, an incredibly quick and elegant way to eliminate beliefs. PSTEC Negative works very effectively, but is more involved…if you will.

To put it in more concrete terms, we may have a belief like “I am a failure”, but this would have been formed in the past (possibly bolstered by recent experiences) and would affect us in the present AND future. However, it is a case of “I'll see it when I believe it” and our life experiences would be filtered via the “I am a failure” paradigm.

Some people may not be aware of these beliefs and might suppress such thoughts, due to embarrassment, discomfort or shame.

You believe “I am a failure” now, because you formed it THEN. If you leave it there, it no longer forms part of your present mind model. And future beliefs like “I will be a failure” tend to be expectations based on past experience. With a belief like “I am a failure” eliminated, it is highly probable your perceptions of past experiences and future expectations would be transformed.

Many other forms of belief elimination or “challenging” will often do so linguistically or by looking at and reinterpreting past events. When you eliminate “I was a failure”, it would follow that “I am a failure” and “I will be a failure” will disappear too. Check in with this. See if any expectations of “failure” crop up and remember that these can also be clicktracked.

I hope that makes sense. If not, please let me know and I will clarify.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Alfred Alonso
              PSTEC User

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your answer. I have to reread your post a few more times but if I understand correctly, the idea is to remove it in the past, and doing so removes it in the present (and theoretically), the future.

While this does make sense to me (assuming of course I understood you answer correctly) , then the question then begs, wouldn't past tense also apply to the use of PSTEC Negative?

And while I'm on a rampage of inquisitiveness (is that even a word??) here, what happens (and was it tested…) if you apply present tense phrasing to Belief
                Blasters?

Thanks,

TB

Paul McCabe
                PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi TB,

You're very welcome.

You interpreted that the way I intended it and thank you for asking such considered questions.

By all means, you could experiment using PSTEC Negative in that way, but I see these as two different and distinct tools/ways for eliminating beliefs. They go about the same job in different ways and are crafted in a very specific way.

It is not so much a case of whether one approach is better than the other. Rather, PSTEC has a suite of tools that cater to different needs or circumstances. Once a belief is eliminated, it will not affect you in the present. However, an emotional or behavioural pattern is usually linked to a series of beliefs and conditioned responses.

It is also important to note that Belief Blasters are crafted very intricately and will be doing different things to your Mind Model. Shifting the belief to the past tense is just a small piece of the puzzle. I would definitely recommend using it this way first, get some great results and then seeing how you get on. I am confident no harm would come by “blasting” beliefs in the present tense, but maximum effectiveness will be achieved from following that instruction.

A good example of this is that the Cascade Release audio track (https://pstecaudiosource.org/accounts/24rq/24861/order allows people who have no conscious memory of what caused their problem push it far into the future. This then affects their mind model in the present. This can  be very effective for some users (even more so than the Click Tracks). That does not mean that everyone needs to use this track; it just goes about change in a different way and offers yet more scope and variety for anyone wishing to change now.

Thanks again,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Alfred Alonso
                  PSTEC User

Would it then be a good idea to apply BOTH PSTEC Negative and Belief Blasters to a deep, core belief…and then follow it up with a PSTEC Postive to “move the see-saw over”?

Brian Tucker
                    PSTEC User

You can do that though you will hear on the belief blaster sales page there is an interview with Jeff and Tim and he is discussing stec negative vs belief blaster. Belief blaster is designed to supercede pstec negative.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.