- This topic is empty.
- July 3, 2011 at 8:53 pm#21322Jeff HardingPSTEC User
I need a bit of guidance in regard to a client that used to have panic attacks that started after one of her parents died. Even though she doesn't have panic attacks anymore, and was doing quite well, she is now riddled with anxiety at night that prevent her from sleeping. It is so bad that her physician considers hospitalizing her and 'putting her under', since she literally doesn't sleep and her nervous system is starting to 'fail'. We had worked on several issues and memories in regard to her parent's disease and subsequent death and she felt a lot better. Since then, the best friend of her deceased parent got diagnosed with lung cancer that (the medical professions says) is “beyond hope and treatment.”
My client had a very negative experience during a training she only took because her then very sick parent asked her to go to. The entire time she was there, she had panic attacks. The leader of the training was very 'persuasive' and didn't allow any other opinion. My client felt 'brainwashed' and powerless to ward off any suggestive statements (that's also a problem she had with her very dominant deceased parent). This training made her very afraid of getting lung cancer as this training suggests that if someone has had a 'death fright', that this could lead to lung cancer. Since she felt like she was dying during several panic attacks with hyperventilation, during which she actually was 'paralyzed' (due to too much oxygen), she is now very afraid that she could get lung cancer. How would YOU apply PSTEC? Since she didn't have panic attacks in at least 8 months, I'm not sure if I should 'treat' her AS IF she had panic attacks, and not go into the emotion, rather look for even more specific incidents. However, we worked on several already, and she always reported to feel tremendous relief. This seems like a major setback to her. What would you suggest?
I suggest that you visit Jeff Harding's page & http://www.livefreewithpstec.com & http://www.livefreewitheft.com
Jeff is our most generous professional member…
One of his contact links is at the very bottom of his brand new PSTEC site.
He will help you out, I'm sure !
PS: I have to tell you that I followed your EFT videos on YouTube ! Wow !
I got (pride) tears in my eyes when I saw you joined my ning site !
What an a-ha moment… Merci beaucoup Sunny !
I forgot to mention that if possible it would be appreciated, that you interact through this ning,
so that fans can benefit from your questions too…(copy/paste is fine)
Thanks so much for your response, advice, and kind remarks
I have to admit that I have absolutely no clue about “Ning” and how to post via “Ning”? Do I have to go to a different website to log on to Ning? I find all this 'computer/website/internet'-stuff highly confusing (tap, tap, tap…) as I don't have enough experience with it (yet…).
Bonjour Sunny !
I found this video to help you with posting on our forum…
A bientot, ma chère !
I forgot to ask you – since you greeted me with 'Bonjour', I wondered if you live in Canada? My French is a bit 'rusty' (to say the least ) since I haven't spoken/written since I moved away from Switzerland (I used to live in Geneve, right at the French border at Verrier).
Au revoir, Soie – et “A bientot sur Internet”!
(Have no clue how to type the accents….)
Bonjour chère Sunny !
Oui, oui, j'habite Montréal home of the Jazz & Just for Laughs Festivals, Cirque du Soleil & Grand Prix to name a few summer activities…
Bon été !
SoieJuly 3, 2011 at 8:57 pm#22384Jeff HardingPSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
What a tangled web we weave, albeit subconsciously. It's almost as if we are victims…at least we buy into that whole belief system…that we have no choice we have no power. Ok, enough of those thoughts and talk…let's take some action in the other direction.
It's a bit difficult to ascertain a definite direction yet…be prepared to ask more questions because there are some interesting connections as well as some open question marks.
I hesitate to suggest too much because we must allow her subconscious to reveal what is necessary rather than analyze and tell her what to do, so use questions around these issues to allow her to reveal the issues within. Also, I am taking your words here as her words, nonetheless, here are some aspects to consider in your work with her:
DEFINITIONS AND COMMUNICATION
- She mentions “panic attacks” and “riddled with anxiety.” What is the difference…how would she describe them? I ask this because she mentions that there are no panic attacks any longer, but only anxiety. Is there truly a difference? You see, both of those reactions are the symptoms…the communication. So, is the communication changing or is she just shifting her perception of that communication by covering it up and “making it less than it is?”
