Anxiety is back
- This topic is empty.
- July 10, 2011 at 7:34 am#21353Jeff HardingPSTEC User
This is Pam. Am looking forward to receiving a reply from you. Thanks in advance. This is the first and last time that I'll write a long story. Please bear with me.
I've been suffering from anxiety for 7 years already. It started when I was 15 years old. There were lots of pressure in school then. I had to maintain my rank 1 standing, lead a volleyball team during athletic meets, write articles for the school publication, play table tennis for the school, lead the detachment (I was corps commander then) etc plus my father always pushed me so hard to excel in everything. Everybody was looking up at me (or that was what I thought) and the pressure was intense. The GAD started there. Dark and deep circles around my eyes developed. Tension headaches became chronic. Sleepless nights became frequent. And my father told me that I looked emaciated.
In college, I studied in our premier university and had to graduate with honors (the pressure was coming from me already). I developed OCD. I read books and notes over and over again until I memorize them. I studied everyday and slept at around 2am almost everyday. It came to the point where I can't sleep anymore and I was so tensed. My father and I visited a psychiatrist. Honestly, the medicines made me relax…but it was temporary so I decided to stop it.
At 21 years old (already a graduate), I discovered glutathione. Started taking it in January 2011…it did miracles for me! I slept soundly (I dreamt every night), the headaches were gone and my skin looked great.
Until…I had a pregnancy scare in March 2011. The panic attacks and sleepless nights are now back (I remembered the feeling and I got scared again). My theory that glutathione solved my problem was debunked. I tried PSTEC for 2 days and it worked! I slept soundly last night but I was somehow sabotaging myself. Why? Because of other fears and questions:
– It feels alone to know that glutathione is not the cause of my 2-month relief from GAD. I've never had a single attack in 2 months because I thought it's protecting me from fears and headaches. Could you confirm that gluta has helped me?
– Will PSTEC provide lasting solution? Or will I be left alone and helpless again after a few months?
– I sabotage myself. Since glutathione is not the one that helped me…I always tell myself that I will be be back to my old, emotionaly-burdened self
PamJuly 10, 2011 at 7:41 am#22460Jeff HardingPSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
The comments from anyone here will not include any advice on medications to take or not take… that is the realm of certified medical professionals and you must consult with your doctor on subject or category. Also, be sure to review the official PSTEC Legal and Disclaimer Notice on what issues can be addressed with PSTEC .
PSTEC has provided a lasting solution for many people throughout the world in many categories. Also, people are using PSTEC in areas that were not originally recommended, so just be sure you take responsibility for its use.
Those that are finding long lasting solutions, use PSTEC consistently and properly according to Tim's instructions.
When we have deep seated fears and other unpleasant reactions, it may take some time to “unseat” them because the subconscious (sub) does not enjoy quick and drastic changes, for the most part, unless we approach it in a way that is acceptable to the sub.
So, as you can see, the sub is very powerful. Despite trying to maybe ignore, suppress, use medications, etc.; the sub still finds a way to “express” itself within you as well as outwardly. There is something to be healed within your mind model… the thoughts and conclusions of the sub. When we ignore those signals… the communication… from the sub… like a child not getting attention… the sub can act up to higher and higher degrees to get your attention.
My compliments, Pam, for looking at this and beginning to pay attention to healing rather than suppressing or just coping.
So, the aim of PSTEC is all about finding harmony within yourself between your conscious mind and your sub in an empowering way. When those are in harmony in an empowering way (i.e. pleasant feelings and experiences), then you begin to unleash your unlimited potential.
Ah, first, let's get to the fundamentals…
Follow the process and instructions from Tim and begin with the memories that are foremost in your mind… in your post here, you have several clues to begin:
I've been suffering from anxiety for 7 years already. It started when I was 15 years old. There were lots of pressure in school then. Begin to look at specific memories from then that you mention here and others that “come up” when you do your PSTEC work…
- I had to maintain my rank 1 standing,
- lead a volleyball team during athletic meets,
- write articles for the school publication,
- play table tennis for the school,
- lead the detachment (I was corps commander then)
- my father always pushed me so hard to excel in everything
- Everybody was looking up at me (or that was what I thought) and the pressure was intense.
- my father told me that I looked emaciated.
- I studied in our premier university and had to graduate with honors (the pressure was coming from me already)
[/list]Now, some of these may be specific enough, some may be general. Look at each as a category and ask yourself, what was the evidence of this… when do I remember specifically feeling this way and experiencing this? When you are focusing on a memory, look at it as a time and place and/or person if someone else is involved. Go to that memory, then rate the emotion/feeling the memory invokes and take those two pieces (the memory AND the emotion) and those will be your focus for the Click Track (CT). Then, follow Tim's instructions on the CT.
