Attachment styles

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BK
    PSTEC User

Hi all,

I would like your opinion or advices on how to handle one topic. I read that basicaly we have 4 different attachment styles when it comes to relationships – based on attachment theory that has roots way back in the 1950s. Secure, anxsious, avoidant and more rearly anxious-avoidant type.

For example, anxious type is often nervous and stressed about their relationships. They need constant reassurance and affection from their partner. They have trouble being alone or single. They have trouble trusting people, even if they’re close to them, yet excessively rely on others for their emotional needs and to resolve their problems. Their behavior can be irrational, sporadic, and overly-emotional. And probably bursting into tears while doing so.

Most wanted is of course secure type and probably with PSTEC we can get to this state pretty fast if you know how to handle it.

How would one go about chaning attachement style using PSTEC and BB? I read thru the forum a lot and it seems that it is good to start with frustration and anger about all of this issues (here I did a lot of CT already but for some reason things are not moving anywhere, I only feel I’m getting worse which is in it self again frustrating so again CT-ing this frustration… going around in circles I think….), then perhaps clear obstacles around change itself (also a major issue for me as there are beliefs that I can’t change no matter how many times I listen to BB,…) and only then you go about the topic at hand. But also here one would have to find out why they feel like this – this anxiety or low self-worth, right? Which is again hard for some people, even for me.

Well, any kind of advice here would be helpfull because honestly, I’m on the werge of giving up completely.

BK
      PSTEC User

Anybody? I hope that this forum has not died.

BK
        PSTEC User

It seems this forum is no longer supported… To bad, was hoping that someone still watches this…
          Well, writing to my self it seems 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.