- Again, understanding her definitions is very important in your communication. Her “nervous system is starting to fail.” What does that mean and how does she know? As you have learned from PSTEC, language and understanding language can be very helpful as we guide people along. When you are diligent in understanding the meaning of their words, it can bring a wealth of awareness to them because they never before considered the meaning of their very own language. For example (a very simple one); if someone says “Everyone hates me.” And, you ask “Everyone?” Just that simple question and their response can either help you to find a path to consider in your PSTEC work, but also just hearing themselves say it and how absolutes like “everyone, everything, always, etc.” are not Reality, but only their own perception, this can carry quite a bit of weight in helping to collapse a limiting belief. I have seen people's awareness perk up just with that little question.
- “My client felt brainwashed and powerless… also a problem she had with her very dominant deceased parent” …How does she know she is being brainwashed? What does it feel like to be brainwashed? Again, an area of definition for you to use in your guidance.
- Here are some potential table tops, meaning, general beliefs or states of being and are great beginning clues as you drill down a bit on her issues. You can also use these as barometers to how you are doing.
For example, if you look at the truth of the statement, “I am easily brainwashed and influenced by others”… how true is that statement on a scale of 0-10, 10 being absolute truth? Rate the truth, write it down and as you work on the issues, check back in periodically and look at the truth of that statement. This will give her a good idea of her shifts Within. You may even have to alter those a bit. Instead of “…influenced by others.”; you may use “…influenced by _____________ (a particular person).” Again, keep throwing out stuff and see what hits.
[/list] a. I am easily persuaded and influenced by others…by my parents…or just one parent.
b. I have no control over my body…system…mind.
c. I have no control over getting some disease…my parents were sick with _________, so will I be too; just a matter of time.
d. Once I get a disease, it's over…hopeless…I have no control whatsoever…just like _____________.
With all of these general table tops, look for the emotions and feelings as the clues to find some specifics…to find the limiting beliefs. Many times, if we find the limiting beliefs and are “right on point,” we don't have to worry too much about ALL the specifics. If we have the belief come through of the subconscious and can find the ways in which the subconscious represents that belief along with the feelings and emotions; then that's the grist we need for the PSTEC mill.
SO KEEP THAT IN MIND…FIND THE LIMITING BELIEFS FOR YOUR USE WITH THE PSTEC AUDIOS.
Again, you are looking for images, memories, videos, words, thoughts, beliefs…any of those, some of those, all of those…whatever is presented to you via communication (again so important) from the client's subconscious. What are the experiences and “evidence” that the limiting belief is true?
- There are some interesting connections here, at least potential ones… parent's disease and parent’s friend's disease and client's fear of disease or fear of death… parent's “brainwashing and influence” and trainer's (look at the experience of the trainer as a clue about specifics with the parent in this area.
- Last but not least, here are some specifics you try with PSTEC:
[/list] a. Death of parent…look at other aspects, not just physical aspects, but ask “What does their death mean to you…how does it affect you…what is your conclusion from this?
b. The event with the trainer…use this as well, when the intensity is down, to ask, “What does this remind you of?” You are looking for the beginning or cause of losing her self control or her ability to “ward off suggestion.” If the parent's brainwashing was similar, look for all the various specifics to use with PSTEC.
c.When she was paralyzed with the hyperventilation.
I know, I know…you asked for “a bit” of guidance and I probably went overboard…so sue me. :- )
Not only will the questions help you to find some core issues…yes, there may be multiple ones … but, as you persist…as she allows you to persist…she too, will come up with some of her own.
Couple Last Thoughts…
- Be sure she is relaxed as you work with her in session so that the thoughts and feelings coming through are from her subconscious rather than her intellect. As Tim says, therapy is not as effective as done with the intellect.
- Also, for the sake of your own practice and for you, be sure your client takes responsibility for her health, especially since she is under the care of a medical doctor.
- These are, most likely, some incredibly deep, core issues for her, so it may take some time. Be sure she is aware of shifts in her perceptions. When that changes, again, ask questions to help her realize there is a change so that she continues with her work on these issues.
Good job, Sunny!
I appreciate you reaching out and hope this helps a bit.
If I can be of further help, feel free to email or call me.
Take good care…keep clickin’…aloha!
PS I appreciate all that you do…appreciate who you are!!
Here are some additional notes that might be even more specific for working with your client…
Listen in to the audio that comes with the PSTEC Basic Package on Panic Attacks…there are some wonderful gems in there and, by listening to these audios several times, it becomes second nature for us in working with others. With this familiarity comes a growing confidence. What we bring to the table as guides with PSTEC, in my opinion more than anything, is confidence. Confidence in ourselves, in PSTEC and, MOST IMPORTANT, confidence in those we guide and help.
