Can a child use it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MamaC
    PSTEC User

I have recently been introduced to PSTEC and I’m getting some positive results already.
      My son has to have an operation in a couple of weeks, something he has had previously which caused him an immense amount of anxiety.  He was terrified of being put to sleep.  The first attempt was aborted as he was so stressed, the second time he was heavily sedated but still experienced a lot of emotional trauma on the lead up to them putting him to sleep.

I wondered if I could use PSTEC to help his fear.  He will be 12 years old in 3 weeks.

Thank you in advance.

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi MamaC,

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry your son has been feeling so stressed about his operation. I appreciate it is very difficult to see your loved ones in distress.

I can confirm that PSTEC can absolutely be used by children, and is extremely effective. There are lots of case studies too, and PSTEC has been and is being used very successfully in schools with children as young as 6.

Our kids have used and do use the Click Tracks, and they work brilliantly on a variety of issues.

I recommend just talking your son through how to use the tracks, and ask him to focus on the operation (and being sedated) while running the CT.

Ask him the SUD before and after running the CT.

You could also demo how he can use the tracks – by tapping along yourself. Perhaps you could play the track out loud (no headphones) for the first time. Doing this also helps normalise working through these sorts of worries. Your son can then use the tracks for anything else which bothers him.

I hope this helps and that you also feel reassured.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.