Falling asleep during Click Tracks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bose
    PSTEC User

I'm new to PSTEC but cautiously optimistic.  However, I find myself falling asleep during the click tracks.  This is despite not being physically tired, and not being the kind of person who naps during the day.  I am trying to focus, and am doing the tapping, but I get drowsy and often find myself dropping off.  Is this common?  Any comments?

Thanks

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Bose … do you mean you fall sleep for an unknown amount of time throughout the track or dose off for a moment or two or in and out?
        Aloha!
        Jeff

bose
        PSTEC User

Thanks for replying.  Often, about 1/3 or 1/2 of the way through I get drowsy, then find myself 'waking up' near the end.  I wondered if it's connected with releasing stuff.  Or maybe a kind of avoidance?  I looked online to see if anyone else had the same experience but couldn't find it.

Jeff Harding

You're always welcome!

Yes, many people have experienced this for various reasons too numerous to mention.

Here's what is important: Don't worry about falling asleep or “zoning out”; the bottom line is results so when you run something using the CT's, are the emotions being neutralized or lowering?

Aloha!
            Jeff

Rob Burnett
            PSTEC User

I also drop off while listening to click tracks but as some of it is quite hypnotic I assume the information is still going into the subconscious. I usually just drop off for a few seconds, maybe a minute then realise I haven't tapped for a while.

Jeff Harding

“I assume the information is still going into the subconscious”

It is to a degree, but the words Tim is suggesting to the subconscious only work to the degree that you are concentrating on the aspects he instructs; i.e. the memory/imagined event, TRYING HARD to feel the feeling, and tapping to the clicks and tones.

So, let's say you fall asleep for the entire track.  Sure, there are some positive suggestions Tim makes that will help you, but the issue that you are targeting may not be affected much without you concentrating on those aspects of the issue.

But, if it's only a few seconds where either you fall asleep or “zone out”; it's ok, just refocus to those three aspects of the issue and continue.  In fact, most times, you will find the feelings fading and it's most effective if you keep TRYING to feel the feelings despite them fading away.

And, if needed, after the track, you reassess and still have some emotional charge, just run the track again until it's 0-1!

Aloha!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.