Cascade release for stuttering?

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Cascade Release Cascade release for stuttering?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Harrison Munachi
    PSTEC User

Hi

I have been a user of the PSTEC click tracks for quite a while now, and have had mixed amounts of success with it in relation to tackling some of the social anxiety issues i have been dealing with for quite a while now. However, i cannot seem to achieve any success with dealing with the stuttering issue that i have. I am not a sever stutterer by any means but i do suffer from a lot of speech anxiety as well as anticipatory anxiety which seems to make the stuttering a lot worse. I have recently found myself having to avoid speaking situations in order to avoid stuttering.
      I have recently purchased the Cascade release system and heard in the tutorial that Tim devised the tool after dealing with a stutterer. I have used it 3 times so far and it hasn't helped with my stuttering. Can you possibly suggest any methods i can utilize for better results perhaps.

Thank you.

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Hmunachi

Cascade Release works best when you can clearly remember a time before the problem started. IMO this helps with the time shift, sort of gives your subconscious a clearer picture of what you want as opposed to what you do not want. You have to really “buy in” to the time shift and imagine it working. If you have any doubts or worse feeling critical and sort of standing outside looking in and expecting the process to work some miracle and change you, then this is unhelpful.

More on your other post
        Peter

Sally Baker
        PSTEC User

Hi Hmunachi I do not use PSTEC cascade release unless I have successfully cleared the issue I'm working with first with other PSTEC click tracks. Cascade release works a little like PSTEC positive in as much as it emphasises feeling and thinking differently about an issue that one Successfully resolved.

Harrison Munachi
          PSTEC User

Hi Sally,

I am getting slightly confused with how to go about using the Cascade release in the sense that i thought you were meant to visualize a time before you noticed the issue (stuttering) whilst tapping along with Tim's voice, but in the Cascade release track Tim suggests to think of the feeling and anxiety associated with the issue whilst tapping. I'm i doing it wrong? because what i do with the Cascade release track i think about the worse possible situation and result of my stutter. Is this wrong?

Peter Bunyan
            PSTEC User

Hi Hmunachi

Your subconscious knows the origin of your issues even if you cannot consciously recall it. So having just listened again to the CR tutorial, here are a few thoughts:
              Focus on the feelings of anxiety that precede the stutter while tapping along with the CR. More recent occurrences that produce embarrassment try Click Tracking first. In fact Click Track any negative feelings from any past situations stutter related or not, first.
              The technique of building a worst case scenario to Click Track is not one to use for CR as the scenario is already in the future so IMO a more difficult a thing to post further forward into the future.
              PSTEC products work best is you accept and go along with Tim's voice and suggestions. If you find yourself being critical or trying to analyse what is going on at the same time then they will be less effective. Even if you do not think they will work it is better to suspend belief for a while and see if it works afterwards. A bit like watching a movie, you know that it is not real but you can let go and get involved emotionally with the story, Get frightened with a horror film or excited in an action scene, surprised or even go all sentimental with a romance. The emotion is in the moment or until the climax of the story, not after the film as finished because it is after all just entertainment. Investing a lot of emotion into the outcome, a sort of desperation that it has to work, it's got to work, is also counter productive. Absolute faith that it will work is best but not so easy to come by.

Hope this helps
              Peter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.