Reply To: Anxiety Spike after positive quantum turbo

Paul McCabe
PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I am sorry you have encountered a spike in anxiety after doing a PQT.

If you are comfortable sharing the suggestion you crafted, I will hopefully be in a better position to offer more specific guidance.

What might have happened, however, is that your subconscious may have perceived your suggestion as being “too good to be true” or taking you too far out of your comfort zone.

As with all of the PSTEC tools, there are many ways to tackle this, so what I propose here is by no means exhaustive or definitive.

There are different ways to approach this, however.

The first port of call when it comes to heavy or unwanted emotions is to employ the Click Tracks.

Simply run a Click Track whilst thinking about all the things which are currently bothering you, trying hard to hold onto the worry whilst you run the track.

Rate the SUD before and after running the track. One CT may be sufficient, but one or two per day whilst working through this systematically would certainly be a good time investment. If you are already feeling the worry, it makes sense to run it through the Click Track (mix up the tracks you use for variety) and it will be neutralised.

As you have the Belief Blasters, I would also recommend checking whether the following beliefs resonate (say them out loud and see whether they feel true, heavy of painful):

– “Something bad is going to happen”

– “I am in danger”

– “I can’t cope”

– “It is not safe for me to feel safe”

If any of these beliefs resonate, please put them into the past tense, run any of the Belief Blaster tracks and, while the track plays, try hard to believe the belief.

One belief per track, of course, and also mix up the tracks you use. So, I recommend running a short, medium and long BB as you cycle through the beliefs.

After doing the CTs and BBs, the PQT will likely be accepted more readily.

Again, without knowing which statements you already crafted, I can provide some general guidance (for the benefit of other forum members too) that the best statements for PQT tend to be positively-phrased, believable, and acceptable to you.

While PQT is incredibly powerful and can bypass resistance, I think it is very worthwhile to ensure that the suggestion you choose is meaningful to you.

Before running the PQT, you may wish to consider what you would do and how you would feel if the suggestion you are layering is part of your reality. This is not an essential step, but can be a very useful one.

If the suggestion you chose seems “too good to be true”, you can go in with a softer suggestion or take a more gradient approach – layer in a few softer suggestions and then add more direct suggestions at a later juncture.

A good, generalised statement that might prove useful is:

– “Maybe today I will feel much calmer than I did yesterday”

You can also use softer statements like “I now realise all the ways I can be safely relaxed, alert and calm”

These are good statements to layer in calmness without spiking alarm.

I hope this has been helpful.

Please let us know how you get on with this and continue to dialogue with us. I will be sure to monitor the thread.

I look forward to hearing from you, Tim.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…