Getting started… Social anxiety… approaching women
- This topic is empty.
- June 27, 2011 at 12:52 am#21284Jeff HardingPSTEC User
Hello as the title says I’m new to this, what to do and how to use this ? I only tried the 11 minute audio once a few weeks ago but got lost totally….
My problems are social phobia, personality disorder, no other disorder like psychotic disorder or anything according to my doctor. I have troubles to talk to people…
And my main problem is approach anxiety regarding women, I’m so damn scared I’m terrified of women….please help
BrankoJune 27, 2011 at 12:54 am#22236Jeff HardingPSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
That is quite a wide question and you have a couple main and general issues there and when it comes to social anxiety or panic attacks, it can be a bit tricky.
The one recommendation that I have for you is to focus your attention and work on one single area at a time… don't go too wide or cover too many issues at a time… JUST ONE.
There is a PSTEC Interview coming available with Meghan that I recorded… watch for that announcement this coming Saturday with the link to access the recording. There is a great example of handling social anxiety by Meghan in a step-by-step fashion.
When you approach the ONE ISSUE, look at where in life it seems to bother you and begin imagining going out and dealing with that… but only in your mind. Then watch the feelings that come up and images… pay attention for memories of similar feelings and then take those memories and feelings and use the Click Tracks (CT). You can also use the imagined future event and feelings and use the CT on that too.
So, you might use the idea of approaching a lady, find the emotions and then use the CT on that. Maybe there is someone that you do know that you can practice on in approaching. If you have nervousness with that person, start work on there with her.
If you really get stuck and are not sure what direction to take this, try the PSTEC Registry to find a practitioner that can help you.
Does that help?
JeffJune 27, 2011 at 12:55 am#22237Jeff HardingPSTEC User
Hello Jeff thanks for the reply, I only have a few questions regarding your advice.
1-when you say approach one issue, should imagine this this first Then use the CT while imagining it ? And can I have the CT links is there more than one I should use ?
2-I'm alone in this I know noone to practise this on, I watch videos of ross jeffries and he use NLP which I don't figure out and some other pua's
3-what PSTEC registry practitioner ?
BrankoJune 27, 2011 at 12:57 am#22238Jeff HardingPSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
1. Yes, imagine the event, approaching someone as I talked about. How do you feel about it? Take the feelings and the imagination of the event; the pictures, the movies, thoughts, etc. Focus on the most intense part of the imagined event and the feelings that come with it and then plug yourself into the Click Track…. listen to it.
There are two Click Tracks in the free Basic Audio Package… alternate use of them every other time to keep them “fresh.” Click on this link for the free Basic PSTEC Audio Package
2. Ah, you are never alone, my friend. If you have questions, you can come to the forum here… see, the thread you opened and my replies prove that you are not alone. Check out the free PSTEC Interviews… Click on this link… in the upper left hand corner, there is a lin… ; these are all people that have contributed their time to giving you not only their stories, but their tips from their personal experiences in using PSTEC. They are having some of the same issues as you and are there for you! They are doing it to help.
3. There is the PSTEC Registry where you can get a practitioner to help… they do not have to be in your area… many can work via the phone and it is very helpful!
If you are unsure, start with the free package and be sure to listen to Tim's instructions a few times… practice with it … experiment… begin there and always ask for help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.