Reply To: Childhood Conditioning – Anger – Abandonment – Death

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Relationships and Rejection Childhood Conditioning – Anger – Abandonment – Death Reply To: Childhood Conditioning – Anger – Abandonment – Death

Paul McCabe
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your post.

What Brian wrote and also BB:

“Criticism is dangerous”
    “Criticism is scary”
    “I'm not safe”

Put them into the past tense and “blast”  :)

You can also run a long CT2015 on times when you have felt hurt, angry, anxious or scared when you were criticised…or times where you imagine you might be.

With conditioning, you nailed it. That is how it plays out and making the distinction can make all the difference. Criticism would have been interpreted as a threat to your very survival.

So, conditioning will show up as s triggered response. You probably would not say “I'm being criticised. My life is in danger”, but you may see it as a threat or feel sufficiently wounded by it.

I used to go on the defensive any time I was ctiticised, but now feel OK about criticism. When these patterns collapse, you don't take yourself so seriously and can recognise criticism in its proper context. Sometimes people aren't even criticising. They are just lashing out because they feel frustrated.

I appreciate I may seem like a broken record, but there is no “one way” with PSTEC or change. Some therapies decondition by Systematic Desensitisation, exposure etc. With PSTEC, you have so many options. If I was working on this, I'd go in this order:

– Click Track the effects of criticism
    – Blast beliefs related to criticism or why you feel you are being criticised
    – Layer in the type of suggestions Brian referenced.

All the best,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…