Basic Question about PSTEC click tracks

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Confused and Not Sure Where to Start Basic Question about PSTEC click tracks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hriswadkar
    PSTEC User

Hello,

I have downloaded PSTEC app on android phone and trying to use it for overcoming negative thoughts. As per the instructions, one needs to click with right or left hand as follows:

if the tone is:
      click took took took —> click/tap with fingers of right hand
      click took took took (very slow) —> click/tap with fingers of left hand
      only tone —> click/tap with both hands

My question is, when I hear the sound, am I supposed to click/tap for every sound or only the sound of click?

My apologies if the question sounds too stupid/basic but I just want to ensure that I understand the instructions correctly and follow it.

I am trying my best to overcome negative feelings related to swimming and want to get rid of it at all cost.

Please help me regarding my query.

Thanks,

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Well, first of all it depends which Click Track you are using because you will notice that each Click Track has a little different instructions in terms of which hand responds to which click or tone.

For each click and tone, you are TAPPING your fingers.

It does not matter where you tap your fingers just that the fingers are tapping and moving.  Most people are sitting and, if comfortable, rest their hands on their thighs and just tap the thighs, but, again, where you tap does not matter.

If you feel that tapping a certain point will help, please do.
        There are two click beat tracks and a tone track in every audio, but the tapping varies depending upon the particular audio file.

Let’s take the Click Track 01 (file name “PSTecFile01”) as an example…
        1.There is the first, faster click beat track and Tim says tap with the fingers of the right hand along with the rhythm of the clicking.
        2.There is a second, slower click beat track and Tim says tap along with the fingers of the left hand along with the rhythm of the clicking.
        3.There is a tone and when you hear that, you tap with BOTH hands as rapidly as you can.
        Again, when it comes to tapping with your individual hands and the speed of the tapping, they correspond the same.  In other words, when you tap with either hand singly, you tap in rhythm or in time with the clicks and tones.  When you are tapping with both hands, tap them rapidly together; as fast as you can.

Remember, just do the best you can in terms of the tapping… if you miss, don't worry, just do the best you can.

Be sure you are focusing as he says in the audio on TRYING HARD  to feel the feelings (it’s not important to feel the feelings, but only TRY HARD to feel the feelings) and the problem memory or imagined event.  Don't worry about understanding what he is saying; just focus on trying hard to feel the feeling, on the memory/imagined event and doing the best you can to keep up the tapping with your fingers.

Listen to the PSTEC Instructions audio again to become more familiar with the process and also review the FAQ's as they may give you more insight on how to use PSTEC appropriately and may also give you more confidence in using them…
        http://pstec.org/faq.php

If you continue having difficulty, check the PSTEC register for a practitioner that may be able to help you individually and guide you through the process…
        http://www.pstecregister.org.uk/

Aloha!
        Jeff

hriswadkar
        PSTEC User

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I was referring to click track 01. I think I have now understood it better that I need to tap in time with the clicks and tones. Also, that I need to concentrate more on the feeling of negative emotion regarding certain aspect in my life so that I can get rid of it.

I will surely try to go through the FAQs and will post any further doubts.

Thanks,

Jeff Harding
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

You're always welcome!

Notes:
            I need to tap in time with the clicks and tones
            True for the clicks, but with the tone, you tap as rapidly as you can.

I need to concentrate more on the feeling of negative emotion
            Remember, it's not important that you feel the feeling (although you may and that's fine), but it's important to TRY HARD to feel the feeling… big difference between feeling it and TRYING HARD to feel it.

Keep in mind…
            You focus… concentrate hard … on 3 things:

• The memory or imagined event
            • TRY HARD to feel the feeling or emotion
            • Do your best to keep up with the clicks and tones while tapping your fingers.
            • [/list]DO NOT try and listen to what Tim says after the instructions.  Focus on the 3 above and let him have a chat with your subconscious.  ;)

Aloha!
              Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.