BJJ/PSTEC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    psteckie
    PSTEC User

I practice BJJ and i would like to know how i can improve my performance? The main problem i have is that I cannot remember techniques in the heat of the moment. This is partly due to not drilling those techniques enough and having not committed them to muscle memory, but even some techniques which are well drilled do not come during sparring/competition. Also, I feel sometimes I lack awareness in my game and cannot see what the most “logical” option is… those with experience have this kind of understanding… how can i accelerate this “feeling” for the game using PSTEC? Obviously more training is one answer to my requests but i'm wondering if pstec can help too….?

vorith
      PSTEC User

Pardon but I see no new topic button. I lost the free tracks and attempted to re download that folder. But since I'm already a member it appears it won't resend the download link. Any chance of a “reset” or similar? Thanks

Jeff Harding
        PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Vorith… on the Free Basic Package with the Click Tracks, let’s actually make this easier on you…  When it comes to any free packages with PSTEC, you can always
          “order” a new one… no limits. :- )

So, visit the website again on this page…
          http://www.pstecaudiosource.org
          … click on the big red button and you will immediately be redirected to a new Delivery Page with fresh links.

[color=rgb(68, 68, 68)]The main problem i have is that I cannot remember techniques in the heat of the moment.[/color]
          Always begin by seeing if there are any emotions in the way … imagine not remembering … or maybe you have memories of not remembering the techniques… how does that feel?

Remember, if you feel non-JEEP (joy, enthusiasm, excitement, peace), CT it.  So, if you feel unpleasant about forgetting, CT it until it's 0-1.

Then, when you feel quite neutral about forgetting, craft PP Statements about remembering and performing, such as:

“When I step on the mat I easily remember my techniques”

“When I step on the mat I easily and quickly perform my techniques”

Remember, imagine your ideal scenario… practice it in your mind … and also describe that scenario and the characteristics you desire to BE in PP Statements and then continue using PP Tracks to “drill them into” your subconscious.

Another suggestion for this is Tim's Peak Performance Package… great package for shifting your mind for success for a specific endeavor.

Aloha!
          Jeff

Meghan Saunders
          PSTEC User

Hello psteckie – – – I wrote a reply to you last night but the computer ate it  :'(

I said similar things to Jeff and to your other post I replied to.

From things you wrote: 

• This is partly due to not drilling those techniques enough and having not committed them to muscle memory,

* but even some techniques which are well drilled do not come during sparring/competition.

Also, I feel sometimes I lack awareness in my game and cannot see what the most “logical” option is…

• [/list]

Essentially, these are beliefs. 

Follow Jeff's suggestions regarding clearings and then when you get neutral you can use the above list along with Jeff's comments to coin new pstec positive statements that counter balance these.

These ideas came to mind:

I am now gaining awareness in my game and can better see what the most “logical” option is

I now have acute awareness in my game and can always see the most “logical” option

You can also use them to increase your desire to drill your skillz so that you are more excited about doing them or finding the time to do them

I now enjoy drilling in my BJJ techniques and committing them to muscle memory
              I now have the time I need to master my BJJ skills and performance

When you use the non-tapping pstec positive track – try to imagine that you are already the best and what that feels like.  If during your journey you are taking a walk – imagine that 'that you' taking the walk is already a peak BJJ performer – – – connect with how great that feels, connect with the confidence…. connect with positive feelings while you are repeating your new positive statements.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.