Anxiety Spike after positive quantum turbo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tim McCloskey
    PSTEC User

Hi,

I’ve been using PSTEC for quite a few years now and it has been immensely helpful for my anxiety and I’ve moved past a lot of blocks.

I’ve been suffering recently from work related stress (Key worker in a school, worries about food shortages due to Brexit, new strain of COVID e.t.c). I woke early the other morning and decided to try the positive quantum turbo tracks to get some solid positivity. I’ve noticed when I try to use any positive track my brain rebels and tries to tell me I’m in danger and resists heavily, usually by trying to inject a negative thought. On this occasion it tried injecting thoughts about not sleeping which is an long-standing issue I’ve tried working on. Although I pushed through and ignored it and kept using the positive statement, it’s triggered some deep anxiety which no matter how I tackle it seems to stubbornly remain. I’m absolutely frustrated with this as you can imagine.

Any advice? I have CT2015 plus belief blasters as well

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I am sorry you have encountered a spike in anxiety after doing a PQT.

If you are comfortable sharing the suggestion you crafted, I will hopefully be in a better position to offer more specific guidance.

What might have happened, however, is that your subconscious may have perceived your suggestion as being “too good to be true” or taking you too far out of your comfort zone.

As with all of the PSTEC tools, there are many ways to tackle this, so what I propose here is by no means exhaustive or definitive.

There are different ways to approach this, however.

The first port of call when it comes to heavy or unwanted emotions is to employ the Click Tracks.

Simply run a Click Track whilst thinking about all the things which are currently bothering you, trying hard to hold onto the worry whilst you run the track.

Rate the SUD before and after running the track. One CT may be sufficient, but one or two per day whilst working through this systematically would certainly be a good time investment. If you are already feeling the worry, it makes sense to run it through the Click Track (mix up the tracks you use for variety) and it will be neutralised.

As you have the Belief Blasters, I would also recommend checking whether the following beliefs resonate (say them out loud and see whether they feel true, heavy of painful):

– “Something bad is going to happen”

– “I am in danger”

– “I can’t cope”

– “It is not safe for me to feel safe”

If any of these beliefs resonate, please put them into the past tense, run any of the Belief Blaster tracks and, while the track plays, try hard to believe the belief.

One belief per track, of course, and also mix up the tracks you use. So, I recommend running a short, medium and long BB as you cycle through the beliefs.

After doing the CTs and BBs, the PQT will likely be accepted more readily.

Again, without knowing which statements you already crafted, I can provide some general guidance (for the benefit of other forum members too) that the best statements for PQT tend to be positively-phrased, believable, and acceptable to you.

While PQT is incredibly powerful and can bypass resistance, I think it is very worthwhile to ensure that the suggestion you choose is meaningful to you.

Before running the PQT, you may wish to consider what you would do and how you would feel if the suggestion you are layering is part of your reality. This is not an essential step, but can be a very useful one.

If the suggestion you chose seems “too good to be true”, you can go in with a softer suggestion or take a more gradient approach – layer in a few softer suggestions and then add more direct suggestions at a later juncture.

A good, generalised statement that might prove useful is:

– “Maybe today I will feel much calmer than I did yesterday”

You can also use softer statements like “I now realise all the ways I can be safely relaxed, alert and calm”

These are good statements to layer in calmness without spiking alarm.

I hope this has been helpful.

Please let us know how you get on with this and continue to dialogue with us. I will be sure to monitor the thread.

I look forward to hearing from you, Tim.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Tim McCloskey
        PSTEC User

Hi Paul

Thank you for your reply. I did try click tracks in the moment, but I had descended into full panic mode at that point and it wouldn’t shift, so I spent a few days deep breathing until my system had calmed down again.

The statement I used was something like “no matter what happens I will be calm”. Quite broad but one would think “safe”. I do suffer with OCD and it is 100% to do with safety, although enormously diminished since using PSTEC, I believe it was that aspect that kicked in as it does so when under high stress which I am currently. The statements above that resonate would be I was not safe or I couldn’t cope, although I blasted the first one previously. Would it take a few rounds?

If you have any pointers in this regard for OCD, for the belief blasters I would be grateful as the only thing I can remember from childhood is performing hand washing as I’d feel something was “bad luck”

Thank you for your help

Tim

Paul McCabe

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your message.

I do apologise for the late reply. I had been checking in every day, but did not check in the last few days and did not get an email to notify me of your reply.

There are different ways to approach this, of course. Always!

Firstly, you can just consider this consciously.

I noticed that some of the things you mentioned in your original post were worries based on negative predictions other people (e. g. the media) have made.

However, as is often the case, some of these prophecies did not come to pass. You still reacted to those worst case scenarios as though they were happening (or were certain to happen). This will have affected you on an emotional level.

I only point this out, as many of us can be influenced by the hysteria of others and buying into the worst case scenarios. Most of the news these days is predicated o “worst case scenarios.” So many of the things we are told “will happen” do not actually happen and, if they do, do not happen as extremely or ruinously as predicted.

By contrast, I do not think too many people would have predicted that the last 12 months would have played out the way they did. You are certainly not alone in being affected by this.

However, on a conscious level, you could make a note of everything bad you expected/were told would happen… that did not happen. You could do this for the last year, or even for the last few years.

