Formulating a statement for PSTEC Positive

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Confused and Not Sure Where to Start Formulating a statement for PSTEC Positive

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cherieb
    PSTEC User

So I've been working with the CT and having very good results releasing negative emotions.  I purchased PSTEC Level 1 and am excited to start working with pstec Positive  to try to help with my sciatica pain, along with the CT's.

The sciatica pain I get is the result of a spinal condition called spondylolisthesis – a disc is out of alignment which pinches the sciatica nerve.  According to doctors not much can be done other than surgery (and that may not help) which I would never do because my pain isn't severe, just annoying.  I've been to chiropractors which helps a little.  The important thing is that there are many people that have spondylolisthesis but do not experience pain, so I am believe this situation can be remedied. 

The question – I am having trouble formulating the statement for PSTEC positive.

” I am free of pain in my sciatica nerve, especially when I am lyng in bed”

seems a bad idea as I'm thinking I shouldn't mention pain and not sure how to best specify that the pain is worst during the night  and often wakes me from sleep. 

Also not sure about using a statement such as “my body is” or “my sciatica nerve is” rather than “I am” 

I've listened to a few interviews and gone through the tutorials (although haven't had time to listen to the whole therapist guide yet) but I would really love to be able to get started with this right away as the pain in my leg has recently gotten worse and it's effecting my sleep. 

Maybe, “My body and my sciatica nerve feels comfortable especially when I sleep.”

or “I feel ease and comfort when I sleep, especially my leg (or sciatic nerve)” 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
      Cheryl

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Aloha Cheryl…

The interview with Karen Phizackerley would be very helpful because she shares her PSTEC Positive (PP) statements to reduce (actually eliminate) pain after surgery as well as her medication reactions.  Her interview was particularly interesting because she had previous, similar surgeries so her mind model was patterned to react a certain way, so using PSTEC she was able to shift that pattern both for eliminating post-op pain and eliminating the medication reactions…
        http://pstecaudiosource.org/1380/pstec-interview-karen-phizackerley

So, with your pain issues, based upon your post, here are some suggestions:

When I lay in bed I will feel really comfortable

You could be more specific as you suggested about the leg and nerves, such as:

When I lay down to sleep my sciatic nerve (can/will) relax and I (can/will) sleep peacefully

Above there are some wording options based upon how “soft” you need to make the suggestion.

You could even soften it more than that like this:

When I lay down to sleep my it's possible for my sciatic nerve to relax and I can sleep peacefully

See, in these sentences, we are looking at relaxing and not so much healing, which is a different subject and is approached differently.

You might also consider listening to the interview with Mike and myself where Mike talks about using PSTEC for his surgery and I give some tips about using PSTEC for a chronic back issue (that was two years ago or more and all is still well)…

http://pstecaudiosource.org/1312/pstec-interview-mike-jeff

As far as your questions about “using a statement such as “my body is” or “my sciatica nerve is” rather than “I am” ” … I am not sure of what you are thinking specifically, so it's difficult to suggestion something.

If you are moving in the direction of surgery that would be a different approach with PSTEC than working with PSTEC to help you heal without surgery, right?

Aloha!

Jeff

Jeff Harding
        PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

One more thought, Cheryl…

If pain persists and other emotional aspects are clear and beliefs are not “in the way”, then consider what is necessary to heal it.  Pain can be a good thing, as an indicator that there is an issue to attend to.

When we become much more clear of emotional issues and limiting beliefs, we become more clear on what we “ought” to do.  Sometimes surgery is the most successful way, other times not.  (of course, I leave those kinds of decision for you and your medical professional to decide).

Aloha!

Jeff

cherieb
          PSTEC User

Thanks as always for your reply.  Spondilolythesis is tricky because they say all surgery will do is stop the disc from slipping further out of place, not put it back where it belongs, so for me, this is not a consideration.  I feel quite certain there is a solution because as I say, lot's of people have it, without having pain. 

I'll listen to the interviews this week and get started.

Cherie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.