Confusion on a certain belief..

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters Confusion on a certain belief..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin
    PSTEC User

Hi guys,
                I'm about to use the belief blaster for the first time. The belief I was going to do is a little complex and i'm not sure how i'd break it down. I found this belief through doing Inner Bonding which is another method i'm using.

It's related to a past truama that i've done alot of work on, including some with normal PSTEC today after not doing it for ages. I discovered it today when I got a sore and blurry head which was pretty bad in the past and I realized it was connected to truama.. as it's got better as i've done different methods to heal it and it's directly come up doing Trauma Release Exercises a physical method to release trauma from the body. There's still some remaining that keeps causing me issues.

The belief is ““I have to protect myself with fear otherwise I might die or get seriously hurt.”

So that breaks down to “I have to protect myself with fear” “I might die” “I might get seriously hurt”. I can see the split.

But what is confusing is the last 2 beliefs now have no context or connection to the fear so I can't see how it would help.

Am I just thinking too much and I should just work on those 3 beliefs? Or should I be looking at it another way?

For now i'll try it on “I have to protect myself with fear” and wait to do the other 2 when I get a reply.

Benjamin
      PSTEC User

I might be confused with this too.

I did “I have had to protect myself with fear”.

And “I have not been attractive to girls”.

I wasn't sure if that was the correct past tense, whether it should have been “I had not been attractive to girls”.

I have noticed subtle shifts in thinking by the end of the audio. But the test is in the world in the next few days. I can't say I feel hugely different.

Brian Tucker
        PSTEC User

Hi guys,

The belief is ““I have to protect myself with fear otherwise I might die or get seriously hurt.”

For certain do these:
          I had to protect myself
          I was going to die
          I was going to get seriously hurt

Optional:
          To reinforce give a go on a 10 min track each “I thought I was going to die” (or I thought I might die) and “I thought I was going to get hurt” (or I thought I might get hurt) and I suggest these because they are things people commonly say “OMG I thought I was going to die!” :)

You can replace “was” with “I've been” but it seemed clumsy wording to me. Do whatever feels normal to you.

And “I have not been attractive to girls”.

I haven't been attractive

Also when you do them make sure all of the words and feelings get “down to a point” you may need to run a second one or just the long 18 minute version. I really like that one it has some extra (and powerful) suggestions in it. Especially on what was a complex belief.

Paul McCabe
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for posting.

As Brian noted…

Two other points too:

1) Eliminating a belief does not necessarily result in a huge emotional release. It certainly can produce this effect, and some people may feel jubilant after eliminating a belief – especially one that has had a big bearing on their life. For other people, it may take some time for the changes to become apparent. This will vary, based on the belief and the individual.

As numerous beliefs can be linked to an emotional or behavioural pattern, it may require at least a few beliefs and emotional conditionings to be eliminated for the changes to become part of your conscious awareness.

2) Some beliefs can describe your experience, while others feed into it to a larger degree than usual. I think eliminating “I have had to protect myself with fear” would do something positive to your experience, but it might also describe what is happening on a subconscious level. In other words, protecting yourself with fear might well be a consequence of holding other beliefs.

You can, of course, experiment. I am very confident you will get a positive outcome.

What might you believe to feel that you are having to protect yourself with fear? Do you feel any emotions (e.g. shame, embarrassment) about having the trauma in the first place? What specific changes are you afraid to make and what do you believe about the consequence of those changes?

You can also ask the following (to help bring up other beliefs)

–  “How do I know I'm…. “not attractive to girls”, “not safe” etc.?”

Wait and see if any thoughts pop up. Things like “Girls aren't interested in what I have to say” or “I'm not safe in this world” would be examples of supporting beliefs. Also, if you had a core belief like “I'm not attractive”, it would likely feed into the pattern. Thinking about your current experiences of life, does that make sense?

– “Why is being attractive to girls important to me?”
            See if any thoughts crop up – perhaps the core belief I mentioned will crop up. You can also run memories and imagined scenarios where you have perceived you are “not attractive to girls” through the Click Tracks.

No doubt other thoughts will crop up, and now you can confidently “blast” these away.

Also, when following the Belief Blaster instructions, go for ANY variation of the past tense that resonates with you. Once you target the beliefs and then move them into the past, I expect you will notice some truly profound shifts in your life.

Thanks again for posting and please keep everyone updated on how you progress with this.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Benjamin
            PSTEC User

Thanks guys, i'll do a few more at some stage.

Though today i'm feeling worse. Went to the gym and where lately i've felt better around girls today I was getting really angry that she wasn't paying attention to me or finding me attractive. That seems to be some weird contradiction.. and I was getting really angry like “WTF am I doing all this work for, going to the gym, etc and not even this kind of fat girl is paying me attention.”

I kind of feel like having the 'not' in it might have been bad.

I'll explore to see what else might be behind it. I did see at the end of the audio the way I was thinking seemed to have shifted.. but then today it just felt worse like I had the “I'm not attractive” belief even worse.

Today it's basically “I'll never be attractive” so it feels like having the 'not' in there got rid of any belief that I might be attractive and made it much worse so i'm hesitant to do the process at all again.

Paul McCabe
              PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for posting.

Even though you had a bad experience at the gym, this just shows an area you can address.

Did you get a chance to go through those suggestions before today, or is that still to be done?

Beliefs like “I will never be attractive” are built on a model of “I'm not attractive.”

I am not saying that there is not a human need (to some degree) to be well-regarded by others, but the balance is key. If you regard yourself positively, you are unlikely to require quite as much as external approval so, when you do get it, it will just be a nice little bonus. You will not link your sense of self to how someone perceives you.

“Some will, some won't. So what? Next!”

The Click Tracks on their own can help you eliminate these patterns. Magic can happen when you are not attached to an outcome and feel good about yourself and life by default.

Also, “being attractive” is an entirely subjective matter and the criteria you use to determine whether someone is attracted to you  (e.g. making eye contact, smiling) might not be followed by other people. To put it another way, is it possible that someone could be attracted to a person and not make their feelings “obvious”?

Even if you objectively knew (to the extent that this is possible) that someone was not attracted to you, it does not mean they would never be attracted to you or that everyone would feel the same.

Please let us know how you get on with this, Benjamin.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Tom
                PSTEC User

Hi Benjamin,

if I got it right, the issues are that you didn't trigger the desired reaction and there were uncomfortable feelings as a result.

Why not tackling those directly, maybe with the 18 mins track?

“I couldn't have triggered evident attraction”

“I couldn't have been detached from the outcome”.

Hope this helps (I'll run those too :D), all the best and let us know!

Tom

Brian Tucker
                  PSTEC User

What you are really saying is “women haven't been interested in me” “nobody wanted me” and “I haven't been interesting” “I haven't been important” and “I haven't been attractive” “I haven't been wanted” start by running the tracks on those and it will likely prompt you to realize some more beliefs around that subject area.

The reality here is that others are not rejecting you, you are rejecting yourself and subconsciously creating scenarios where you set yourself up for rejection. You will need to look take a look at your overall self-rejection and fear of rejection beliefs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.