Confused about installing beliefs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Harding
    PSTEC User

Hi, I’ve been having wonderful results with PSTEC and have been growing increasingly excited about this process as I’ve been going along.  I've become hung up on one thing, however, with regard to the Easy Way audios and PSTEC positive, and was hoping someone could clarify it for me.

There’s a concept in the Easy Way audios that I’ve listened to repeatedly (feeling like it ought to be something obvious to understand, but I’m just not getting it!!).  According to the audios, in order to instill positive beliefs, you first start with the possibility, then the expectation, then you go into the I cans, I dos, and I ams.  I’m okay on all of that (for the most part), except for the expectation.  I was hoping someone could give me an example of an affirmation that would instill expectation.  Would it just be something like — “I expect to lose weight…”? If it is, I guess it doesn’t make sense to me that the 'expectation' would go before the 'I cans.'  Wouldn’t I need to believe I can accomplish something before I expected it to happen?  To me, the sequence doesn’t make sense, or maybe I’m just misunderstanding this completely.  Any help would be much appreciated (including any examples of affirmations!). 

Thanks!

Maryam

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Maryam,

Thanks for writing.

On a recent post from Boe, there was a similar issue that is getting in the way… the issue of thinking.

This work is simple and easy in Reality.  It does not require analytical skills, clear deductive reasoning or even experience in muscle testing or biofeedback.  In fact, those approaches with PSTEC could just get in the way.

Tim will usually even discourage “thinking” in terms of trying to figure it out.  As a matter of fact, the purpose and one of the greatest benefits of PSTEC is the Bypass of the Critical Factor and the conscious mind.

“Be as a child” can be helpful because you are doing work (play?) here with with the subconscious that is very childlike… so, it behooves us to get down on the floor and communicate on the child's level in order to form a harmonious bond.

Make sense?

So, do your best to let go and not analyze too much… go with your feelings…
        “Use the force, Luke!”  Ok, sorry about that… :- )

But, let me address your question specifically because there are some good points here for you and others…

• I call what you are referring to in The Easy Way as the “Possibility Scale” (Scale)… mainly because it starts with possibility.  This is a scale and not necessarily a process.  What it offers are suggestions for wording to your Positive Statements (PS) that you are using with PSTEC Positive (PP).  You don't necessarily have to go through all the levels that Tim mentions.
        • When you craft your PS, you want to be sure it FEELS possible… that it feels as if it could be reality for you.

So, if you are using the top of the Scale as in “I AM” and you feel that is not even remotely possible, then move down the Scale and find another word or phrase that will make your PS feel possible in your BEing.  So, you might try “I Can” or “I Will” … or if those are not really FEELING as if they resonate as Reality in your imagination, then use “I Expect” or “It's Possible” because you can FEEL how “It's Possible” is much “easier” than “I AM” for something that is not in the realm of Reality according to your mind model.

• So, the Scale is to help you find wording and works for you to begin suggesting to the subconscious this desire you have with as little resistance as possible.
        • [/list]Let's look at the example you mentioned, “I expect to lose weight.”

First of all, that would need some revision.  If will not be effective to express the desire in a negative way… too many potential pitfalls because when you look at that statement, what is the point of focus?  The excess weight and losing it.  Review the tutorials in The Easy Way as well as Success and PSTEC Positive for how to craft a PS.

So, a better statement would revolve around the vision of say someone that weights 200 pounds and wants to get to 150 pounds… a possible statement would be, “I am excited and comfortable at being 150 pounds.”  Notice the “I AM” in that statement.  Now, the “I AM” may be out of the realm of reality for this person, so we would look at changing the wording use the Scale and try “I expect to be excited and comfortable at being 150 pounds.”  Notice that statement as not being as bold as the first one, right?  So, therefore, it will meet less resistance from the subconscious.  If that is too far from Reality as well, this person might try starting with, “It's possible for me to be exited and comfortable at being 150 pounds.”

Again, a little softer than the second example.

