Being honest

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Wynn
    PSTEC User

Hi guys,

I have been working very hard with pstec. Have encountered a few issues. It feels like I'm not being completely honest with myself (not on the surface but on a deeper level). I feel as if I am holding back details, emotions, etc. I don't fully dive into a memory or a feeling. What can I do to open up a little? I have been using this statement with positive. “I am now open to the possibility of feeling my emotions fully” will be progressing to something stronger later on.

I also find it hard to really believe anything when using belief blasters, I just feel uninterested. I do try, I really try to believe, but I just don't ever feel invested in it although I know the belief is effecting me at a deeper level. I cant actually pin point what I do internally to make a belief real to me, so what do I focus on.

Hope everybody has been well,
      Thanks

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

Let's talk clicktracks. Have you tried using imagined future events? Worst case scenario as extreme/bad/certain as you can?

Paul McCabe
        PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Clearingman,

Thank you for your post and for your honesty.

Without knowing the specific issues you are addressing, I will be somewhat “general” here.

When you encounter this apparent block, it could be that there is some subconscious resistance to going back to painful memories or confronting anything that causes you to feel discomfort.

To see whether this feels true, say “It is safe to let go of these feelings” and “It is safe to resolve my issues” out loud.

If you struggle to say those or, if doing so brings up discomfort, this is a sign you may hold the opposite beliefs (e.g. “It is dangerous to let go of these feelings”).

You can eliminate these using PSTEC Negative or the Belief Blasters – follow the separate and distinct protocols for these tools.

You may also hold beliefs like “I'm not authentic”, “I'm meant to suffer” or “Getting rid of this is unnatural.”

Please test these.

Also ask what the feelings are adding to you – do they give you a sense of certainty or connection with others? Do you feel that they protect you?

Really consider this. You know the answers already and it is simply a case of drawing those out.

If you are worried about revisiting painful memories, remind yourself that you are only visiting these. You are not re-living them. It is just like watching an old movie and YOU are the editor.

Then, using PSTEC Positive, you could layer in the suggestions referenced earlier:

“It is safe to let go of these feelings”
          “I am safe as I resolve these issues”

And the bonus:

“When I use the Click Tracks, I remember the cause of my problems”

Which beliefs have you run through the Belief Blasters?

Did you say the words of the belief out loud before running the track? Did they feel true?

If the beliefs were not emotionally causal or not feeding into a behavioural/emotional pattern, removing them would do very little. It may “budge” things a bit, but it would probably not pack the punch to soften the pattern and lead you to the KO.

For instance, if you felt sad and worked on the belief “I'm sad”, this is just arguing against your present emotional experience. You would be best CTing the sadness here; if, however, someone felt sad because their relationship has just ended, there would be beliefs feeding into this – perhaps “I'm helpless”, “Relationships don't work”, “I'll never find love again.”

This scenario is just an example, of course. If you are happy to share your story, I can be more specific. Feel free to email or PM me.

We aren't often conscious of our beliefs and it can take a bit of detective work  and patience. Keep practising.

Emotions are often more accessible, and you can immediately CT them. They leave clues.

A useful way to access a belief is “what would I have to believe about X (e.g. myself, that task, those people) to feel Y (e.g. sad, angry, uncomfortable)?”

Once you have identified a belief and tested it, you can ask “how do I know this is a problem?”

The answer will come to you, if you persist.

You may also wish to consider how holding a certain belief would impact someone (e.g. yourself).

If I told you that someone held a belief like “If I don't do things perfectly, people will reject me”, how do you think they would approach certain tasks?

This is just a brief way to conceptualise beliefs. Now, with that in mind, keep TRYING to believe it while running the Belief Blasters.

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Paul ?

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
          PSTEC User

Also a few things you can do – CT each to a 1 or 0

Imagine the clicktracks absolutely do not work at all. Never will it, is impossible for it work and they will not help you at all.

Imagine you cannot be helped it is impossible and you will be in this bad state forever.

Imagine you are not allowed to ever show any emotions, it is not possible, you must absolutely hold it all in/back, stuff them all down, never ok to have, feel or display them.

Also as Paul said – Imagine it is absolutely extremely dangerous to show or feel any emotions and you must never do so.

Daniel Wynn
            PSTEC User

Hi Clearingman,

Thank you for your post and for your honesty.

Without knowing the specific issues you are addressing, I will be somewhat “general” here.

When you encounter this apparent block, it could be that there is some subconscious resistance to going back to painful memories or confronting anything that causes you to feel discomfort.

To see whether this feels true, say “It is safe to let go of these feelings” and “It is safe to resolve my issues” out loud.

If you struggle to say those or, if doing so brings up discomfort, this is a sign you may hold the opposite beliefs (e.g. “It is dangerous to let go of these feelings”).

You can eliminate these using PSTEC Negative or the Belief Blasters – follow the separate and distinct protocols for these tools.

You may also hold beliefs like “I'm not authentic”, “I'm meant to suffer” or “Getting rid of this is unnatural.”

Please test these.

Also ask what the feelings are adding to you – do they give you a sense of certainty or connection with others? Do you feel that they protect you?

Really consider this. You know the answers already and it is simply a case of drawing those out.

If you are worried about revisiting painful memories, remind yourself that you are only visiting these. You are not re-living them. It is just like watching an old movie and YOU are the editor.

