Frustrated with the positives

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bhabani Yetirajam
    PSTEC User

Now I have all the tracks, accelerators, eefs, positives and advanced. In the positive tapping track I am having hard time distinguishing between the high frequency and low frequency tap, i.e. the right hand and left hand taps. In all other tracks, i.e. the clicks, eefs and accelerators, the slower and faster beats are very evident. However in the positive one their frequencies are much closer or so it seems, as I get totally confused somewhere in the middle and by the end I don't know which ones to tap with right and which with left and when I finish I am totally frustrated. So starting with good feeling and ending with frustration. Is this doing any good?

And about the non-tapping version of the positives, I am one of those that cannot visualize well. I can't say that I can't visualize at all but I can't keep up with a storyline with vivid images and sensory experience for 3minutes. I can only have flashes of still pictures or may be couple of seconds incoherent scenes. So is the non-tapping track not for me?

Jeff Harding
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi gentle_p,

The frustration coming up is getting in the way, right?

You ask, “…starting with good feeling and ending with frustration. Is this doing any good?”

Well, the frustration, in and of itself is not doing any good… it's actually getting in the way of performing what you desire…  but if you realize that the frustration is TELLING you something and you listen, then, yes, it can do some good.

There is a reason for the frustration coming up and it's just a matter of discovering the cause or source of it.

When it comes to handling emotional issues that are in your way, the PSTEC tool for neutralizing emotions are the Click Tracks (CT), EEF's and Accelerator Tapping Tracks (ATT).  So, use the CT on those frustrated emotions.

Imagine (not visualize… more on this below) running the PSTEC Positive (PP) and being frustrated… should not be a problem if it happened this recently … and then actually run the CT on the frustration of running the PP.

That's one approach and may help you in using the PP more freely.

But, many times, you may want to go deeper and find the Truth of that frustration because I doubt that is THE first time frustration has occurred in your life, right?

When is another time in the past when you felt that familiar frustration? … say that five times fast. ;D

When you discover one, ask again and again and look for the first time you remember this happening and once you have a List of a few memories, then use the CT on each one.

There are other ways to approach this, but let's keep it simple, ok?

Alright, about visualization…

In reality, Tim does not mention visualizing during the PP… he uses the word IMAGINE.  So, visualization is not necessary, but imagine to the best of your ability… it does not have to be perfect… just do the best you can.

I believe the best option for you is to review Tim's instructions again… in fact, a few more times because you said, “…the non-tapping version of the positives, I cannot visualize well … I can't keep up with a storyline for 3minutes…is the non-tapping track not for me?”

Your question is somewhat contrary to the instructions… the non-tapping version does not include imagining a storyline, but imagining a journey while repeating the Positive Statement… you imagine your positive success prior to running the PP track.

So, review the instructions again… take notes … follow Tim step-by-step and let me know if you have further questions.

Aloha!

Jeff

Bhabani Yetirajam
        PSTEC User

That's good one!  :) It did cross my mind to do the click track with my frustration with the positives  :)

ok, I may have used different wording but I meant that part of “imagining a storyline” and I understand the storyline may have nothing to do with the positive statement. Now the question: what is the difference between imagining a storyline and visulaizing a storyline. If you are making up a story about walking in an open trails with your dogs watching the sunset and the moon rise etc. Aren't you suppose to visualize that in details while repeating the positive statement while doing the non-tapping track?

Jeff Harding

Ah, well, imagining may include pictures, movies, etc.; but, not necessarily.

Imagining is akin to dreaming about something and, many times, the visuals in imagination may not be that clear… it's not important … but what is important is the feeling as if it is in the present… as if you are there.

You can be a part of the “happening” or just observing, like hovering over a scenario and watching.

Here's an example of how most people use and everyone has at some point used imagination…

Many times when someone feels fear of their future, they are imagining not being successful at something or having an unpleasant experience (for example: someone is fearful of speaking to a group and they imagine that tomorrow at work this group they must present to is just staring at them and the fear rises up, their heart beings to beat rapidly and they even perspire, yet, nothing is Truly there except for their imagination).

Take that same type of “process” of imagination that you have some experience in that supports an unpleasant feeling and turn it around and do it with something pleasant.  Imagine just walking along the beach or somewhere else you would love to visit.  You can even use a place you have been before, or something you have seen in a movie or a travel book.  Don't worry about visuals, just begin imagining you are there right there now and fill in the details with your mind after you arrive there.

The more you practice and flex the imagination skill the easier it will get.

Again, don't worry about the quality and richness of it … just get started and the more often you do it, the more richness and details you can add.

Oh, one more point…

Many times, when the emotions are high… when the emotional issues seem many and complex, choosing a conscious imagination scenario may be difficult.  If that's true, then consider first using the CT and clearing away more and more emotional memories and thoughts.  As you become more clear of those issues, imagining positive scenarios will get easier and easier.

Aloha!

Jeff

Rhonda (Dixie) Boyle
            PSTEC User

For the first time, I was able to use the non-tapping version of PP! I have had a problem, too, with maintaining good visualization. My visualization looks/feels like flashes of pictures, not like a movie.

So my successful non-tapping visualization came when I imagined myself standing in front of the Gulf of Mexico with my toes in the sand, water lapping at my feet, arms akimbo, wind in my hair, sun on my face. I wasn't going anywhere, I was just standing. And every so often I would envision myself turning and looking down the coast and then back again. It was very simple, and I was able to hold onto the image better than I ever thought I could!

Dixie

Jeff Harding

Very nice, Dixie … applying details to your imagination is the important aspect.

Remember, it's not important to visualize, but just imagine it.

Aloha nui!

Jeff

Rhonda (Dixie) Boyle
                PSTEC User

I don't think I understand the difference between visualization and imagination. Don't you need to visualize in order to imagine?

Meghan Saunders
                  PSTEC User

I'm not certain these terms can be defined – ultimately.  It is not black & white.

My personal opinion is that one does not necessarily have to get a visual in order to imagine what the future could look like.  I sometimes gets visuals – sometimes clear & other times fleeting – sometimes nothing.  However – I can almost always get a sense or a feeling inside when I think about – – – imagine – – – what something could be like.

Connecting with feelings & EMOTIONS is the power behind clearing away unwanted issues and is also a way to bring in that which we do want.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.