Focusing on issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kbshaq
    PSTEC User

Before chalking this to one as *the same* as a recent post titled, “How to REALLY try to hold on to the negative memory/feeling with click tracks”, which was answered amazingly by Peter Bunyan, I think my issue is a bit different.
      I apologize if this is a similar post, but I only recently got back perusing this forum.

Here it goes:
      I have no problem zeroing into my issues.  What I do have a problem with is when I start the PSTEC CT's and when Tim says, “… focus on your issue.”  At this point I cannot.

Then I sometimes stop the CT, take a break, then I can focus/feel the issue/emotion again.

Any advice to holding on to the issue at least in the beginning would be great.  (as strange as that sounds)

Thanks!
      John

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi John

This sounds like your subconscius going into self protection mode, it does not like change very much.

Do you have any sense of “fear of change” or worry about what will happen or trepidation about going into “uncharted waters”?

Peter

kbshaq
        PSTEC User

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.
          Yes, I do have fear of change, as I get comfortable with the status quo.  This said, is this what I run the CT on first?

Thanks again,
          John

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

John

Yes!

Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.