Atelophobia – Resolved "Not Good Enough" with Cascade Release

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Cascade Release Atelophobia – Resolved "Not Good Enough" with Cascade Release

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brian Tucker
    PSTEC User

I ran across this post: http://pstecforum.com/pf/cascade-release/cascade-release/msg435/#msg435 and I suggested a few people test using Cascade Release to remove this. They simply focused on the feelings of “I'm not good enough”. I had three people give it a whirl and when complete all three could not feel these feelings anymore and felt much different. One even commented that he was around some people at work as if he was inferior to them and today he noticed he did not have those feelings.

Enjoy!

============================================

Atelophobia is the fear of not doing something right or the fear of not being good enough. Quite simply put it’s a fear of imperfection. Persons suffering from this psychological disorder may be often depressed when their perceived expectations do not match reality.

An atelophobic has the fear that whatever he is doing is wrong in some way. Even making a call, writing something, eating or even talking in front of others is difficult for them as they are afraid they are making some kind of error in their task. This makes that person extremely self-conscious.

The person makes a goal, which he considers as perfect. Unfortunately, that goal cannot be reached. This makes that person miserable and he loses more self-confidence, strengthening his belief that he can never do anything correct.

http://atelophobia.org/what-is-atelophobia/

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Brian
        Just goes to show how flexible PSTEC can be.

Part of what makes us human is our ability to give names to things we do not understand. This forms the building blocks of language, so that we can communicate this thing to someone else. Unforunately this naming also tends to make us think we know and understand a thing once we have named it. This applies to health issues sort of like this “Yes I'm feeling bad, I've got depression”. This sort of self victimising is something that as therapists we have to get around and give back the self control to the client so that they are in charge of them not their depression or what ever For this reason I try hard not to to explain any set of symptoms by giving them a name which the client can then take away and use as a badge.

More next post.
        Peter

Brian Tucker
        PSTEC User

I agree. As it relates to PSETC it's for the most part all about the feeling. Often times words can't even describe it. The clue in self-detective work is that of which only the client/subject can know, what it feels like inside.

I sometimes post what the overall feelings might be generally described as by the medical world though, in reality, it can be different for everyone. Just focus on that feeling. What is the feeling?! :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.