Reply To: Aftermath from quitting smoking

Paul McCabe
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Clearingman,

Thanks for your post.

I will get something put together soon.

For now, you might like this: https://www.pstecregister.com/blog/why-its-useful-to-change-the-way-you-think-about-change-48

The article explains some of the points you have raised and has a protocol in it that works very effectively.

Thing is, some changes are remarkably quick, but other changes may take a little longer. Some changes can happen with no more than a change of emotion. In fact, even without referencing PSTEC, most people will recognise times when they have just felt good (for no apparent reason) and it changes the whole.dynamic of their day.

Emotions, beliefs and behaviour bind together, so a change in one of these can change the whole pattern. With PSTEC, you have the tools to neutralise unwanted emotions, eliminate beliefs and suggest certain behaviours. Changing one can change the other and sometimes it MAY take a bit longer if you have to take out emotions, beliefs and behaviours. I expect that any extra time spent on this will save you emotional energy in the future.

Key thing is with PSTEC Positive is that the suggestions are compelling for you and that you can imagine them being part of your reality. It is very subtle indeed, which is why the Click Track “affect” is more obvious and the recommended starting point.

You may even wish to sit with that for a while and just imagine how you will act and feel with “I can feel calm without cigarettes” being your absolute truth. It is another way to conceptualise the changes.

If you have the Stop Smoking package, you could certainly run their CTs again. It might transpire the cravings are a 3 or 4, and you just need to “stub” (bad pun very much intended!) them out and get the rating down to a 0 or 1.

Please keep me updated on how you get on.

Thanks,

Paul  :D

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…