Cure for Agoraphobia – My Treatment for the Cause of Agoraphobia "Get Mad At It"

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues General Anxiety…Social Anxiety… Panic Attacks…Agoraphobia Cure for Agoraphobia – My Treatment for the Cause of Agoraphobia "Get Mad At It"

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brian Tucker
    PSTEC User

As always, I preface this do it yourself, self-help post – that it is not an absolute fixed approach though it is one approach that miraculously worked for my situation. My thoughts are anyone having either or both of these conditions could use this as a foundation to get them at least free enough to see and clean up any leftover specifics that might be causing their “condition”.

After many months of working with PSTEC I realized I had Agoraphobia. I wouldn't say it was extreme as some cases I have heard of, though it was rather bad. To put it into context, I used to be a heavy traveler with my career. I loved going places when I was younger, exploring, always excited for the next gig somewhere that allowed me to travel somewhere new.

It seemed like over the years this excitement dwindled without me consciously seeing it. I also used to always love to go do things with my family, take little mini day trips, weekend getaways, holidays etc. My wife would often drop clues that I didn't realize at the time “You used to always want to go places and do things, you never do that anymore.”

I also found myself not wanting to travel for work anymore. Then it became more extreme where I did not have any motivation to leave the house or go away for a weekend. I would not even want to go to one of my kid's sporting events!

I even realized later I was saying for years “I don't even want to leave town” and “I don't even want to leave my house”. What I didn't realize, however, was how severe this was.

Often we can't see what is going on in us and others can. This is why it's a great idea to work with a PSTEC Practitioner. https://www.pstecregister.com/
      1.) They can more easily spot behaviors and patterns in you that you can't
      2.) They have experience in identifying what might be the root cause of an issue
      3.) They know the tools inside and out and ways to most effectively use them

I first tried just clicktracking the feeling of being stuck at home. It helped slightly but it would come back. Then I CT'd the feelings of being afraid to go out and not motivated to. Again this helped a little but then it came back.

It is known that Agoraphobia can simply be a result of unresolved and repressed anger.

Anger can be the root of all sorts of problems ranging from all sorts of unnecessary anger, panic attacks, anxiety, procrastination, sexual problems, weight issues and irrational fears.

The clicktracks allow you to release anger-related memories and feelings for liberating relief.

Now I could have just thought about the times when I would be angry about traveling and clicktracked those, but for whatever reason, I didn't.

Instead, I just decided to “get mad at it.” I thought about various scenarios of not leaving the house, not wanting to travel, not go on trips and imagined these in the past and also an extreme future event and got really, really mad at these situations. I started clicktracking first with a tapping accelerator, really being angry, even hateful that this was in my life and how it was causing problems. Then I moved to a clicktrack and continued getting mad at and also getting mad at myself about it. As I as doing this, several flashes of memories popped into my mind.

• Trips with people I worked with I didn't like or want to be around (work and weekend getaways)
      • Anger related with traveling, delays etc.
      • Two roommates I lived with that put me in a situation where I had to move
      • Memories of being forced to go to work with my dad as a kid when I wanted to stay home
      • Memories of being sent to two summer camps by my grandfather that I wanted nothing to do with
      • [/list]

All of these had some heavy repressed anger, hatred and resentment. I wrote them all down and clicktracked each, trying as hard as I could to be extremely furious and feeling it as I could until it was a 1 or 0 A few hours later, the Agorophobia was gone.

I have used the “get mad at it” technique with several other stubborn problems such as procrastination (will post later on this) and each time it has revealed some past events that took me straight to freedom after unsuccessfully attempting to resolve it directly.

In the same sense, I have also done this by getting mad at the clicktracks for not clearing something fast enough and it has moved me forward in a big way. (this is also tied to frustration and impatience) http://pstecforum.com/pf/confused-and-not-sure-where-to-start/frustration-tip-the-secret-feeling-to-remove-first-for-more-freedom-faster/

Often times going after a stubborn problem directly with no results, all you need are a few clues from your past. This technique can reveal a few of those little clues that when resolved, can unlock the chains of your past.

So when in doubt and you are really stuck, “Get mad at it”. Really REALLY MAD! :)

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

Here is a great article from PSTEC Practitioner April Adams on the PSTEC Register site:

https://www.pstecregister.com/blog/why-arent-the-tools-working-47

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.