focus on positive outcome when doing pattern interrupts ???

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Success with PSTEC and PSTEC Positive focus on positive outcome when doing pattern interrupts ???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Harding
    PSTEC User

Hi Jeff,

Can you please explain why, in the Positive click tracks, the instructions say to focus on the positive outcome whilst tapping. If the tapping is designed as a pattern interrupt, wouldn't this be detrimental to the good feelings invoked from focusing on the positive outcome? I realise there are other things beside pattern interrupts on the click tracks, but why would I want to interrupt a positive feeling? I want to reinforce it, not interrupt it. This makes me disinclined to focus on the feeling when I am using the positive tracks, and instead just glance at my statement.

Also, just wondering about when Tim uses future tense e.g. “I will” rather than “I am”. Doesn't the subconscious process future tense as an event yet to be experienced, and therefore never actualise it because it is ever in the future? (I've been converting the future tense statements to present tense because of this).

Similarly, there is a statement Tim says in the Accelerator about how “you haven't experienced it yet” regarding success. Is this not an instruction to the subconscious to not experience success?

I also had a question about adapting quickly to the tracks, which I posted in the Discussion area. Any thoughts on that one?

I do love using the tracks, but just want to iron out these issues.

Many thanks.

Boe

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Thanks for writing…

PSTEC Positive and Feeling the Feelings

You're thinking too much.  There is a long explanation for it, but suffice it to say, the finger movement is not interrupting your suggestion.  PSTEC Positive (PP) is very different from the Click Tracks and you are drawing the two as parallel tools or concepts and that is what led to the error in thinking.

I try to live by this myself, “If I am thinking, I am wrong.”  PSTEC is truly “plug and play”; follow the directions as they are very, very well thought out; they “adapt” and work with anyone's subconscious workings.

But, here's some explanation that might help as you get back to using the directions as Tim lays them out.

What the PP is doing is taking your desired statement… along with the feelings because the feelings “charge” the statement (In fact, the more “true” and strong the feelings, the more quickly and easily it will be accepted by the sub… assuming any contrary emotional issues are resolved first for the most part.)… and planting it as a seed in the sub.

Present vs. Future Tense

The sub is actually excellent at guiding and moving you forward to something as seen in the future.  It is truly the catalyst and facilitator of you manifesting your desires peacefully and effortlessly.  So, present or future tense will be just fine.

Quite often we use the present tense to help the conscious mind “amp up” the emotions about it… like an anticipation that it “must” have it or desire it very highly… this sends a signal to the sub that it is important… that it is a priority, thus, it is more likely to go to work on it for you.

Accelerator

Regarding that statement, you are taking it out of context… remember, “If I am thinking, I am wrong.”

You are examining the suggestions from Tim with your conscious mind and they are not intended for the conscious mind, in fact, the purpose of PSTEC is to bypass the conscious mind and reach the subconscious mind.

So, no, there are no instructions to prevent you from being successful.

Aloha!

Jeff

Jeff Harding
        PSTEC User

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I'm so grateful you've taken the time to respond.

Re Future Tense and the Accelerator, I understand now.

Re your quote from Tim:

“What the PP is doing is taking your desired statement… along with the feelings because the feelings “charge” the statement (In fact, the more “true” and strong the feelings, the more quickly and easily it will be accepted by the sub… assuming any contrary emotional issues are resolved first for the most part.)… and planting it as a seed in the sub.”

Yes, I believe the things Tim says on the Positive tracks are reinforcing the positive feelings for those times, be it any time of the day or night, that I am feeling them. But when I'm busy tapping, I'm hardly able to feel them because they keep getting interrupted by the tapping. I can't see how interrupting the positive feelings with the tapping is beneficial.

I guess I want to understand what particular technique he is using here and how it works.

Boe

Jeff Harding
          PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Boe,

My statement was not actually a direct quote from Tim although it does include some thoughts from him that I have integrated.

PSTEC is not meant to be easy… it's not some zen-like, zone-out, relaxation, “floaty” method (not that any of those aspects are bad or ineffective, they are just different)… it requires concentration and focus.  It's an example of why PSTEC is not recommended for use with children unless under the supervision of an experienced practitioner and/or parent.

Your mind will attempt to wander and it's ok… it's natural.  So, when it does, just gently bring it back to focus on your intention.

What's your intention?

• When it comes to the click tracks and an emotional issue, your intention is to focus on the memory/imagined event and emotion/feeling while following along with the clicks and tone.
            • When it comes to using PP, it's to focus on your desired outcome and the feeling/emotion that comes with that manifestation while following along with the clicks and tone.
              That's it…nothing more OR less than that.
            • The instructions do NOT say to be perfect at the tapping.
            • The instructions do NOT say to be perfect in your concentration or focus on the memory/imagined event.
            • The instructions do NOT say to be perfect in holding onto the emotion/feeling.
            • The instructions do NOT say to analyze either your issue or the process.
            • [/list]So, you see, when you are “thinking” that usually goes opposite of one or more (or all) of the above.

Set your intention and follow along the best you can.  That's it!

If you want to know more about the how… about what goes on under the hood of this high performance sports car called PSTEC… you'll have to become a mechanic and there is much to learn.  Look into the Therapist tutorials and study them and watch for more to come from Tim for therapists.

But, when using PSTEC personally, just follow the directions to a “T.”

Aloha!

Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.