Stomach bracing when is social situation – best approach anyone?

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues General Anxiety…Social Anxiety… Panic Attacks…Agoraphobia Stomach bracing when is social situation – best approach anyone?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alistairok

Hello

First of all thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum, its really helpful.

I am using pstec belief blaster and level 1 package, have done about 15 sessions so far.

I constantly brace my mid section around most people, especially other men or strangers, like tensing my abs. 

I am really struggling to target why I do this, and any specific memory associated with a reason to brace my midsection. 

I was also tall and thin growing up and still uncomfortable with my body shape to this day and use weight tracking etc to build myself up.  I also have struggled with social anxiety issues.

I want to be relaxed with people so I can participate properly and be myself.  Can anybody think of a strategy to conquer this?

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

try these with positive quantum turbo – long version

I feel absolutely safe, protected and relaxed around men now
        I feel completely confident, secure and really calm around men now
        I feel completely at ease and peaceful with men now
        I feel so much more comfortable when I am around men now
        I can completely relax around men now
        I can safely be myself around others from now on
        I am completely comfortable with my body now I look absolutely great

– You can also do the same and substitute the word “others” or “people”

Paul McCabe
        PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Alistairok,

Thank you for posting, and for your feedback.

Do you have any conscious memory about when you started bracing your midsection around other people?

There will be a reason and subconscious explanation, of course, but you don't have to figure it all out.

Perhaps it was a habit you developed when you felt threatened by or “less than” others.

A couple of approaches with the CTs:

– Try hard to feel those feelings while thinking about other people being around

– Try hard to feel what you normally feel whenever you have braced your midsection. For example, some people feel ashamed or embarrassed if they have exhibited a behaviour they consciously wish to stop.

– Try hard to feel disgust when you think about your body

You could also benefit enormously from tackling this at a belief level. Check in and “feel into” the following beliefs (say them out loud, and see if they feel true or uncomfortable):

– “I wasn't acceptable”
          – “I was weird”
          – “I was not OK”
          – “I had to hold myself in”
          – “I was in danger”
          – “I had to guard myself”
          – “I was unattractive”
          – “I looked bad”
          – “I was less than others”

If any of these feel true, I recommend running them through the Belief Blasters.

When doing this, try hard to believe the beliefs as “everything up to this point in time.”

Check in with the belief after running the BB.

There is quite a bit of work to do here, and you can take your time with it.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

All the best,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Alistairok

Hi

Thanks for the input and advice, I have lots of issues, but they are all generally around low self worth, not being good enough and being dominated/bullied by my dad since a child.

Unfortunately once you have damaged self esteem, especially through school, the problem keeps building from negative experiences by teachers and other kids.

Thanks for all the suggestions, have started using them and still experimenting.  The forum is full of great ideas and I realise it might take a while to figure this out.

Brian Tucker
            PSTEC User

I suffered from much of the same you do. All is now resolved. One great piece to work on with bullying is “I am not strong enough to protect myself”. You can CT that, belief blast it – or both. Then install a suggestion using pstec positive quantum turbo “I am absolutely strong enough to protect myself from now on”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.