Reply To: attentiveness and openness

another
PSTEC User

Thanks, that's very interesting.

Often after running a click track, I feel like I've had a good cry. How I explain that is that I think the click tracks whipsaw me into and out of theta states and that the transitions into and out of theta states (as opposed to the sustained theta state) are actually where healing happens and openness can be established.  At least that's my personal pet theory, which could be totally bunk.

However, the click tracks don't work without a specific emotional response that I want to change. (That's like crying too. I don't ever cry just to achieve the post-crying state, it's a side benefit.  In fact I hardly ever cry, and this makes me wonder, why not?)

I have a couple of thoughts. 

One is that I could just try pstec positive to suggest to myself that I spend more time in this state.  That's straightforward; I'll try it.

Two is that maintaining this state is often a function of making little mental choices (don't follow that illusion down the rabbit hole!) or physical choices (i'm exhausted, so take a break!) and that I could use the tracks to help me make those choices more consistently.

Three is that – and this is really a function of my philosophic bent – I would just rather prefer a tool that either had no specific object in mind or had as its object the mind and not an external reference.  Perhaps positive can be used in this way.

I should have another listen to no more anxiety.  Anxiety isn't a huge issue for me so it didn't really hit.  (I'm often surrounded by anxious people and that's tiring.)  I had a very good experience with No More Anger; in the end I couldn't convince myself that I wanted to get rid of all anger (I was close before the election in the US but after it seemed much more tied to my survival) but I certainly feel it less than I did and use the language of the recording to talk myself out of anger whenever I notice it affecting specific situations.  Other people really will do things that I wouldn't.