CR Questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SargeMaximus
    PSTEC User

Hey! So I got CR and just used it just now. I'm a bit confused as to how to use it, and how NOT to use it.

First off I'll say how I used it:

I used the voice clip 1 for 6:07 seconds before my hand hit my lap. I then shut it off and came on here, not sure what else to do.

I also focused vaguely on a situation I was in that brought up some feelings I had no idea where they were coming from (what the cause was). I'm mostly using CR as a “cause eliminator”, is that the right application of it and have I used it correctly?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also another thing I was wondering is regards to memories. From what I understand, CR on an issue causes the sub to collect all relevant experiences that led to the issue. Now, what about CR on a memory that was near the start of the issue?

I have an issue and know for certain that one of my memories contributed heavily to it but am not sure how. I've done CT on this memory a few times but still have the issue. Would it be beneficial to CR on THAT memory, or, in the case of CR, is it best to find the issue's manifestation as close to the present as possible?

Thanks again.

SargeMaximus
      PSTEC User

Hey quick update here:

So I've been using CR the following way:

– Use Clip 1 on the event/emotion
        – Use Clip 2 without focusing on anything

I've found that if I focus on something during clip 2, it doesn't resolve the issue as well as if you do it this way, but still, I want to do it Tim's way, so let me know if this is right.

Also, I'm wondering if using CR while IN a triggering situation is a good idea. For example, I have a fear of aliens I've had since I can remember (3 or 4 years old). I've got a few movies with aliens in them that freak me out (why do we like scaring ourselves, anyways? lol) and I'm wondering if I could watch the movie WHILE using CR at the trigger moments.

Is this a good idea?

Let me know, thanks!

Jeff Harding
        PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hey Sarge…

I used the voice clip 1 for 6:07 seconds before my hand hit my lap. I then shut it of
          Continue with the track until the end no matter when your hand reaches the bottom, but remember to try hard to keep it up and move it slowly… just try and keep it up.

I also focused vaguely on a situation I was in that brought up some feelings I had no idea where they were coming from (what the cause was). I'm mostly using CR as a “cause eliminator”, is that the right application of it and have I used it correctly?
          You ought to be focusing on the issue as you see it today, not necessarily on a specific situation or memory.  If you have a specific memory that has emotional intensity, then use the Click Tracks or EEF's for those.

Also another thing I was wondering is regards to memories. From what I understand, CR on an issue causes the sub to collect all relevant experiences that led to the issue. Now, what about CR on a memory that was near the start of the issue?
          Yes, the sub will move those per instructions far in to the future and then into the trash can.  If you have a specific memory that you are conscious of and the emotional intensity, then CT that or use the EEF.

I have an issue and know for certain that one of my memories contributed heavily to it but am not sure how. I've done CT on this memory a few times but still have the issue. Would it be beneficial to CR on THAT memory, or, in the case of CR, is it best to find the issue's manifestation as close to the present as possible?
          Don't worry how the memory affects your current state… it's does not matter why it only matters that you identify those memories and emotions and then target them with the CT/EEF.  Remember, this is not intellectual work, so, again, don't worry about “why” because the sub is often quite illogical.

Use Clip 2 without focusing on anything
          If you don't focus on any issue, then the subconscious will not know what to target… will not know what Tim is talking about in terms of the shifts.

Also, I'm wondering if using CR while IN a triggering situation is a good idea. For example, I have a fear of aliens I've had since I can remember (3 or 4 years old). I've got a few movies with aliens in them that freak me out (why do we like scaring ourselves, anyways? lol) and I'm wondering if I could watch the movie WHILE using CR at the trigger moments.
          I would not do this because it takes away from proper concentration.

If you discover a trigger, let's say a  movie as you said, then imagine watching the movie and TRY HARD to feel the unpleasant feeling while using the CT/EEF.

Aloha!
          Jeff

SargeMaximus
          PSTEC User

Ok, I'm a bit confused so bear with me:

First of all, the issues I have are memories (in that I remember feeling a certain way after going out) BUT I don't know WHY I'm feeling that way or what is causing it. Basically what happens is I go out, lets say to the store. I'm working on approaching girls now, so I do that. While doing that, some unpleasant feeling comes up and I stop talking to her. I don't know why, I just do! So, when I get home, I use CR on that instance, hoping it will find the causal events and “fix them up” for me as well.

Isn't that what the CR is for?

I guess a better question is: what is CR for and how do I use it? The instructions aren't very clear. Tim mentions targeting the “problem” (but even something like debt is a problem!) or the feeling.

From the answers you gave me, it seems that the EEFs/CT are better suited for feelings, so what, then, do you target with the CR?

Hope that makes sense, and thanks for your continued help.

Jeff Harding

Hey Sarge…

Let's define terms more specifically that will help us communicate more effectively about this…

The “issue” would be what the problem is… for example: I get nervous and can't talk to women.  That is the issue.

The “memories” or also “imagined events” are specific experiences in your mind; we refer to memories (usually) when they are past and refer to imagined events to those we imagine that will occur in the future (although imagine events can also apply to the past.  Important point is that the subconscious does not really know the difference in terms of “effect” of memories vs. imagined events.  So, in doing PSTEC, treat them basically in the same manner.

First of all, the issues I have are memories (in that I remember feeling a certain way after going out) BUT I don't know WHY I'm feeling that way or what is causing it.