Then, using PSTEC Positive, you could layer in the suggestions referenced earlier:

“It is safe to let go of these feelings”
              “I am safe as I resolve these issues”

And the bonus:

“When I use the Click Tracks, I remember the cause of my problems”

Which beliefs have you run through the Belief Blasters?

Did you say the words of the belief out loud before running the track? Did they feel true?

If the beliefs were not emotionally causal or not feeding into a behavioural/emotional pattern, removing them would do very little. It may “budge” things a bit, but it would probably not pack the punch to soften the pattern and lead you to the KO.

For instance, if you felt sad and worked on the belief “I'm sad”, this is just arguing against your present emotional experience. You would be best CTing the sadness here; if, however, someone felt sad because their relationship has just ended, there would be beliefs feeding into this – perhaps “I'm helpless”, “Relationships don't work”, “I'll never find love again.”

This scenario is just an example, of course. If you are happy to share your story, I can be more specific. Feel free to email or PM me.

We aren't often conscious of our beliefs and it can take a bit of detective work  and patience. Keep practising.

Emotions are often more accessible, and you can immediately CT them. They leave clues.

A useful way to access a belief is “what would I have to believe about X (e.g. myself, that task, those people) to feel Y (e.g. sad, angry, uncomfortable)?”

Once you have identified a belief and tested it, you can ask “how do I know this is a problem?”

The answer will come to you, if you persist.

You may also wish to consider how holding a certain belief would impact someone (e.g. yourself).

If I told you that someone held a belief like “If I don't do things perfectly, people will reject me”, how do you think they would approach certain tasks?

This is just a brief way to conceptualise beliefs. Now, with that in mind, keep TRYING to believe it while running the Belief Blasters.

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Paul ?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.
              I took both yours and Brian's advice on board, which was excellent by the way.
              There was definite resistance there, I tried saying the statements out loud and it felt uncomfortable to do so. I went through the process and made it as bad as I could, and that it was dangerous to go there, I had more things boil up than before. I actually had a feeling of not wanting to change. Anyway, i felt a lot better about things afterwards, and could feel a load of improvement, but honestly I feel a little like im holding back again. I just feel uninterested in it all. Is my subconscious attempting to protect? I also found out that it wasn't just past trauma, but also an overall mudiness about feeling negative emotions completely. Like I don't want to feel negative or it's bad or something, but it feels under the surface or distant.

How do I resolve this? I really want to be more open to my emotions so I can visit a memory, click track it, and release the crap feelings behind it efficiently. I know this process works, boy does it work. I just feel as if I'm holding back a little and it's hindering my gains. I also get annoyed with myself because it becomes such hard work for me. Any advice is appreciated.

Ran the positive statements earlier. Will run them again tomorrow. I also really connected to the belief before running the belief blasters, and figured out much I really believed it and found them so far to be working better.

Thank you guys ?

Daniel Wynn
              PSTEC User

Also a few things you can do – CT each to a 1 or 0

Imagine the clicktracks absolutely do not work at all. Never will it, is impossible for it work and they will not help you at all.

Imagine you cannot be helped it is impossible and you will be in this bad state forever.

Imagine you are not allowed to ever show any emotions, it is not possible, you must absolutely hold it all in/back, stuff them all down, never ok to have, feel or display them.

Also as Paul said – Imagine it is absolutely extremely dangerous to show or feel any emotions and you must never do so.

Thanks Brian,

That worked amazing.
                Now this kind of ties into what I just wrote earlier, I feel as if I have fallen back a little. I am now finding it hard to imagine, I find it really frustrating. I just can't invest myself into, like it just doesn't want to happen. I tried to imagine that I would never be able to imagine, ever, and I managed to evoke a little panic inside but I am still having trouble really connected with my imagination. What do I do?

Thank You ?

Brian Tucker
                PSTEC User

Clearingman… What tracks do you have?

Take the current situation that you have outlined here, think about all of it while running the clicktracks and “get mad at it” PSTEC practitioner April Adams has an article that paints the picture of how to feel when you think of this here https://www.pstecregister.com/blog/why-arent-the-tools-working-47

Also just get angry that you are stuck and you are sick and tired of your life being like this you hate it etc as extreme as you can.

If you have the tapping accelerator start with that track. Listen to the relaxing accelerator every night at bedtime for a week. If you don't have the accelerators it would be suggested you get them.

Let us know how you get on.

Daniel Wynn
                  PSTEC User

Clearingman… What tracks do you have?

Take the current situation that you have outlined here, think about all of it while running the clicktracks and “get mad at it” PSTEC practitioner April Adams has an article that paints the picture of how to feel when you think of this here https://www.pstecregister.com/blog/why-arent-the-tools-working-47

Also just get angry that you are stuck and you are sick and tired of your life being like this you hate it etc as extreme as you can.

If you have the tapping accelerator start with that track. Listen to the relaxing accelerator every night at bedtime for a week. If you don't have the accelerators it would be suggested you get them.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi Brian,

I have all the core tools. Been working on it, definitely opening up a lot more, have been clearing some more stuff. I think the more stuff I clear out the more I am open to feeling my emotions.

I have been listening to accelerators every night before sleep too, that has helped a bit.

Thanks  :) 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.