Depression

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Zoeyzoey
    PSTEC User

Hi Jeff I have a question about depression, where do you start I heard you in an interview say that just doing depression is too general then how do I go about finding out what is causing it, it's not catatonic it's low grade flat, absence of joy rather than a feeling itself, I have begun peri menopause and if the cause is fluctuations in hormones (guessing) can pstec be of help?
      Thanks Zoey

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Aloha Zoey!

Well, as with anything, if there is a physical issue to deal with, consult with your physician.

Delving into the cause of someone's state of depression can be done by simply aksing questions to begin to get more at the source or cause of that mind model that views the world and life as depressing.

So, to give you the simple answer to how to discover what is causing your state of depression… ask!

I am depressed because ____________________

You have hinted at one aspects as, “… absence of joy…”

There is no joy because _______________

These types of questions and delving can be done on your own, but, for some, it's difficult because the mind model merely sees a world that is inherently depressing and does not see that it's merely their personal perception.  So, getting a practitioner to help can be very beneficial and speed up your movement out of that mind model and allowing a new, more free and… dare I say … joyful mind model!

One other thought…

Many people see no joy because “nothing in life comes my way.. no reason to be joyful” … now, that, in essence, says that their goals and desires are, for the most part unfulfilled.  It's a matter of not being able to manifest their desires in life… simple as that … and that is due to a mind model that will not allow abundance into life because lack is how the world is viewed.  You see?

Why is lack viewed so strongly?

* Because of emotional experiences that were painful when one desired abundance and was denied.
        * Because of beliefs that were acquired from others with the same view that the world is lacking and there is not hope.
        * Because of behaviors that were developed, again, with the help of others in the “mentor” or authoritative role showing and “proving” that the world is one of lack.

Shifting the mind model is about letting go of the old one… the limited and painful one … and allowing or “building” a new one.  As your perception shifts, so does your experience and your results.

So, begin with discovering the aspects of the mind model that are painful and limiting and then targeting the appropriate PSTEC Tools to “erase” or reprogram them.

Ask!

Malama Pono!
        Jeff

Zoeyzoey
        PSTEC User

Thankyou, I started before your reply came and I just felt the feeling started clicking and was asking what the feeling was saying, which was interesting.. I'm not enough I'm a loser I'm not acceptable etc rose up and I clicked the pain of each away and felt much much better.. Phew! Now if I'm to use pstec positive with something like 'I am whole perfect strong powerful loving harmonious and happy' is there a number of times I should use it? Can you tell when your subconscious has accepted a suggestion and if so, how?
          Thanks for your help Jeff :)

Jeff Harding
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Zoey!
            if I'm to use pstec positive with something like 'I am whole perfect strong powerful loving harmonious and happy'

When you run PSTEC Positive (PP) with any suggestion, be sure to keep the suggestion to one single thought.  So, you can take that sentence and break it up into several suggestions which not only makes the suggestion simpler for the subconscious to assimilate but also doing multiple PP sentences will help reinforce the intention.

So, something like this…

I am whole
            I am perfect
            I am strong
            I am powerful
            I am loving
            I am harmonious
            I am happy

Now, those are great, but I would also add a specific sentence or more for each one to solidify them.  So, “I am whole”… what does that mean to you?  Can you be more specific in “describing” it so that the subconscious has a better idea of what than means?  You see what I mean?  Craft those other sentences to suggest those to the sub so that they help “support” the overall belief that “I am whole.”

And/or, you can use “because” in that sentence, such as:

“I am whole because my conscious and subconscious minds work together”
            … something like that… although that sentence still is a bit vague.

So, it's ok to use more general sentences and it may just work find, but “supporting” that general sentence with other more specific ones will help your PP work be more effective.

is there a number of times I should use it?
            Until it has been assimilated by the subconscious… the number, time, frequency all vary from person to person and issue to issue.  Do it until it is known that it is a part of your mind model.  If you lack progress, reassess and delve a bit deeper for beliefs that are contrary and still intact for you.

Also, helpful to erase negative beliefs with PSTEC Negative prior to running PP.

Can you tell when your subconscious has accepted a suggestion and if so, how?

Yes, I can!  ;D

But, I believe you are asking how YOU can tell, yah?  ;)

Over time and with practice, you get to know your own Mind and as you do, no one will know better than you.  For me, I call it a “knowing.”  I just… know … I have little or no doubts … few thoughts that invade my mind contrary to my desires and intentions. Be consistent and persistent and you will get to know it more and more.  Initially, it's difficult to know the beliefs that are subconscious because… well… they are subconscious.

Most of all, look for results… how do you react to situations … how do you feel regarding situations compared to previously…do the same limiting thoughts occur and are they as “loud” as they used to be?  Do you feel you have the power to merely ignore the limiting thoughts and move in the direction you desire?

So, one reason I like to use a specific action that is illustrative of your limitations is that you can test it out… see if you can take actions that were previously, seemingly impossible.  Try it out … as you do, you may become aware of other emotions, beliefs and behaviors that are still a part of the barriers and then address those.

That specific action becomes your barometer and also as you frame PP statements, you can use that specific reference for the PP sentences, such as, using your example:

When I go to work I feel powerful

Make sense?

Aloha!
            Jeff

Zoeyzoey
            PSTEC User

Thankyou for that Jeff :):):):);)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.