Find instructions distract me

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    spiritualguy2011
    PSTEC User

Hi there,

I'm just starting to use PSTEC, and I find that I can't get a very concrete image in my mind of the event I'm afraid of, I also find that I can't feel it either. This is mainly because as soon he tells me to try as hard as I can, I try to but then immediately after he says this he starts talking again, and I just end up listening to him instead..I guess I'm not a very good multitasker.. lol

Does anyone have any suggestions? or is the main purpose of why he does it this way is to stop you from being able to feel it or visualize it fully, even tho he tells you to, is that how it's able to work? lol

Thanks in advance to whoever can help me!

– David

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi David,

There are 3 things to do when running the Click Tracks and also here are some notes on each one …

1. Keep the memory or imagined event in mind

Sometimes a memory may be a bit fuzzy, that's ok… it does not have to be concrete.  In fact, let's say you are aware of a memory when you were very young.  You can't be sure exactly how it happened.  That's quite alright, just take the best representation you have of that memory and recall that.  Don't worry about the details too much; just focus on the most intense part; the part that would bother you.  You can also “fill in the gaps” with your best idea of what happened or what part of it would bother you most.  This area is not an exercise in perfection.  :)

2. Try as hard as you can to feel the feeling

Let me give you a hint about Tim's instructions… he is very literal, so don't read anything into it.  He says, “Try as hard as you can to feel the feeling.”  He does NOT say, 'Feel the feeling.'  Just TRY to feel the feeling.  Now, you may end up feeling the feeling, but what is important is that you TRY… that's it.

3. Do your best to keep up with tapping to the clicks and tones.

“Do your best” does not mean do it perfectly … you may be tapping along and switch them up, you might “zone out”, you might wander off to other thoughts, etc.  That's quite alright, just use your conscious will to bring your attention and focus back to these 3 aspects.  Again, it's only about “doing the best you can.”

4. [/list]***IMPORTANT*** So, when it comes to listening to Tim's voice and words, let that go.  You do not want to listen consciously to his words on the Click Track audios… leave that part up to your subconscious… in other words, let Tim do the talking with your subconscious.  Your only tasks are those listed above… nothing more, nothing less.
          In working with the Click Tracks myself for a couple years now, I still don't know what he is saying… I have never really listened to it.

Be kind to yourself as you do this… if your mind wanders a bit, bring it back to focusing on those aspects you are instructed to focus on.  True, this is not “easy” because it does take focus and concentration while the CT is running.
          An additional suggestion is to use PSTEC Positive to help “Prepare Your Mind” before using the Click Tracks… here is a post explaining one way to approach it…
          http://pstecforum.com/pf/questions-on-pstec-products/pstec-positive/msg17/#msg17
          Also, if you are stuck, finding a practitioner to work with may give you quite a boost… but, take some of these suggestions and also, especially, take your expectation of success with you to your next “session” with the Click Tracks.
          Aloha!
          Jeff

spiritualguy2011
        PSTEC User

Thanks for that reply!

Yeah I was overly worried about ACTUALLY feeling the EXACT same feelings.. lol

also, I'm not sure how you know you're doing it properly if you're not really paying attention, lol

I think I'm a very analytical type person, I have a hypnotherapy session that I listen to as well (Only a few times so far), and often I take notice when the woman is creating an anchor, I notice it, and it's hard not to.

Thanks again!

– David

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.