Blasters with Positive: In Sequence or "Pooling"?

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters Blasters with Positive: In Sequence or "Pooling"?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    davidh
    PSTEC User

Hi Everyone –

I've been running Belief Blasters and much prefer the ease of it over Negative.

The approach I've been using is to blast a bunch of limiting beliefs with it (what I'm calling a “Pooled Approach”) then going to Positive Track 2, and installing in another pooled fashion positive beliefs. Sometimes all are related, sometimes not.

For instance I'll knock out in a Blaster session over an hour or more things like:

“I have been the type of person who has believed he isn't worthy of financial success”
      “I've been the type of person who hasn't believed he could've been successful in business”
      “I've believed I couldn't control my drinking when out with friends”

Then I'll move over to Positive and do statements like
      “I'm the type of person who knows he's worthy of wealth”
      “I'm financially successful in business”
      “I am in control of my drinking at all times”
      “I drink 2 drinks or less when out with friends”

The Sequenced Approach would be one Blaster session, then right over to Positive to install the supporting belief.

Any reason the Pooled Approach wouldn't work, or any downsides to it? Anyone done it Pooled like I'm describing here?

Thanks,
      David

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

For instance I'll knock out in a Blaster session over an hour or more things like:

“I have been the type of person who has believed he isn't worthy of financial success”
        “I've been the type of person who hasn't believed he could've been successful in business”

This is a great approach. Your belief statements, however, are not optimal and/or down to the root. I would suggest you read this post: http://pstecforum.com/pf/belief-blasters/reveal-your-biggest-negative-core-beliefs-one-diy-way-to-find-limiting-beliefs/msg3914/#msg3914

I haven't been worthy
        I haven't been worthy of success

I couldn't have been successful
        I haven't been successful
        I couldn't succeed in business

I haven't been in control
        I haven't been in control of myself
        I've been out of control
        I couldn't control my drinking
        I couldn't stop drinking
        I've been powerless
        I've been helpess
        I've been hopeless
        etc

Then I'll move over to Positive and do statements like
        “I'm the type of person who knows he's worthy of wealth”
        I'm worthy of wealth

I'm successful
        I'm successful in business
        I'm financially successful

“I am in control of my drinking at all times”
        I can control my drinking
        I'm in control of my drinking

“I drink 2 drinks or less when out with friends”

From now on I will drink two drinks or less
        When I am drinking with friends I can enjoy two drinks maximum
        I will stop at two drinks When I'm drinking with friends

The Sequenced Approach would be one Blaster session, then right over to Positive to install the supporting belief.

The above are some suggestions. You will want to look into the root cause of your drinking beliefs as they are tied to some other issue, perhaps shame, powerlessness or some other social/general anxiety related addiction issue.

I'm certain one of the other practitioners here who has experience with addiction/compulsion related beliefs can add similar advice. I used to be a drinker though all of that disappeared on it's own when I resolved the social and other issues that were at the root of it.

davidh
        PSTEC User

Great, glad to hear I can pool things together.

Think I've got it on the core belief issues, make simple as possible.

I believe the “I'm the type of person who…” comes from Maxwell Maltz and Psychocybernetics also “I see myself as the type of person that” as tied to self-image.

I was using it with Blasters and seemed to work fine, though I can see how simpler can be better. Worked well if I mouthed it fast for the longer statement.

I'll follow your lead here of course, you guys are the maestros. :)

Looks like it needs to be boiled down to the core, and then work it out to other areas. Something like:

Round 1: I haven't been successful
          Round 2: I haven't been successful in business
          Round 3: I haven't been successful in family relationships

That about right? Working from the core out into all areas as appropriate.

And for this one why is that too complex?

What it seems like you're doing is making it specific enough but not too much to think about for the subconscious.

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi David,

I appreciate you are in dialogue with Brian, so I hope you and Brian are okay with me adding my proverbial two cents.

“I'm financially successful in business” is structurally fine, but would be more readily-accepted by your subconscious mind if you do, in fact, perceive that to be true. If you already did, though, there probably be no benefit in affirming it.

It might be akin to affirming “I'm a human being.” If you already have it, you would not need to affirm you already have it. PSTEC Positive will help you layer in the suggestions and allow you to enjoy the journey.

