First impressions with pstec.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Paul McCabe
    PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi DaughterofThunder,

Thank you for your message and for taking the time to share some of your story. I read some of it earlier and see you have now edited it

I echo what Brian wrote and he has worked diligently with PSTEC to get some truly amazing shifts within his own model of reality.

I really appreciate you reaching out and can assure you of two things:

1) You absolutely matter

2) You deserve to be happy

If these seem strange concepts to you, try saying “I deserve to be happy” and “I matter.”

If these do not seem to be true, then you probably hold the opposite of these beliefs.I suspect you do and you would certainly not be alone in that. You may also hold certain beliefs about safety, feeling emotions, and perhaps about life being unfair and happiness being impossible for you.

You can approach PSTEC in a myriad of ways. Generally, since you feel the unwanted emotions, it tends to be prudent to start with the Click Tracks. The effect tends to be more obvious.

For instance, emotions can feed into beliefs, and beliefs into emotions. We may not be consciously aware of the beliefs that are fuelling an emotion like  anger, but we know we feel anger. So, we know when the anger is gone – we no longer feel it when it is cleared.

However, beliefs can be emotionally causal too and eliminating beliefs that feed unwanted emotional and behavioural patterns creates tremendous liberation.

For this reason, I would contend that Belief Blasters (http://bit.ly/beliefblasters) is an essential PSTEC tool. It just works so well with the Click Tracks.

But irrespective of whether you acquire these or not, you can absolutely change all aspects of your life with PSTEC. It is just a case of how deeply you intend to go with this work.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

DaughterofThunder
      PSTEC User

I got the idea to clicktrack on feeling like a burden which returned again this morning when I returned to this thread – to no avail – even acute feelings simply evaporate out of my mind as soon as I start playing the clicktrack because the voice and the clicks all compete for my attention. Please tell me that belief blasters are not like this so I can know whether to buy or not. Does it also require multitasking? If they are different as it would seem from the description page, I want to purchase them, just won't be able to in the following few weeks. I'll update then after I have tried them. Thank you both so much.

Paul McCabe

Hi DaughterofThunder,

Thanks for your post. You are most welcome.

We are here to help, so your post is anything but a burden and neither are you. I assure you of that.

You may have a feeling of being a burden, but I would suggest this is generated by an actual belief like “I am a burden.” Feelings would tend to be physiological – a “knot in the stomach”, nervousness, a negative sense.

These can show up in many guises, so those are just a few examples.

What is the actual feeling you get when you believe you are a burden?

How do you know you feel like a burden? Tune into that.

Focus on trying to feel the feeling(s) and the memory whilst tapping. Let Tim's words run in the background while you focus on the thought/memory, the associated feeling(s) and tapping along to the clicks and tones.

You can simply try to feel the feelings.

Belief Blasters are very different and require no tapping at all. There is not as much to do – just try to believe the belief while the track plays. There are some instructions before playing the track, but these are extremely straightforward.

Paul

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

DaughterofThunder
          PSTEC User

Feelings would tend to be physiological (…)
            What is the actual feeling you get when you believe you are a burden?

Yes I often feel anxiety in stomach, like it squeezed into a fist or a knot if it's intense. But most often, my mouth get dry and I go pale. But I couldn't catch  this to tap because it pretty much always happens at work. Another thing I often get – actually got it after writing my background here – is a lump in throat or throat getting very tightened, like when you're about to cry. It surprised me. And a few others but these are most common. I don't get anything physical when I think I'm a burden, because it's normal to me… simply that's my world, that's my “normal”, I can't imagine different. Even in good relationships, when it's made clear to me I'm loved it doesn't change one bit how I see myself. Oh wait, my throat is tightening like that again. Didn't see that coming. So, I was not even aware… I don't have conscious feelings about my negative beliefs, even now, there's no conscious feeling… And the sensation slips away soon. No wonder I couldn't clicktrack right. I already knew I was pretty much disconnected from my feelings because it often takes me a long time to figure out that I can't take something anymore, I just keep enduring like under some drugs and when I realize things went too far long ago I'm already breaking down.

Great news about belief blasters. I was really hoping to hear this… I'll get that one first.

Paul McCabe

Hi DaughterofThunder,

Thanks for posting and for confirming some of the ways anxiety shows up for you.

As well as using PSTEC Click Tracks for historical traumas, troublesome thoughts or memories, and future imagined scenarios, you can also use them “in the moment.”

You mentioned that your anxiety symptoms show up at work and you cannot evoke these when trying to feel the emotions later on.

You may, therefore, derive tremendous benefit from using the Click Tracks while the symptoms are being experienced (or as close as possible to the time of them being experienced).

