Reply To: What are the typical beliefs that surround betrayal?

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters What are the typical beliefs that surround betrayal? Reply To: What are the typical beliefs that surround betrayal?

Paul McCabe
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Kbshaq,

Thanks for your post.

When working on an issue of betrayal, it might be best to start with the emotional Click Tracks. Keep imagining the feeling of betrayal (e.g. having been betrayed) and the worst aspects of it.

Rate the feeling on a scale of 0-10 and then CT and rate the feeling after a round of CTing. Keep CTing until the rating is a 0 or a 1.

You then might wish to consider whether you actually were betrayed. Holding a belief like “I was betrayed” is likely to produce all manner of thoughts and emotions. “Betrayal” is loaded with meaning. Coming up with alternative perspectives (e.g. “was I really betrayed or did that person/those people do something I didn't like?”) can soften this.

However, if you hold the belief…blast it. It will help you enormously, I am sure, and will help unlock the “doors of possibility.”

There is not a generic set of beliefs that would be linked to betrayal and, certainly, it would depend on your Mind Model and what specifically has happened.

You may wish to test out the following beliefs, however. Say them out loud and see if they feel true, uncomfortable or resonate with you:

“Life is unfair”

“People can't be trusted”

“People will exploit me”

“It's dangerous to trust people”

When utilising the Belief Blasters tracks, of course, put these into the past tense. You may also wish to consider how each of these beliefs may affect someone – how, where and with whom they might show up. If you believed it was dangerous to trust people, how might that show up in everyday life?

Please update us on how you get on with this and, if you require any further clarification, please let us know.

Thanks,

Paul  :D

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…