Here are some notes that might give you some hints on this case as well and, from my experience, when I have a client that might seem baffling from time to time it’s not only because I are hitting upon some very causative and deep issues, but I am gaining more momentum in being able to guide an even wider range of situations and people through this crazy maze of the ego.
So, here are some additional thoughts:
- When Tim talked about panic attacks, he did not advise against focusing on feelings, but advises to BE SURE to focus on memories and not feelings alone. You are looking for triggers or the experiences of the subconscious that tell it to trigger panic and fear.
- You mentioned you have collapsed quite a bit of memories in those regards, so just keep at it.
- Help her with the more difficult memories and if you give homeplay (work? Nnaaaahhh), then give her some simple and easy ones to work with using PSTEC. I love giving people homeplay with PSTEC because it’s much more simple than EFT in that they don’t have to worry about what to say. Just focus on the images, thoughts and feelings and go to it. So, in my personal sessions with clients, I am always making notes for two areas: table tops and specifics events. In the homeplay, I will give them a table top or two to be aware of in terms of the feelings and memories that pop up and to note them. The events or memories are there for them to take time and use PSTEC or EFT on in their own private time. This also gets them working on their own so they become more proficient over time rather than having them become a “Jeff addict.” :- )
- Even though she is not experiencing panic attacks anymore, have her look at those past ones if not to clear them, to see what they remind her of and maybe find more triggers.
- There may be many repetitions necessary, so, as I’m sure you already are, be patient and persistent.
Again, I may be preaching to the choir, but ya never know what may hit a chord (pun intended).
So, you may use PSTEC very similarly to EFT in terms of the process. In fact, as I tell most people, the assessment phase is the same. We are looking for images, movies, thoughts, beliefs, emotions, feelings and other sensory awareness.
Once I assess, then we either use EFT or PSTEC and some imagery.
Do I apply PSTEC to all the aspects? Well, I usually don’t have to. Quite often, I can gather what info they have on the core issue and I ask them, when they feel that feeling and have that reaction, what comes to mind most often…what images come about…how is that state of mind or being represented in their mind. They may describe something in particular, like seeing a person’s face with a particular expression. So, then we use PSTEC on the general feelings and images and thoughts. Other times, yes, we use it on specific events with the feelings.
Again, with panic attacks (PA) and even anxiety, look for the specific instances of PA or anxiety and watch for triggers that occur and even work on the specific events of PA and anxiety.
The advantages to PSTEC:
- Again, I believe PSTEC to be much simpler for people to use on their own and is very helpful in moving aside the conscious mind and relaxing the subconscious. This is usually easier for them when someone guides them, but very difficult on their own…PSTEC fills that void very well.
- Many people have used it on more general beliefs and thoughts, so they didn’t have to work on each and every aspect.
- We can incorporate PSTEC Positive. So, when all is calm and the person is feeling groovy, we can pull out the positive and begin to install new thoughts and desires…very effective because unlike EFT Choices, PSTEC Positive is speaking directly to the subconscious, with Choices, we usually still have the conscious mind engaged. Once again, a little simpler for people to use it on their own and every little difference can become the tipping point for a new percpetion…new growth…new awareness…a new life!
- Some people just react more positively to PSTEC…just a personal alignment with some…we all have different ways of relating to the world, right?
[/list] So I encourage you to move forward as you usually do with your expertise. Keep up the good work for all you come in contact with…again, I appreciate your work, your passion, all you do…all you ARE.
Take care…Aloha nui loa!
JeffJuly 3, 2011 at 8:58 pm#22385Jeff HardingPSTEC User
Looking back over my life, it is now apparent to me that I have had a life long anxiety disorder. I have tried different energy techniques to help myself and have worked also with a couple of different practitioners. It has been my experience that when I find something really powerful (like pstec) my body responds wonderfully, but then within a short time, maybe a few hours to a day, my whole body is feeling very stressed and tense. This may last for up to a couple of days, so in the end, I end up giving up. I just remembered reading a few months back, in an EFT email, that releasing anxiety is different than working with any other issues a person may have. After using pstec for a few days and again experiencing this same phenomenon, I decided to see if I could find the article. I have been searching all morning and have finally found it. So for any of you that may be experiencing these same issues, here is the link: http://www.tapintoeft.com/eft-anxiety/default.html It has been written for EFT, but I'm sure that we can convert it, and do the same thing with pstec. This article makes total sense to me, and I hope it helps some of you with your issues.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.