Reply To: Not sure what to CT on
Forums › General Discussions and Specific Issues › Rating Intensity of Feelings, SUDS, Trouble Feeling Emotions › Not sure what to CT on › Reply To: Not sure what to CT on
– I dont recall any specific trauma. Ive always been scared about health and I think that might be something I adopted from my family
– Im always scared I might have something serious, and I always try to avoid going to the doctor because Im scared of diagnosis. What scares me is the idea of having a disease or something.
– My dad had cancer. When I was about 7, he went to a dentist for a checkup and the dentist found a tumor below his tounge (he was a smoker). He had a big surgery and I lived all of that. I also think it comes from here, specially the part he went to a checkup and the dentist finding that. Im not scared of dentists, by the way, and I dont recall feeling any fear at the time, I think I didnt understand what was going on.
– My family tends to overeact over nothing. Not just health, but in many aspects. I also live with my grandparents and theyre always talking about a friend who got sick or something.
– Ive always been scared of health problems. When I was very young, around the time when my father was diagnosed with cancer (I dont know if this was before or after) I remember I was reading some news about a woman who had some problem with her heart, and I locked up in the bathroom and started feeling anxious that it would happen to me. That is the first memory I recall of hypochondria, but I dont think this is the target, or maybe it is. I dont know if I could recreate that feeling so I could CT it.
As I grew older, it became more serious. For weeks I thought I had diabetes and I avoided going to the doctor, even though I didnt really have any symptom.
– I tried to CT specific things, like the fear of measuring my blood pressure, and it kind of worked a bit but then it came back.
– About myself, I believe that Im capable of getting over all of this. I just need to find the right way, because its way too consuming as you said, and its basically taking oher my life.
Thank you so much for your reply, Paul