Difficulty with knowing what I want

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Miscellaneous and Other Topics Difficulty with knowing what I want

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fi knox
    PSTEC User

The problem is in the title! I am going to get to work using Jeff's excellent pdf downloads to try to get specific with this but I'm wondering if anybody out there has any pearls of wisdom to share on the general area of it not being OK to want (for myself)…fear of disappointment, not being selfish, needing to give to others first etc. I seem to have a whole junkyard of stuff around this so that I hardly know where to begin.

Russell Cronberg
      PSTEC User

Hi, I'm fairly new to PSTEC myself but in the last few months I've learned quite a bit both through my own self discovery and through Jeff's always helpful and insightful replies here on the message board.  What I've found that works for me is not to try and avoid these “bad” feelings but rather embrace them and run the click tracks on those.  If for example you fear disappointment I'm sure you have many memories of being disappointed in the past.  My suggestion to you would be to pull up a “doozie” and really get into it…feel the disappointment…shoot, make your self cry if you can  :P  and then dive into the click tracks following Tim's instructions the best you can while trying your best to hang onto that feeling.

When I've taken this approach I've literally felt like I was emotionally “vomiting” (I know, great analogy right?  ;D ) but the amazing thing is that through the click tracks the intensity is short lived and the painful feelings quickly fade away, much like an intense thunder storm that blows through and is gone. 

Hopefully this will at least give you some ideas to think about…

Russell

fi knox
        PSTEC User

Thank you Rucron,
          It's really nice to know there are people a bit further along the path and having success.

I know what you mean when you say it can feel like vomiting sometimes. Sometimes the emotion seems to hide just when I want to start the click track. I'm not sure how much it matters if I can't BE in it at that moment so I click away whatever.

Anyway I'm taking a termite approach in the hope that sooner or later a whole lot of rotten beliefs are going to collapse because I really have no idea which issue is most important and some days all of them feel like doozies while other days they feel like nothing much….it's a very strange adventure!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.