Not sure what to CT on

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    princesuxx
    PSTEC User

Hi! I'm new here

I suffer from extreme hypochondria, and I want to try CT to help it.

I tried doing it on certain situations but it didn't really help, what should I work on? Because it manifests in almsot every aspect of health. Should I find the source of the problem and work on it? How do I find it? I don't have a first memory of this, to work on.

Is there any specific package that could help me?

Thanks in advance.

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi princesuxx,

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry you are experiencing hypochondria, as I appreciate it can be very consuming.

It can be very helpful to find causal memories and, if those don't seem to be too accessible, the Accelerator tracks can be very helpful:

http://bit.ly/pstecaccelerators

They help aid recall and, in general, make all the PSTEC tracks work even more efficiently.

I may need a bit more information about how the hypochondria presents itself. For starters:

– can you recall any specific traumas in your early life?
        – what is the payoff to worrying about your health?
        – have you or your loved ones had any serious or life-threatening health issues in their lives?
        – how did your family react when things didn't go well?
        – do you feel worried or anxious about anything else?
        – what specifically did you CT?
        – what do you believe about yourself?

I look forward to your reply.

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

princesuxx
        PSTEC User

– I dont recall any specific trauma. Ive always been scared about health and I think that might be something I adopted from my family

– Im always scared I might have something serious, and I always try to avoid going to the doctor because Im scared of diagnosis. What scares me is the idea of having a disease or something.

– My dad had cancer. When I was about 7, he went to a dentist for a checkup and the dentist found a tumor below his tounge (he was a smoker). He had a big surgery and I lived all of that. I also think it comes from here, specially the part he went to a checkup and the dentist finding that. Im not scared of dentists, by the way, and I dont recall feeling any fear at the time, I think I didnt understand what was going on.

– My family tends to overeact over nothing. Not just health, but in many aspects. I also live with my grandparents and theyre always talking about a friend who got sick or something.

– Ive always been scared of health problems. When I was very young, around the time when my father was diagnosed with cancer (I dont know if this was before or after) I remember I was reading some news about a woman who had some problem with her heart, and I locked up in the bathroom and started feeling anxious that it would happen to me. That is the first memory I recall of hypochondria, but I dont think this is the target, or maybe it is. I dont know if I could recreate that feeling so I could CT it.

As I grew older, it became more serious. For weeks I thought I had diabetes and I avoided going to the doctor, even though I didnt really have any symptom.

– I tried to CT specific things, like the fear of measuring my blood pressure, and it kind of worked a bit but then it came back.

– About myself, I believe that Im capable of getting over all of this. I just need to find the  right way, because its way too consuming as you said, and its basically taking oher my life.

Thank you so much for your reply, Paul

Paul McCabe

Hi princesuxx,

Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry for my late reply. I appreciate your patience.

Based on your answers, I suggest the following:

1) CT any feelings you had around your dad's cancer diagnosis, treatment and recovery. But really, try hard to feel into the shock of it all (as you experienced it then) while running the CT. Getting a diagnosis like that, especially in such an unexpected context, would be shocking for anyone. CT this down to 0 or 1. It may require a few CT rounds.

2) CT how you feel when your family overreact to everything. Our upbringing can influence how we react to people, as we are always modelling others (especially when we are young and impressionable). So, you saw people overreacting, panicking etc. and it probably left you feeling a bit frenzied or on-edge. Moreover, this probably felt normal. Try hard to evoke those feelings while doing the CT.  CT this down to 0 or 1. It may require a few CT rounds.

3) PSTEC works on memories and imagined outcomes. Imagine the worst here and try hard to convince yourself you have a disease, illness etc. Feel how that feels and run a CT on this. CT this down to 0 or 1. Again, this may require a few CT rounds.

4) CT any worries you have about going to the dentist and doctor.

Even though these are written like bullet points, you will have plenty to do here. The key thing is to really try to feel the feelings while thinking about the events/memories/imagined outcomes.

Please let us know how you get on with that.

Best Regards,

Paul  

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

princesuxx
            PSTEC User

Thanks for the reply!.

1) Honestly, I dont recall any feelings during that time, it happened about 13 years ago and I was a child.

Also, sometimes I feel resistance or have trouble reproducing the feelings. I think my sub just shut them down and I dont feel anything.

Should I believe it works, though? Im very skeptical, not only to pstec but almost every therapy. I feel helpless. Should I CT this as well?

Thanks again

Brian Tucker
              PSTEC User

Clicktrack this until it's gone —-> I'm very skeptical, not only to pstec but almost every therapy.

Clicktrack this until it's gone —> I feel helpless.

Thanks again

Brian Tucker
                PSTEC User

Clicktrack all feelings of this —->   Ive always been scared about health and I think that might be something I adopted from my family

Clicktrack all feelings of this —-> Im always scared I might have something serious, and I always try to avoid going to the doctor because Im scared of diagnosis. What scares me is the idea of having a disease or something.

– My dad had cancer. When I was about 7, he went to a dentist for a checkup and the dentist found a tumor below his tounge (he was a smoker). He had a big surgery and I lived all of that. I also think it comes from here, specially the part he went to a checkup and the dentist finding that. Im not scared of dentists, by the way, and I dont recall feeling any fear at the time, I think I didnt understand what was going on.

Clicktrack all feelings of this —-> My family tends to overeact over nothing. Not just health, but in many aspects. I also live with my grandparents and theyre always talking about a friend who got sick or something.

Clicktrack all feelings of this —-> Ive always been scared of health problems.

When I was very young, around the time when my father was diagnosed with cancer (I dont know if this was before or after) I remember I was reading some news about a woman who had some problem with her heart, and I locked up in the bathroom and started feeling anxious that it would happen to me. That is the first memory I recall of hypochondria, but I dont think this is the target, or maybe it is. I dont know if I could recreate that feeling so I could CT it.

As I grew older, it became more serious. For weeks I thought I had diabetes and I avoided going to the doctor, even though I didnt really have any symptom.

3 years ago I started thinking I have some STD (I had a single incident with one partner) and it just got way worse. I started avoiding everything and havent done a checkup for 3 years.

Clicktrack all feelings of this —-> I tried to CT specific things, like the fear of measuring my blood pressure, and it kind of worked a bit but then it came back. Really try hard to feel the feeling, clicktrack it again.

– About myself, I believe that Im capable of getting over all of this. I just need to find the  right way,

Clicktrack all feelings of this —-> because its way too consuming as you said, and its basically taking oher my life.

Thank you so much for your reply, Paul

Imagine getting cancer, it's horrible and tragic and you are going to die from it. Imagine everything possible that could happen in the process as extremely horrible as you can. CT This all to a 1 or 0

princesuxx
                  PSTEC User

Thank you so much!

Paul McCabe

Hi princesuxx,

Thanks for your post.

Brian nailed it.

You don't have to feel the feelings when doing the CTs, per se.

Crucially, you just have to TRY hard to feel them.  This is where the gold can be mined.

How might you have felt when you found out about your dad's diagnosis?

Paul  :)

princesuxx
                      PSTEC User

I remember how I felt the second time he was diagnosed, which was the terminal one and happened 5 years ago. I wish I could recall the first time, though. I wasnt sad or anything, I just didnt understand what was going on.

Can you explain more about trying to feel the feelings? Tim says on the CT to feel them at first, and then you have to try to hold them? (Which you cant)

Also, what can I do if my mind wanders during the click tracks?

Thanks again

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.