What are the typical beliefs that surround betrayal?

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters What are the typical beliefs that surround betrayal?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kbshaq
    PSTEC User

I know what I'm feeling because of the betrayal, but I don't know how to word it.
      Does anyone have any suggestions or have a similar experience with betrayal that can give me an idea of beliefs that I can work on?

Thanks!!

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Kbshaq,

Thanks for your post.

When working on an issue of betrayal, it might be best to start with the emotional Click Tracks. Keep imagining the feeling of betrayal (e.g. having been betrayed) and the worst aspects of it.

Rate the feeling on a scale of 0-10 and then CT and rate the feeling after a round of CTing. Keep CTing until the rating is a 0 or a 1.

You then might wish to consider whether you actually were betrayed. Holding a belief like “I was betrayed” is likely to produce all manner of thoughts and emotions. “Betrayal” is loaded with meaning. Coming up with alternative perspectives (e.g. “was I really betrayed or did that person/those people do something I didn't like?”) can soften this.

However, if you hold the belief…blast it. It will help you enormously, I am sure, and will help unlock the “doors of possibility.”

There is not a generic set of beliefs that would be linked to betrayal and, certainly, it would depend on your Mind Model and what specifically has happened.

You may wish to test out the following beliefs, however. Say them out loud and see if they feel true, uncomfortable or resonate with you:

“Life is unfair”

“People can't be trusted”

“People will exploit me”

“It's dangerous to trust people”

When utilising the Belief Blasters tracks, of course, put these into the past tense. You may also wish to consider how each of these beliefs may affect someone – how, where and with whom they might show up. If you believed it was dangerous to trust people, how might that show up in everyday life?

Please update us on how you get on with this and, if you require any further clarification, please let us know.

Thanks,

Paul  :D

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

kbshaq
        PSTEC User

Thanks Paul.
          Broke out my click tracks.  :)

I'll be honest that I have a difficult time focusing and concentrating with the feelings and emotions I'm working on while doing CT.  For this reason, I have put my CT's “on the shelf”.  :)

But I start it again.  :)

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi kbshaq,

Thank you for your post.

With the CTs, the key thing is to TRY to feel the feelings while the track plays.

You mentioned initially that you know what you are feeling, so please evoke that and try to feel it throughout the track. If you have the Accelerators, I would recommend using those too.

If you find that the feelings seem to fade before the CT, you may wish to use the Belief Blasters to eliminate a contributing belief. For instance, you may have a belief like “It is dangerous to let go of these feelings” or “It is dangerous to feel these emotions.”

Check in with those and, if you feel you have them, eliminate the beliefs.

It is worth noting that this can crop up if you have a belief, on some level, that you need the emotions to protect you. You had the belief that you were betrayed and perhaps you feel that you don't want to be OK with that, or that if you were OK with that…it could happen again.

This is not about forgiveness necessarily. It is about empowering yourself, so that you no longer carry around the hurt, anger and sadnesses that can weigh heavily on you.

I hope that helps.

All the best,

Paul  ;)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

kbshaq
            PSTEC User

Thanks Paul.  I appreciate your input and recommendation(s).  :)
              I'm “embarrassed” to point out that I have purchased all of Tim's tracks over the last 5-6 years now.  So, yes, I also have the accelerators.  :)

As the saying goes:  “When I student is ready, the master appears.”

Corny, I get it.  But, I think I'm ready now.  Especially, with your guidance through this forum.  :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.