Reply To: Stomach bracing when is social situation – best approach anyone?

Paul McCabe
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Alistairok,

Thank you for posting, and for your feedback.

Do you have any conscious memory about when you started bracing your midsection around other people?

There will be a reason and subconscious explanation, of course, but you don't have to figure it all out.

Perhaps it was a habit you developed when you felt threatened by or “less than” others.

A couple of approaches with the CTs:

– Try hard to feel those feelings while thinking about other people being around

– Try hard to feel what you normally feel whenever you have braced your midsection. For example, some people feel ashamed or embarrassed if they have exhibited a behaviour they consciously wish to stop.

– Try hard to feel disgust when you think about your body

You could also benefit enormously from tackling this at a belief level. Check in and “feel into” the following beliefs (say them out loud, and see if they feel true or uncomfortable):

– “I wasn't acceptable”
    – “I was weird”
    – “I was not OK”
    – “I had to hold myself in”
    – “I was in danger”
    – “I had to guard myself”
    – “I was unattractive”
    – “I looked bad”
    – “I was less than others”

If any of these feel true, I recommend running them through the Belief Blasters.

When doing this, try hard to believe the beliefs as “everything up to this point in time.”

Check in with the belief after running the BB.

There is quite a bit of work to do here, and you can take your time with it.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

All the best,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…