Fear of change and uncertainty beliefs

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Miscellaneous and Other Topics Fear of change and uncertainty beliefs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brian Tucker
    PSTEC User

Hey guys – Maybe someone can help with this:

I do not have a fear of change belief but I do have what I believe to be a fear of uncertainty.

I ran across a site not too long ago and saw a belief with respect to fear of change something along the lines of “i am safe the way things are” it wasn't that exact wording but I could not find the page again (thought I bookmarked it at the time)

What are the specific belief statements that can be removed using PSTEC negative to eliminate fear of change and fear of uncertainty?

Thanks

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi plus1g,

Great to hear from you. There are a couple of different perspectives that could be taken, in respect of the question you asked.

Getting straight to the point, the sort of beliefs that tend to create a resistance to change are “Change is difficult”,”Change takes a long time”, “If I change too profoundly, I'll lose those closest to me” and “change is scary.”

Certainty is what Tony Robbins holds in his model of the “6 Human Needs.” To some extent, I'd contend that we all need it in our lives. However, like all these values, needs and emotions, balance is crucial. A model that prides too much certainty (and how much can we REALLY be *certain* anyway?)  and we would tend to have a pattern of not taking the sort of “risks” that would benefit us.

Around this, I would think that beliefs like “Taking risks is dangerous” and “it's better to be safe than sorry” would contribute to an emotional pattern like this. Also, situations where you changed and experienced negative consequences – ridicule, loss, rejection etc.

See how these resonate with you. As ever, tailor them to your own circumstances and use the sort of wording that “packs the most punch” for how you feel and behave.

Another way to get to this is to ask “what would I have to believe to fear change and hate uncertainty?”

You could also face the fear of uncertainty by click-tracking the fear of uncertainty. Uncertainty is real, but fear is not inherent to it.

If you haven't tried it, Tim's “Embracing Change” is another excellent resource for contextualising change:

http://pstecaudiosource.org/4121/embracing-change

I hope this helps. Please keep us updated.

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Peter Bunyan
        PSTEC User

Hi plus1g

Tim would say it is about using the right tools for the right job, Fear of Change, Fear of Uncertainty are fears and are therefore feelings, emotions. This makes the tools to use the Click Tracks. Whatever the root cause of these they are fears of anticipated future events. Because they are non-specific, generalized fears then magnifying them by thinking about the worst that could happen to you, you are then giving the Click Track a better target feeling to remove. The future is almost as real to your subconscious as the past, if it wasn't you would not have anything to fear about. Fear of Flying, Fear of Exam Failure, Fear of Failure, Fear of Public Speaking all fall into this category and the Click Tracks have proven to effectively clear them all. Imagine all the things you do not want to happen to you and Click Track those. What disaster could happen to you by being uncertain??

Peter

Paul McCabe

Hi Peter,

Hope you are keeping well.

When using PSTEC on myself, my instinct is always to start on the emotions (click-tracking). It seems to produce the quickest and most tangible effect.

With belief work, I learned and applied a different methodology to PSTEC. That was also highly effective and dramatically shifted my perception and emotions.

I do have PSTEC Negative (and most of the Tutorials) and know of a range of ways to resolve an emotional issue (none with quite the speed, elegance and effectiveness of PSTEC, of course).

I have found that there are benefits to doing Tim's “root and branch” approach – eliminate the belief and the associated emotions can go away on their own. 

Some, however, can be more strongly conditoned, in my experience. I have read different theories about this.

Does the emotion cause the belief? Or does the belief cause the emotion? You could make a case for either of these triggers, but it might be a “chicken or egg” scenario. Could it vary by person or even issue? Just interested in what you think about this.

From your own work with PSTEC and other modalities, when would you typically introduce PSTEC Negative and PSTEC Positive?

Paul

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Jeff Harding

Wonderful thoughts and suggestions everyone… just one quick comment regarding PSTEC Negative… 

“What are the specific belief statements that can be removed using PSTEC negative to eliminate fear of change and fear of uncertainty?”

The specific beliefs are those that you hold personally.
              Do not look for “scripts” or standard phrases to apply to PSTEC Negative (PN).
              You cannot remove a negative belief you do not hold.
              In other words, other people cannot give you standard phrases to erase with PN,
              the negative beliefs to erase must come from YOUR mind model, not others.
              Sure, they may be similar or even perfect for a few, but not the majority.
              In using PN, look for your own negative beliefs… drill down more to the core
              when you can and use PN on those.

