Difference between trying and doing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Wynn
    PSTEC User

Hello there,

So as the title suggests, what is the difference between “trying” and actually “feeling”. For example, trying to feel angry when clicking, when i actually am in fact angry?

Thanks

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Clearingman,

Good question.

“Trying” presupposes you are not feeling that emotion already and some PSTEC users may come to the track with the emotion more repressed than if it was “in the moment.” By “trying”, it invites the user to evoke the emotion again.

Someone may be ClickTracking a memory from many years ago and, in the first instance, the emotion may not “feel” as intense as it once did. People come up with all sorts of rationalisations, distractions, coping mechanisms and survival strategies. However, the memory may well still be impacting the experience of life in very meaningful/destructive ways.

“Trying” can get rid of this avoidance and ensure conscious focus.

If you already feel an emotion very intensely, however, this can help get rid of the problem quickly and without it lingering. You can still “try” to make it more intense. That is why running a CT when you actually have a negative feeling can be a very useful strategy and can work as a brilliant maintenance tool.

I hope that helps.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Peter Bunyan
        PSTEC User

Hi Clearingman

Trying v Doing: The difference is fear of the consequences, that is fear of success or failure for what ever reasons. One is more like making the attempt the other “feeling the fear and doing it anyway”.

Trying v Feeling: If you cannot get the feeling then trying will do. It is better to be clicking anything than not at all. If you cannot access the feeling and or memory you could create a fictional event that might happen to you that would produce the same or similar emotion, and CT that fictional event.

Peter

Daniel Wynn
          PSTEC User

Hi Clearingman,

Good question.

“Trying” presupposes you are not feeling that emotion already and some PSTEC users may come to the track with the emotion more repressed than if it was “in the moment.” By “trying”, it invites the user to evoke the emotion again.

Someone may be ClickTracking a memory from many years ago and, in the first instance, the emotion may not “feel” as intense as it once did. People come up with all sorts of rationalisations, distractions, coping mechanisms and survival strategies. However, the memory may well still be impacting the experience of life in very meaningful/destructive ways.

“Trying” can get rid of this avoidance and ensure conscious focus.

If you already feel an emotion very intensely, however, this can help get rid of the problem quickly and without it lingering. You can still “try” to make it more intense. That is why running a CT when you actually have a negative feeling can be a very useful strategy and can work as a brilliant maintenance tool.

I hope that helps.

Paul

Thank you paul, great advice as usual. That makes perfect sense to me now.

Daniel Wynn
            PSTEC User

Hi Clearingman

Trying v Doing: The difference is fear of the consequences, that is fear of success or failure for what ever reasons. One is more like making the attempt the other “feeling the fear and doing it anyway”.

Trying v Feeling: If you cannot get the feeling then trying will do. It is better to be clicking anything than not at all. If you cannot access the feeling and or memory you could create a fictional event that might happen to you that would produce the same or similar emotion, and CT that fictional event.

Peter

Hi peter, thanks for your advice. I have been trying on every track, i just found it confusing, because i already felt bad, i didnt need to try. But i understand now, by trying your releasing more, by targeting deeper emotions. I Have been doing the fictional events too, that works really well at times.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.