Can the panic get worse before it gets better?

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Confused and Not Sure Where to Start Can the panic get worse before it gets better?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cinders
    PSTEC User

Hi,
      I have 2 very specific phobias that are very long seated. I had buried the feelings and was getting on with life-but since using the Pstec I have found my panic is much worse. it seems to have opened a flood gate. Is this normal?
      As I have CFs I find doing the click track mentally exhausting so I can only do it once a day.

Also I'm confused about concentrating on emotions. Is the actual physical feeling of panic what I focus on or is it the shame, embarrassment?

can you use Pstec to help with grief? i've lsot 2 parents in 2 years and am finding it difficult to cope.

Alot of questions I know!

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Cinders
        Without asking you more questions there is no real answer to this as we do not know the relationship between your phobias and the Panic.
        The more I do this the more I find there is no “normal” everyone is different. You are unique! Your problems and the solutions to them will also be unique. But opening flood gates to negative feelings does not sound good. Stopping the Click Tracks for the moment and having a re-think might be a plan.

There is a long 5hr Tutorial for Panic Attacks that explains different ways of using PSTEC tools for this problem. It is intended for therapists but if you want to proceed along the self help route then you might find it helpful.

However I do suggest before any more Click Tracking working with PSTEC Positive Xtra over a period of time to suggest to your subconscious that PSTEC can help you, to PSTEC will help you and PSTEC does help you. This before starting again with the Click Tracks. The whole process will work better not only if you expect it to, but know it will.

Re confusion. I suggest Click Tracking just the fear of getting Panic Attacks and that after the previous suggestion. Once this fear is reduced then perhaps start working more directly on what triggers the Attacks if you know what  the cause is.
        Click Tracking can be hard, so take it easy. Do not force yourself to do it. Every other day or two or three even. If you feel the need to maintain progress in between these sessions then I suggest using the PSTEC Accelerators on non CT days.
        Another thing you will find helpful on non CT days is the Free Wealth of Abundance this is a gentle way of finding more positive things in your life. Forgive me If I am wrong but given the loss of Parents and the debilitating nature of CF then you deserve every little bit of help you can get.
        If you do not have the Positives or Accelerators and cannot afford them then use the W of A instead.

Re Grief. Yes the Click Tracks can remove any emotion but in the case of bereavement of loved ones then I feel that your sense of loss is part of the love you had for them. Rather than lose some of that love, use it to commit to making the best of your life going forward. Concentrating on making the most of your own life is after all is all what they would rather you did, and to my mind the best way of honouring their lives. You have found PSTEC, you have found this forum, you are clearly already working towards this.

Please do ask more questions, we will do our best to answer them.
        Peter

oz
        PSTEC User

I had buried the feelings and was getting on with life-but since using the Pstec I have found my panic is much worse. it seems to have opened a flood gate. Is this normal?

Yeah, you have these emotions inside you, your subconsious knows negative feelings are painful so it tries to protect you by hiding the truth of the emotions. Unfortunately in hiding them it stops you dealing with them so they remain inside you doing damage. In running the click tracks it helps unlock the truth of the emotions, so it's a floodgate but long term it's a good thing because it means they can be dealt with and eliminated.

As I have CFs I find doing the click track mentally exhausting so I can only do it once a day.

Usually it takes around 4-5 run throughs to deal with a specific emotion linked to a memory. It is best to do 4-5 run throughs in a row and deal with one emotion. If you are only doing 1 run through that is not perfect. I'd recommend sticking with one emotion. So say you had emotions of shame, guilt and fear, 4 or 5 days in a row do one run through on shame. Then the next 4 or 5 days do one run through on guilt then 4 or 5 days on fear. That way you are only unlocking one emotion at a time.

Also, your sub feels the pain of facing the emotion while running the click track. So it may try to protect you by telling you that you are mentally exhausted so that you don't run the click track again. So you can imagine feeling mentally exhausted because of the click track, and then run the click track on that feeling of mental exhaustion.

When running the track and you start feeling exhaustion, take a positive attitude to it, try to believe that you can overcome it. Just like how a runner has to build up to running a marathon, you can experiment and try to push yourself and see if you can do more run throughs, try to see if you can increase your run throughs. Try to do 2 in a day, then push to 3 and then eventually to 4 or 5. You can use PStec positive to help the process too as recommended by Peter.

Also I'm confused about concentrating on emotions. Is the actual physical feeling of panic what I focus on or is it the shame, embarrassment?

You would eliminate them one by one. Pick the strongest emotion and deal with that in 4 or 5 run throughs and then move on to the next one. Over time you want to deal with all of them.

can you use Pstec to help with grief? i've lsot 2 parents in 2 years and am finding it difficult to cope.

In the case of grief, PStec can help. In a general sense, when it comes to loved ones you need to let go. Of course you don't want to let go, you don't want to sully their memory, you don't want to devalue that persons importance. Grieving people will have the thought “I want this person back in my life.” Of course if you don't get what you want that's a negative. You should replace this with the thought “I'd like to have this person back in my life.” or “I'd love to have this person back in my life.” There's a subtle difference. I'd love to be a photographer, teacher, actor, writer. All of those are wonderful things, but if I don't get them that's ok, they're still wonderful. Same, you can say “I'd love to have my parents back, I can't but that's ok, they're still wonderful, I can move on, I'm not downplaying the love I have for them so I don't need to feel guilt, I'm free to live my life happily and appreciate the things that I do have(friends, family, chocolate, hobbies, travelling, shoes, dreams etc that'll make my parents happy too :))”

Also, you can think of any normal happy memory of your parent, say you're talking or watching tv together. Anything, however mundane as long as it's happy. How do you feel? The correct thing is to feel happy because it's a happy memory. However because they are gone you probably feel a negative emotion intruding. You can focus on that negative emotion and run the click track to eliminate it. Be careful to only focus on the negative feeling and keep away from the positive. This is like polishing a dirty table and keeping it clean. These happy memories(which you have a lifetime of) can then become a source of strength rather than weakness.

Hope this helps.

cinders
          PSTEC User

Thank you so much for your replies. Lots for me tot ake in and digest. I have used the click track succesfully for recent panic when I hit a real low witht he grief. so I'm impressed that it has worked.
            I will carry on and investigate the links I've been sent. thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.