Crafting an effective statement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andres Leon
    PSTEC User

Hello, how is everyone here? :D
      I used to come here looking for help and guidance when traditional talk therapy wasnt working or helping me not harm myself (honestly, does talk therapy works at all? ???). You guys were very helpful and pstec did help me get out of that dark place. Even though, I still have ups and downs and im still searching for myself and happyness, Im now much more human, I dont fear pain anymore because things like Pstec,shadow work,emdr have made me face it face to face and im very grateful to all of you for this, I really am.

I gotta say that I just got pstec positive to change from doing so much shadow work to now a more light,positive approach and I would like some guidance, just to see if my statements
      Are efficient enough.

1.I am very confident in myself and women notice it(I was wondering if saying “I am very confident in myself everytime I go out and women love me” would  restrict me to being confident only when im outside my house.)

2.I take care of myself physically,spiritually and emotionally.

3.whenever I set myself to make music I excel at it.

Thanks again everybody  :)

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi Airpstec

Apologies for slow reply, I have been having broadband issues, hopefully now sorted.

An effective statement needs to target one simple thing in a few words. It has to be almost believable to you as you need to be able to imagine it being true during the track. However you can proceed in a series of steps starting with, for example “I could be good at music making” going on to “I am good at music” to “I am really good at music”. This is clearly going to take more time, but working up in this way progressing when you feel confident that your statement feels true to you. All the time you think about your statement and it is immediately followed by doubts “It's what I really want, but…” then you need to Click Track more first or start with an even more believable statement. “I can be calm and confident sometimes” to “I am calm and confident all the time” Short simple and it can be re-worded by yourself in a variety of ways and levels of positiveness.
        Hope this helps
        Peter

Andres Leon
        PSTEC User

No problem Peter, thanks for answering.

Actually, Ive just noticed that I need to keep click tracking my negative issues, even if I have clicked them for a long time.
          This weekend I had a trigger and I couldnt avoid it, I reacted aggresively because it is very stressful for me when someone confronts me, extremely stresfull and I cant assert or defend myself so I end up just telling the other person to F off, several times. I end up like the villain but its just my subonscious reaction, my only mechanism of defense.
          so, im using the pstec positive to say “every time I use pstec I start becoming a new me”.
          hopefully that is cool enough, so I can proceed and overcome that.

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

Hi Airpstec

First Click Track that recent trigger and emotional response. Recall it as vividly as possible and get it down to zero.
            Next run Positive with a suggestion like “I can be calm and relaxed in all situations”

Your suggestion of “every time….” is good in that it re-enforces your desire for change. Ideally you need an idea of what your “new me” is like so that you can visualise your new self during the track.

Peter

Andres Leon
            PSTEC User

That is a very good positive statement you suggested!
              Thats something I really want.
              One question,when im ready to do that, how would you craft the “new me” statement? Could you give me an example?

Peter Bunyan
              PSTEC User

airpstec

Example: “Everyday I get a little more calm and confident” Run this everyday. You can do a “believability” test like with the 0 – 10 (0 = absolutely, 10 = no way) in the click tracks, ask yourself how much you believe this statement before and after the track. You will need to start with a moderate score first, if too high it would be better to modify your statement.
                Try and find little things you can do to help this along. If you have a noticeable success example, not reacting badly to a trigger situation, then give your self a treat, a reward for it. You are changing a habit, like stopping smoking. Think of it as gaining every day, not losing or giving up something but changing for the better.

Peter

Andres Leon
                PSTEC User

Hi peter, how are you?
                  Just wanted to ask a question but didnt know where to ask it so i figure I could use my same post.
                  So, ive stopped using pstec but Ive restarted meditation again and have continued going to EMDR therapy.
                  Meditation has done great things for me, even though therapy doesnt seem to make any noticeable changes.
                  The thing is, I would like to give hypnosis another shot but I will only do it with the best hypnotherapist I can afford.
                  i would like to know how to contact Tim or any other hypnoterapist related to pstec that is almost as good as him treating persistent long lasting issues?
                  Hopefully this is a good post to ask this, all I want is to be free and to reach my potential.

Peter Bunyan
                  PSTEC User

Hi airpstec

I'm doing well thanks, and how are you getting on?

As much as I like to think PSTEC can fix anything, sadly it seems not everyone can get on with it and there is no one size fits all therapy.

In hypnotherapy you have to place a lot of trust in the therapist. Mostly they give free initial consultations so that you can see if you can get on with them, and they you. You need one that will work work by Skype unless you can travel to the North of the UK.

Peter Owen would be my initial best guess for you, but look at some others. Find his contact details and perhaps others on the [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PSTEC register.[/font]

Regards Peter

Andres Leon
                    PSTEC User

i agree completely with you, both in the PSTEC thing and placing a lot of trust in the hypnotherapist thing. i really love PSTEC and the concept behind it but I seem to only get partial,temporary results even though Ive really used it consistently.
                      I still respect the technique and the people it has helped permanently.
                      Ill look into peter owens and see If we can work together.
                      Thanks peter, appreciate your help and have a happy new year

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.