There are different ways to break this down. What IS “financially successful” to you… in monetary terms? Success is subjective, of course, so I recommend being clear on what that is. If you are not there yet, this does not make you a failure in business or life. It is just one metric and a very transitory one at that (opinion!).

I would then suggest you work on any bad feelings you may have on not achieving your goals, or around money.

Then, if you are not achieving the financial goal at this time, layer in suggestions that are more readily-accepted and could “scaffold” you to where you want to be:

“I have what it takes to earn…..per month.”

“From today, I will take the necessary actions to work on my business.”

“Tomorrow, I will speak to (local businessperson).”

THAT kind of thing.

Take care of yourself.

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Brian Tucker
            PSTEC User

Top notch advice and appreciated as always, Paul. Thank you.

davidh
              PSTEC User

Ok thanks guys I'll roll with all that and see what happens. Already making good progress already!

bjdutch
                PSTEC User

Hi there,

I’m kind of in the same boat…trying to improve my financial situation. I’ve been stuck on this for awhile. I hate where I’m at right now and it can be very frustrating at times (crappy job, want more money etc.) I wish I could make more money, working less hours, and the process be less stressful along the way.

Any tips on how I would use belief blasters and pstec positive to tackle this?

I feel negative emotions about my current job, but also what gets me frustrated is that I have no clue on how to fix my current status and reach my end goal. I don’t know what to focus on when I run the click tracks.

I figure I’d have to imagine the steps I’d have to take to reach my goals but I don’t even know what those steps are…I just know I don’t like what situation now and want it to be different.

I know for pstec positive I have to be specific…for ex: “from now I will find ways to make $… easily.” “From now money making ideas will come to me.” Something like that?

I know I have to clear the negative emotions first which has been difficult…I just picture myself at work and focus on those feelings but haven’t been successful releasing my negative emotions/perceptions about work. Also I don’t know what to focus on when it comes to my goals all I know is that I’m frustrated that I don’t have a solution.

Any input would help!! Thank you!

Paul McCabe
                  PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi bjdutch,

Those are great questions too and you have inspired me to write in more detail about this. I will do that in the near future.

There are different ways to go about this: you can change your circumstances, or you can change how you feel about your circumstances. When you change how you feel about yourself, however, magic can happen.

Changing how you feel about your current circumstances does not mean that you would settle or be “disinclined” to seek change.

If you see life as a journey with “what I want to do” as a destination, “where I am now” (physically, emotionally, financially, spiritually etc.) is just a detour. If we miss the lessons or the scenery, we sometimes miss how enjoyable the journey can be.

What can be good about your current circumstances? What do you enjoy in your current job? Certainty? The income? Your co-workers?

In what ways could your “crappy job” end up being a good thing?  One way might be that you now know what you DON'T want to do. So, if money was not an issue and you could pursue what you wanted, what might that be?

If fear was not an issue and you only felt excitement, confidence and passion for your new pursuits, what would you pursue?

You can run the Click Tracks on the imagined outcome of leaving your job. Do any feelings crop up? Fear? Worry?

You can also Click Track the various aspects of your daily routine that might be annoying or upsetting you – pinpoint the stress. Things like “the journey to work”, “the predictable nature of work” or “a critical and unappreciative boss” MAY crop up.

Perhaps you feel a sense of disappointment that you perceive you are not doing what you “should” be doing at this stage of your life, or feel embarrassed that other people might be judging you harshly.

Clear everything negative that comes to mind. You do not have to feel bad to realise that a job or profession is no longer what you desire in your life.

What sort of beliefs have cropped up when working with Belief Blasters?

If nothing has come to mind, then you could ask “What might someone who dislikes their job but hasn't changed it believe about their self, money, life and work?” 

See what comes to mind, and blast away  ;)

Also, nearly everyone with whom I have ever spoken (and I) have, at one point or other, felt concern about being on the wrong “path.” You are not alone there.

Then, when you have cleared these emotions and blasted any beliefs you have found, I personally recommend layering in suggestions about real-world actions you can take. Examples of these might be:

“Tomorrow I will look for another job.”

“From today I will look for courses in…”

Please let us know how you get on and please update us on your progress.

Thanks again,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

bjdutch
                    PSTEC User

Thank you Paul for your input!

I’m gonna play around with this and I’ll keep you guys posted on my progress…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.