This approach is not essential for everyone, but I feel it may work very well for you in this context. Please note, however, you don't have to feel the emotion. You just have to know what problem you are working on and try to feel the emotions.

If it is possible for you to do so, I would suggest trying to find 10-15 minutes during a break at work and then running the Click Track. You could have the free Click Tracks loaded onto your phone or a MP3 player and then doing a round each day – you may be surprised how quickly this dissolves.

If someone holds a belief like “I'm not loveable”, all evidence and affirmation to the contrary makes it virtually impossible to “get through”. So, if a loved one spells out the different ways the person is loved, it is likely to be interpreted differently: e.g. “that person loves me, but I'm not actually worth loving.”

Eliminating the very beliefs that feed into the pattern makes a huge difference.

Paul

Brian Tucker
              PSTEC User

Paul is right when he says to use the clicktracks when you feel the feeling. This may sound strange (if it does clicktrack it lol) but it is very effective. I spent an entire month working on numerous things I wanted to clear at work – frustration & self-worth issues. I had the clicktracks loaded on my phone (you could use ipod) and when a particular situation would arise I would excuse myself and go to the lavatory where I would clicktrack in a stall. Same could go for a closet or spare office room.

Another effective method I used was to record a conversation and then play it back later so that I could really feel those feelings. Amazing method.

Also your anxiety at work, what is it related to? Are you suppressing some feelings there? What do you think and feel?

DaughterofThunder
                PSTEC User

I work with the most difficult person on the team. She rages a lot like my mother and gave me plenty of distress. (stabby heart pain as I recall this – wanted to clicktrack but it disappears during listening to introduction) I'm handling it better now, I used to be really scared of her. But I said work mostly because as soon as I'm going to work or anywhere, I have the sense like I'm going to war – I can't drop my guard or relax around people. I definitely suppress around people since I am not being myself. I'm aware I'd benefit from a better environment, but I live in a bad economy so I can't choose, and it's temporary anyway – I will work here until next winter or so.

I can't go out when I want with this job (retail). But ether way feelings disappear quickly – I was at home just then and right beside my pc – but while the introduction to the clicktrack played I just lost the feeling. Heart stabbing with sense of past emotional pain was back later as I re-read the post. I started the clicktrack again, it's gone again before I can get into tapping. Is it that I couldn't handle my own feelings for such a long time that they are just suppressed automatically? I'll keep chasing them but if I don't succeed it's ok I'll get belief blasters anyway.

Paul McCabe

Hi DaughterofThunder,

Thanks for your update.

It does seem that you may have some subconscious resistance to working through the issues. I sense that you may fear clearing the emotions in a certain respect as, although you want to be free of these, they seem to have been part of your mind model for a while.

Further to what Brian wrote and your reply where you mentioned that it is not really feasible for you to CT while at work, you may wish to try the following:

– Skip the introduction on the CT: as long as you know the instructions and which hands are to be used (e.g. the clicks and tones) for that particular track , this will ensure you jump straight into the track.

– assess what is difficult about your co-worker and see how she reminds you of your mother. Go back to when your mother raged or rages at you, feel the distress, and CT that. There is almost always a historical cause for a present problem: we would tend to worry about future events for this reason. Resolve the past and we tend to feel much better in the present and can look to the future with more optimism.

– ask “who will be I without these feelings?” See what comes up. If you have a fear of being transformed in a negative way or losing something valuable as a result of doing this work, you can Click Track that. “Fear of change” is a very real pattern. Resolving this may loosen things up for you.

When you get rid of the fear of change, this will almost certainly help you reimagine what is possible and that you do not have to persist with a job that isn't bringing you much joy. That may just be because of your feelings about your co-worker, however.

With PSTEC, we have the option of changing how we feel about things/people, or changing the things we do and how we approach different people. There are so many ways to get there and that is why I am confident you will.

Please keep us updated.

All the best,

Paul  :D

Brian Tucker
                    PSTEC User

I work with the most difficult person on the team.

Imagine being in an argument with the most difficult person you can (mother?) as bad and as difficult as it can be, you cant win and CT to a 1 or 0.

I have the sense like I'm going to war – CT to a 1 or 0

I can't drop my guard or relax around people  – CT to a 1 or 0

I definitely suppress around people since I am not being myself.  – CT to a 1 or 0

I live in a bad economy  – CT to a 1 or 0

I can't choose  – CT to a 1 or 0

It's temporary anyway – I will work here until next winter or so.  – CT to a 1 or 0

Viewing 9 posts - 11 through 19 (of 19 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.