So, you are looking to heal the memories and will allow you to basically let them go emotionally. As you do this, your model of the world will begin to change. Your perception of Reality will change.
You are looking to find the emotional source or cause of your anxiety and unburden yourself. As you do this, there will be changes…notice those changes. When you begin to dismantle the cause of the anxiety, the very foundation that your sub is basing its conclusions, then a new mind model will begin to develop to replace the old one.
Just begin with what's on your mind most and proceed with persistence and consistency and let us know how you are doing.
JeffJuly 10, 2011 at 7:51 am#22461Jeff HardingPSTEC User
this is bilal with u from pakistan, it’s really a pleasure for me to write u and like Pam i have also been looking for ur reply.well, now i come to the point and that is that i ve got some anxiety issue since last 45 days.and it was started when once i was alone and was trying to sleep in night and suddenly my heart beat has increased for 3,4 seconds for no reason and after a few there came a fear in my mind that some thing worst is about to happen.i was feeling so alone and depressed then i dont know how but i went to sleep.i slept well and the next day all of my negative feelings flew away and i was feeling so normal and great.then after about 4-5days when i was in a gathering (where escape was difficult) i again started feeling the same that something worst is about to b happened.i felt so un-normal and fear-ful.finally i got rid of that gathering and felt well.
my family members gave me confidence that i m all-right and normal that worked a lot.and i started feeling well.now the problem is i feel normal for 2-3 days and then fear of the Unknown overcomes me and i start feeling fearful.these intense feelings remain for 4,5 mins and then go-away and then i feel normal and quite happy.and more importantly i wanna tell u that in these days i do not fear about my heart-beat or some panic attack.i feel afraid of Unknown fear.starting with unknown wave of fear and it starts building on.while at the same time my mind start thinking that im feeling afraid and it builds up.
let me mention here that these feelings are not that strong as they were in the past but still they hurt me to some extent.i just want to get rid of them permanently.and u know ur words will help me alot.as u r the great inspiration for me….
Sir please hit me fast..
bilalJuly 10, 2011 at 7:55 am#22462Jeff HardingPSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
First of all, each time you use the word “sir” I keep looking around for my father. :- ) … but, I appreciate the respect… mahalo!
Secondly, but most importantly, I believe… notice these encouraging aspects:
- i dont know how but i went to sleep…i slept well and the next day all of my negative feelings flew away and i was feeling so normal and great.
- i got rid of that gathering and felt well.
- my family members gave me confidence that i m all-right and normal
- these feelings are not that strong as they were in the past
This is proof that you do know how to transcend the unpleasant (non-JEEP – joy, enthusiasm, excitement, peace) feelings… both consciously and subconsciously… so you are not starting from ground zero… you already know how!!!
[/list]Great news, yah?
It's just a matter of clearing up some more junk in there and allowing yourself to move up higher and higher on the JEEP scale! So, good job thus far!
So, let's move you along further on that scale so you can be in the JEEP mode, pretty much every day and every moment of your day.
Alright… I am going to give you a few comments to help you on your assessment and approach to these Panic Attacks/Anxiety (PA)…
- Be sure to listen to Tim's short tutorial on Panic Attacks… it comes with the free Basic PSTEC Audio Package.
- Since it appears that you are not consciously aware of the cause of the anxiety, then one approach is to use the Click Tracks (CT) on your memories of the various events of anxiety or PA… for example:
- “… last 45 days…started when i was alone and was trying to sleep in night and suddenly my heart beat has increased for 3,4 seconds for no reason” (focus on that event and the feelings/emotions that come up when you recall that event)
- “there came a fear in my mind that some thing worst is about to happen.”
[/list]How do you imagine “something worse is about to happen?” Take that imaginary event even if it seems a bit “fuzzy” along with the fear and use the CT.
- “i was feeling so alone and depressed then”… again, take that memory in your mind and the emotion/feeling and use the CT.
- “when i was in a gathering (where escape was difficult) i again started feeling the same that something worst is about to b happend.i felt so un-normal and fear-ful”… again, use the CT on that memory
- “fear of the Unknown overcomes me”… take this basic belief or behavior and begin to ask yourself questions like, “Fear of what… why am I fearful… what's an example of something I fear… when did this fear start… what are my experiences in the past that support these thoughts and fears?”
- Allow the fear to come up and the images/movies/memories/imagined future events to come up as well. This is the data… the information… that you can use in pairing up the memory/imagined event AND emotion/feeling when you use the CT or the EEF's.
[/list]Remember the anxiety coming up is merely communication from the sub and tells you what is wrong… you just need to listen to it instead of trying to get rid of it. Listen to it so you can find the cause of the issue and correct that error in your mind.
Also, consider purchasing the PSTEC Accelerators as this will help to encourage the sub to reveal to you the underlying causes.
Keep clickin'… Aloha!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.