… and another free offering from Tim regarding the fear of change and fear of uncertainty …
              http://pstecaudiosource.org/4121/embracing-change

Aloha!
              Jeff

Peter Bunyan
              PSTEC User

Hi Paul

“Root and Branch”? To me it is eliminate the emotions first and the associated beliefs go away. We evolved from animals and truly we still are, just with fancier toys. Animals do not have as sophisticated language as us but the higher mammals certainly feel emotions as we do. This means that emotions are the primary drivers and language comes later. You cannot hold a belief without a verbal language.

Beliefs are habits of thought. The thought/belief springs to mind and you have said it before you have even realized what the trigger was. (Which might be another belief). This suggests that they are initiated in the subconscious which is quicker than the conscious and therefore by associated feelings/emotions. Typically the belief is exactly the same word pattern each time. Words could be used to cause a belief. If someone, a parent say told you often enough that you were stupid, you might well come to believe it. But his comes with the emotional baggage of being stigmatized with the comment and feeling bad about it. The one is anchored to the other. Here we are trying to break the connection in the fastest most effective way, either way might work belief from emotion or emotion from belief.

There is no right or wrong way to work with PSTEC tools only what works. However if you had a bowl of soup in front of you would you choose to eat it with a knife, a fork, or a spoon? Now if you pick the bowl up and scrape the soup into your mouth with a knife say, then it might be messy but still work. A spoon would clearly be the most effective solution but it is not the only way. The Click Tracks were designed by Tim to work with emotions and Negative and Positive with beliefs. PSTEC Negative in particular to shift negative beliefs that were resistant to removal by other means.

I would introduce clients to other PSTEC Tools when they have had some success with the Click Tracks. If the client does not believe the Click Tracks work then they have no reason to trust the other tools to work. However everyone is different and it is possible to start with with a Positive “The Click Tracks will work quickly and easily for me”. Face-to-face clients will get more reassurance from a therapist in person than say this forum because they are reading the non-verbal body language. Using the Click Tracks first is the tried and tested route and it works for most people. Because I cannot be with you in person and ask you all sorts of questions I have to go with the simplest tried and tested format on this forum. However you are free and able to use the PSTEC products in any way you feel like and some experimentation (play) is not a bad thing.

There you are “as clear as…” murky water?

Peter

Paul McCabe

Hi Jeff and Peter,

Great contributions, as ever.

I am not actually working on any personal issues myself. I use PSTEC more as a “spiritual practice”, if that makes sense. I am also fascinated by the technique, the numerous PSTEC tools and their uses.

I think PSTEC is a tremendous breakthrough and warrants even greater acclaim than it has gotten. I have spread the word, but think the potential of PSTEC to positively affect millions of people is tantalising.

We are somewhat limited by the written word. So much can be misconstrued.

With regards to PN, Jeff, I totally agree that the words and phrases have to resonate with the end user (as it were). They have to be laser-focused to the individual.

However, there are certain universal beliefs or “logical conclusions” you can make from patterns of behaviour.  I would say that these could get us near the “ballpark.” The wording can be tweaked, but the essence is key – in my experience, anyway. There are indivdual differences between all of us, but certain “patterns” hold true.

If this degree of commonality did not exist, effectively produced Hypnosis tracks (a subjective point, I know) and even PSTEC would not impact as many people as they do. They would all have to be produced in a bespoke way.

I hope that point makes sense. In short, most of us are different but have some similarities. That is just my belief, of course. I know there always exceptions to rules and “outliers.”

The best way I've found to check whether you have a belief is to say the words out loud. There will be a certain resonance if the belief is there – even if you reason that you couldn't possibly hold such a belief.

Thanks for your explanation, Peter. I just wanted to know how you would approach using the available PSTEC tools. I do appreciate that it can be very much like “how long is a piece of string?!”, as each case will be different.

Paul

Peter Bunyan
                  PSTEC User

Hi Paul

I do not believe it is safe to draw a logical conclusion from a behavior. Since behaviors are driven by subconscious emotions where there is no logic I do not think it possible to find a logical answer. Understandable in terms of Mind Mechanics may be, but to me, leave out the logic. We like to think we are rational but underneath we are still animals.

Yes there are commonalities, we are all driven by the primal needs of survival, finding food and water, shelter and that procreation thing. Mainly we all have the same mind mechanics as we have two legs and arms. Except of course not everyone is born with them and some minds come into the world deformed as well. Furthermore we all have a common evolutionary story. We behave more like apes than we do say cats. We were ape like only a few million years ago where as the last common ancestor we have with cats is probably in the 10s of millions. Roughly speaking our minds and bodies are the same thing, if we have similar bodies we will have similar minds and behaviors. What ever caused it is unknown, but there is only one species of human still around.

Yes I confess I view all human activities through an evolutionary filter. To me it provides explanations that make them mostly understandable.

Peter

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.