*** IMPORTANT ***
              As I mentioned in the last post; do not worry about “Why.”

In your example, simple remember that moment, rate the feeling as it feels NOW about the memory as if you are “there again,” then TRY HARD to feel the feeling while running the CT/EEF.

I go out, lets say to the store. I'm working on approaching girls now, so I do that. While doing that, some unpleasant feeling comes up and I stop talking to her. I don't know why, I just do! So, when I get home, I use CR on that instance, hoping it will find the causal events and “fix them up” for me as well.

Now, with this, use the imagined event in the same process as I described above using the CT/EEF.  You see?  targeting memories and imagined events that have an emotional charge are done in the same fashion using the CT/EEF.

As you do this, memories may arise as well.  DO NOT question them, judge them, analyze them or deem them unimportant/not relevant, etc.  Just take that memory, TRY HARD to feel the feeling and CT it!

Isn't that what the CR is for?
              I guess a better question is: what is CR for and how do I use it? The instructions aren't very clear. Tim mentions targeting the “problem” (but even something like debt is a problem!) or the feeling.
              From the answers you gave me, it seems that the EEFs/CT are better suited for feelings, so what, then, do you target with the CR?

Again, the problem is more the statement of the issue in a more global way within your mind.  So, with CR, follow the instructions and focus on the problem, let's say approaching women and on the feeling that it invokes when you think about having that problem… i.e. nervous, fearful, etc.

CR as well as the CT's and EEF's are all used to release emotions but in different ways.

* If you have specific memories that invoke unpleasant emotions, then CT them.
              * If you have a problem that invokes unpleasant emotions but it's “too large” where you can't pinpoint specific memories as the cause, then go with CR (that's one application).

When you use CR, specific memories may arise as well and if they have unpleasant emotions, then CT/EEF them.

Using CR does not preclude the use of the CT's or EEF's.

Make more sense?
              Aloha!
              Jeff

SargeMaximus
              PSTEC User

Kind of makes more sense Jeff, lemme run it past you once more and you can tell me if I got it right:

So, you said:

“* If you have specific memories that invoke unpleasant emotions, then CT them.
                * If you have a problem that invokes unpleasant emotions but it's “too large” where you can't pinpoint specific memories as the cause, then go with CR (that's one application).”

In my mind, everything would use the CT/EEFs because everything is a memory unless it's being experienced NOW, is that right?

So, if I'm at home CT on some memories of an interaction I just had, I'd use EEFs. If, however, I'm at home and I'm feeling anxiety for no apparent reason, then I use the CR, is that right?

Finally, if I'm feeling that SAME anxiety, but wait till later to work on it and no longer feel it, I would once again use the EEFs on the memory of the anxiety.

That's how I see what you're saying.

Jeff Harding

Keep in mind … don't over think this … KISS; keep it simple sweethearts!

Think about PSTEC work in terms of fundamentals:

* If you feel unpleasant, CT/EEF that.
                  * If you have limiting beliefs, erase them with PSTEC Negative
                  * If you don't have empowering beliefs, suggest them with PSTEC Positive.

In my mind, everything would use the CT/EEFs because everything is a memory unless it's being experienced NOW, is that right?

The emotions are associated, usually, with memories/imagined events.  But a belief may not be so not “everything.”

When you feel non-JEEP feelings and a memory/imagined event comes up with it, CT it! (When I say “CT it” that also means you can use the EEF's or even the Accelerator Tapping Tracks (ATT).

if I'm at home CT on some memories of an interaction I just had, I'd use EEFs. If, however, I'm at home and I'm feeling anxiety for no apparent reason, then I use the CR, is that right?

Not necessarily … let's say you feel anxiety, begin to look at the memories of feeling anxious and CT those.  There is a separate set of instructions for anxiety in the Free Basic Package; be sure to review this.

Another approach with non-JEEP feelings is to ask when you last felt similarly… and before that… and before that … and when was the first time you remember feeling that way?  You see?  Ask the questions of your mind… your subconscious … and the memories that are “important” to the subconscious will be revealed and you can then CT those memories.

Also, use of the Accelerators will increase the recall of memories, feelings, thoughts and the source of the issues.

if I'm feeling that SAME anxiety, but wait till later to work on it and no longer feel it, I would once again use the EEFs on the memory of the anxiety.

***IMPORTANT***
                  You do not have to FEEL the feeling when running the CT's.  Feel the feeling is NOT  part of Tim's instructions.  He says, specifically, to TRY HARD to feel the feeling… big difference.

You are not CT'ing the memory of the feeling… you are CT'ing the memory and the associated feeling that comes when the memory is recalled.  You see the difference?
                  You are not CT'ing how you felt back when the memory occurred.  You are CT'ing how you feel NOW when you recall the memory.  TRY HARD to get upset about whatever memory comes up and CT it.  When you're done, rate the intensity again.

If you claim you no longer feel any emotional upset about the memory, either it's clear and not an issue any longer (not likely if it bothered you yesterday and today you say it does not bother you… not likely, but possible) or perhaps your mind is denying, rationalizing, “forgetting” the emotional intensity.  Again, use of the Accelerators can help to resolve those types of issues that keep the “junk” buried and hidden.

Aloha!
                  Jeff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.