This will just free you up to see that you were not reacting to reality, but a predicted reality.

There is tremendous power in using the Click Tracks… whilst imagining that the absolute worst case scenarios (from this point forward) are going to happen.

Here is what I recommend, going forward:

Run the Click Tracks until you get to a SUD level of 0 or 1 and can imagine those things and not feel panicked about them. This will help you tremendously and, if you dealt with the worst case scenario in this way, you would deal with it from a much calmer state of mind (should it happen in reality).

There is a paradox here. Some people have gotten excellent results whilst running the Click Tracks on things they consciously “knew” were unlikely to happen. However, if you feel unwanted emotions whilst imagining something happening, it is a useful strategy to clear that from your system. It is beneficial and takes away some mental clutter.

As for the OCD, Tim, have you used the Click Tracks to clear all the historical pains of which you were/are aware? If not, then I definitely recommend going back to the earliest period of your life where you sensed you, the people you love or the world was in danger.

You may also get some movement whilst imagining you absolutely cannot do the OCD behaviour ever again. Make that real and try hard to bring up the urge/compulsion and CT that.

You may also wish to CT the compulsion every time it arises (or as close as possible to the time when it arises).

For the belief, yes, it would be absolutely fine to run it again (if it still feels true).

“Something bad is going to happen” may be what I call a transitory belief or simply a negative expectation, but holding it definitely does something to your nervous system. You did not pluck it out of thin air and there will be reasons why you feel this. Getting rid of it when/if it presents will prove beneficial.

There might be something more causal here too. You might wish to consider whether a belief like the one below resonates:

– “The world is a dangerous place”

You may consciously disagree, so say it out loud to see if it feels true, heavy or painful.

If it does, I recommend that you put it into the past tense, and run a BB whilst trying hard to believe it.

As for the PQT, it is a nice suggestion but maybe it clashed too strongly with your current belief set. Maybe there is a belief within your subconscious that is not OK to feel calm.

Clearing beliefs and emotions around safety/danger will certainly help.

You could also layer in an even softer suggestion:

“Maybe it really is safe for me to feel much calmer, no matter what happens”

I hope this helps, Tim.

Please keep the thread updated with your progress and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Tim McCloskey
            PSTEC User

Hi Paul,

Tried putting some beliefs into the past tense which I know I feel to be true like:

“I was rejected”

I had to stop not long after starting due to strong resistance which manifested as anxiety

It feels at the moment as though childhood fears are manifesting but there is nothing tangible to tap on. Sometimes these are very strong emotionally but when I try to focus on something to click track it’s like it’s not really there and it’s just out of sight.

These fears could be anything but seem to be linked to feelings of abandonment and also of scenes from old movies that scared me when I was little. However if I aim there, it’s like it moves. Any advice?

Paul McCabe

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply and for sharing some of the difficulties you have experienced.

It sounds like there might be something (or some things) that your mind is not wanting you to face at that moment. This is absolutely OK.

There are different ways around this – always. This is by no means a prescriptive or exhaustive list.

Your subconscious is simply doing its job and trying to keep you safe. It is, in effect, pattern-matching. Something in your environment could possibly be triggering these feelings. It could be that you are feeling influenced by other people’s views.

What you can do is just work with the feelings you have – the unwanted ones – and see if you can attach them to any times, people, situations or memories with which/whom you know the feelings (e.g. anxious feelings) are present. You can then CT those whilst trying hard to feel the feelings. The 2015 Click Tracks tend to be the best tools for this.

If the scenes keep moving, you may wish to imagine that you are watching yourself watching those movies, or making them black and white… and then trying to feel the feelings. Your conscious effort will usually be enough, in any case – work with what presents to you.

You may also wish to make a mental or written note about when the anxious feelings fire off and what you are doing at that time. Patterns will likely become apparent.

You can layer in PQT statements along the lines of:

– “Maybe it is safe and helpful to remember my childhood fully now”

and/or

– “I thought I was rejected, but maybe I can accept I was wrong”

and/or

– “Maybe it is safe to feel safe, as that will help protect me”

If any statement seems “too good to be true”, soften it or re-word it so that it resonates with you.

It can be helpful to think that you are just telling a scared part of you something that is likely to put it in a more empowering frame.

With that in mind, what did you need to hear when you were experiencing any difficulties in childhood?

If it came from someone who loved you deeply, and who you trusted, what would have really helped in those moments?

You may wish to sit with those questions, as this will help you layer in more impactful PQTs.

You can also run an Accelerator tapping track whilst pondering the question “what is it that I have been afraid to face?” or “what would be bad if I didn’t feel this anxiety anymore?”

Anxiety is usually just a label given to the uncomfortable feelings and thoughts resulting from a belief that something bad is going to happen. So, you can also CT the “worst case scenarios.” I mentioned the news reports earlier in the thread, and we do absorb these things – what people around us are saying, doing and what we see in the various media.

Most of the media profits from predicting worst case scenarios and engages in scaremongering.

Go into that as your own scientist and see if anything new comes to mind – ideas, insights, memories etc. If any painful memories or imagined outcomes come to mind, CT those.

Please let me know how you get on, Tim, and please continue to dialogue if anything is unclear.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.