Cant stay focused when I listen to Tim.

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Miscellaneous and Other Topics Cant stay focused when I listen to Tim.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    johan forsberg
    PSTEC User

Hi.

I have been listening to the tracks ”wealth of abundance” and ”no more anxiety” for a while but when I listen I just cant stay focused. My mind starts wandering and I dont hear what Tim is saying. Sometimes I fall asleep.

Is my subconscious registrating what Tim says even if I think of other things or if I fall asleep?

I have also tried to clicktrack the lack of focus for a couple of weeks and I cant see that it is getting better. I used the 2015 and the eefs and bb.

I could not stay focused
      My brain was bad
      My focus was bad
      My brain could not focus
      I could not focus
      I was always unfocused

Is the click tracks the right tool to use or are there any other tools that are better for this issue?
      When I use the click tracks for focus I have a hard time to stay focused even there…

/Johan

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Johan,

Thank you for your message. I apologise for the delay in getting back to you.

I can confirm that, with the tracks you referenced, you will get considerably more benefit by focusing consciously on what Tim is saying.

You don't have to be perfect but, if you ever notice your mind is wandering, just re-engage your focus as intently as you can.

If you find that is still difficult, it could transpire that your subconscious has devised a distraction strategy.

Your subsconscious is said to always be “on record mode”, but most of Tim's tracks require active engagement.

This thread will hopefully prove helpful:

http://pstecforum.com/pf/miscellaneous-and-other-topics/falling-asleep/

You can use the Positive tracks to layer in suggestions that can significantly enhance your focus.

For example, “When I listen to Tim's words, I remain completely focused” could be run through PQT.

Furthermore, I recommend using the tracks when you feel you are best-equipped to focus – when you are less likely to be interrupted and when you are in a wakeful state (as opposed to when you are very tired).

Also, you cited some beliefs. Click Tracks work on emotions, and you could CT how you feel when you find yourself unable to focus well. Beliefs are best eliminated using either PSTEC Negative or the Belief Blasters:

Belief Blasters (http://bit.ly/beliefblasters)
        PSTEC Negative (http://bit.ly/pstecnegative)

Moreover, I would recommend looking at more causal beliefs (e.g. what might actually be getting in the way of you focusing on the tracks). Some of the beliefs you cited are just describing what you have experienced. It tends to be best to get to the cause of the experience and also beliefs about the future. For example:

“It was not safe to let go of all the pain”
        “I was never going to be able to focus”
        “I didn't have what it took to concentrate”

This is by no means an exhaustive list, so please give this a go and then we can add to the suggestions later (if still required).

Please let us know how you get on, Johan.

All the best,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

johan forsberg
        PSTEC User

Thank you for your answer Paul :)

I have started doing BB on the three you gave me:

“It was not safe to let go of all the pain”
          “I was never going to be able to focus”
          “I didn't have what it took to concentrate”

Maybe I could have use for a few more if you got any left :)
          Also a question about the first one. I dont really understand pain.. can there be some kind of pain blocking my ability to focus.

I have also purchased the PQT and will start to use that in a couple of days. I get back and let you know about the results.

Thanks again, Johan

Paul McCabe

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your follow-up post.

Please keep us updated.

My sincere apologies, as I missed your question:

Maybe I could have use for a few more if you got any left :)
            Also a question about the first one. I dont really understand pain.. can there be some kind of pain blocking my ability to focus.

There could be some pain you have associated with focusing. Therefore, not focusing or not allowing yourself to feel could be a strategy.

Try these additional BBs to see if they resonate:

“Focusing on the pain was dangerous”
            “I had to avoid my bad feelings”
            “Focusing was beyond me”
            “It was not OK to let go of bad feelings”

Hope this is helpful, Johan

Again, please update the thread with your progress and any additional questions.

Paul  :)

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

johan forsberg
            PSTEC User

Hi Paul

It has been more than 3 months since last post and my ability to stay focused has not improved. I tried the BBs that you suggested. In November I got sick so I had hardly done any PSTEC since then but now it is time again  🙂  What do you think… could there be another way to go for improving my focus or am I a hopeless case?  🙂

Thanks, Johan

Paul McCabe

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your message.

I apologise for the late reply.

I just saw this now, as the forum has been migrated and was thus inaccessible.

With regards to your with focusing on the tracks, it is absolutely not unusual. Some people fall asleep when listening to hypnosis tracks, and others have reported that they find it difficult to focus on the Click Tracks.

So, no, you are absolutely not a lost cause – in any way, shape or form.

In practical terms, please use the tracks when you are MORE focused (and less likely to be distracted) and try hard to focus consciously on what you have to do during the track.

If you find that focus is a problem, in general, you could also look at dietary and lifestyle choices. For instance, are you getting quality sleep and nutrition?

A deficiency will impact concentration and focus.

If you are having a problem focusing on cognitive tasks, I have personally found that certain brainwave entrainment tracks can prove highly beneficial. Please email me if you would like any recommendations.

I hope this is helpful, Johan.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Brian Tucker
                PSTEC User

Two really great positive suggestions that will help anyone using PSTEC in a very big way.

I will accept Tim’s suggestions as being 100% true because they will help me

I will focus on what Tim says because it’s important and makes sense

Putting them each in 3 or so times each with PQT really will work wonders.

johan forsberg
                  PSTEC User

Thanks Paul. I will send you that email and thanks Brian. I will try the two with PQT as you suggested  🙂  🙂  /Great, Johan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.