Also, this is not some standard statement that EVERYONE should use… play with the wording and find what works FOR YOU.  Be creative and open… use your conscious mind to take the time and discover what is harmonious for your entire BEing.

Do not fret too much over definitions as defined by society either, because, yes, some may find “Expect” more or less possible than “I Can.”  It really does not matter… what matters is that YOU discover the wording that resonates… that FEELS… “right” to YOU.  In the case of PP work it truly and righfully is all about YOU.  :- )

If you are still stuck on the meanings take a look at the following from an online dictionary…

Can – “know how to”… “be physically or mentally able to”

Expect – “to anticipate or look forward to the coming or occurrence of”

So, which one is stronger or more sure?  Well, “Can” seems to involve the personal ability to while “Expect” involves just the expectation by any means, not necessarily by your personal means.

Then again, one might call it semantics and people have debated and even warred over lesser issues, right?

Here is what is important and the only thing that is important when it comes to your personal work here… what does it mean to YOU and use the words, meanings, feelings and thoughts that help YOU become empowered!

Aloha!

Jeff

Jeff Harding
        PSTEC User

Thank you for the reply Jeff.

After reading your post, I started using PSTEC positive again just going with the statements that felt right for me (instead of what I think I'm supposed to be doing), and I had a great start.  I think I get so caught up in trying to do it the 'right' way that I stop trusting that I already know what to do, that I already know what statements to use based on how they resonate with me. 

The scale isn't meant to be used as a rigid script, but rather as a guide to let me know where I am and where it would probably serve for me to go next.

Thanks for the reminder that there's no one way to do this and that it's important to go with what feels the best for me (and that my mind can rest easy from trying to figure out the confusing 'problems' — 'problems' which it often creates to begin with!!).

Maryam

Jeff Harding

Hi Maryam,

Ah, well said and so much more succinct that I am… hhhhhhmmmmm … I  believe having you share your perspectives on this forum would be very, very welcome, indeed!

Excellent work… wonderful articulation too!!

Yep, keep it simple, sweetheart and continue practicing trust… hey, ya never know, it just might become a habit.  :- )

Aloha!

Jeff

Jeff Harding
            PSTEC User

Hi Jeff,

Regarding using a statement that is believable, do you think the sub would be just as or even more responsive to questions, or even better, questions with embedded presuppositions? The guy who came up with the idea of “afformations” reckons that when the sub is given a question it will start looking for/create ways to answer it,  and treats the presupposition as fact because its primary imperative is to answer the question. It makes me think this could be a booster for the click tracks.

So, for eg, instead of saying “I am now confident”, the question would be “How is it I am now so confident?”, the presupp being “I am now so confident”.

Also, in a similar vein, using metaphors. For eg, I used a metaphor with a PP click and found it was giving me stronger positive feelings than thinking about the actual people involved in the issue. I had converted each person to a metaphorical representation of them.

Ideas/thoughts?

Boe

Jeff Harding

Hi Boe,

Well, it depends upon the presupposition.  If your sub is running on a mind model that says there is absolutely no way to be confident with emotional experiences as well as beliefs and behaviors (covering all bases there) and you start making some suggestions or Positive Statements that are contrary, then they will just be ignored.  It will take a long, long time to make that change just by using affirmations, afformations or whatever-ations.

Ah, metaphors are excellent, in fact, the sub uses symbols, metaphors and then very, very literal representations to communicate.  That's one reason using feelings is much easier for us… because, quite often, the sub is communicating with messages that are so literal that consciously is makes no sense whatsoever… in other words, it's literal, but not logical at all.

Now, this is part… maybe large part… because consciously we are TERRIBLE at listening to the sub… actually, listening at all, except for our own mind model.  So, it's a matter of practice and new behaviors and beliefs to become excellent at listening to the sub so that we can work in harmony with it… so that we are operating on ONE perception rather than two different perceptions… or worse, two completely different perceptions.

Aloha!

Jeff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.