Glossophobia / fear of public speaking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    HNS
    PSTEC User

Hello … I'm a newly registered user … and I just used the two tracks a few times.

I was wondering about how to get about dealing with Glossophobia or the fear of public speaking ? Would one treat it as a phobia or as a panic /anxiety attack?

Sometimes it shows signs of both but dealing with it according to the tracks and instructions can get a bit tricky. That is because the root cause might be very old and currently unknown withouts some form of regression therapy.  All one would have about it would be memories of past anxiety attacks, but not the root cause.

Any help on how to get about this would be greatly appreciated
      Cheers
      H

HNS
      PSTEC User

I also saw this and I'm trying to incorporate it with the PSTECH technique

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsmiBze4y1o

Jeff Harding
        PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Aloha H!

First of all… don't worry about labeling something as a phobia or a panic attack or an ostrich.

What is important here … at least it appears to be from your post …  is that you have a desire to speak before groups of people, so use that desire as not only a gage of your progress, but also as the point of focus for your subconscious work with PSTEC.

When in doubt about the source or cause of an issue, begin with either a very recent memory/event or you can also imagine an issue occurring in the future (i.e. an imagined event).  Let's use the imagined event method.  Imagine making a speech in the future; a speech you are scheduled to make in the future or one you wish to make … it does not matter.  Now imagine the details, what is the most upsetting aspect; maybe it's the number of people, a particular subject, your own speech pattern … imagine as much detail as you can.  Now, how does that feel?  Any unpleasant emotions/feelings?  Rate it and run the Ct while imagining that happening and TRYING hard to feel the unpleasant (or non-JEEP) emotions.

After the CT, assess two things:

1. How is the emotional rating?  If it's not 0-1 yet, run the CT again.
          2. What other memories, thoughts, emotion or feelings came up?  If there are old memories that come up, then CT those as well.

Note:  The memory may have nothing to do with making a speech.  If it came up, respect that info the subconscious has presented to you and CT it!  Don't question it, evaluate it, judge it or deem it unrelated… just CT it… or them.

3. [/list]If anxiety or panic attack memories arise, CT those memories as well.
            Don't analyze this too much… just be aware of non-JEEP feelings and CT them… keep it simple.
            A Hui Hou!
            Jeff

HNS
          PSTEC User

Thanks Jeff.

It seems that I have to use the process on all aspects of an issue. I just have one more question, do I have to have more than just two CT tracks to scramble the subconscious elements attached to the issue? In other words does the adaptation to the Ct tracks decrease efficacy ? In that case what is the best package to purchase?

Thanks in advance
            Hiro 

Jeff Harding
            PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Aloha Hiro…

Actually, no, you do NOT have to necessarily address all the aspects.  That's why, if you approach it using a future, imagined event; the aspects that need to be addressed will surface.  And, many time, you don't have to bother with all the aspects as the subconscious takes care of them for you.

Some have worried that the subconscious will become too familiar with the tracks thereby making them less effective… two points…

1. There is no proof of that.  In fact, in my interview with Mike Wells, he talks about how incredibly effective the Click Tracks are for him and he has worked with children at a schools and has listened to the CT's more than most people.

So, don't put too much… or any … stock in that assumption … plus…

2. If it is true to some degree, it does not invalidate the effective but MIGHT dampen the effectiveness, thereby requiring you to run the CT additional plays on your issues.
              3. [/list]Bottom line… don't worry about aspect (pun intended  ;D )
                Oh, and, by the way, I have been using PSTEC Positive very successfully for several years… use them almost every day … and no problem with those.
                Once more caveat …
                If you feel this is an issue, just get the EEF's and the Accelerator Tapping Tracks and use those in rotation with the free Click Tracks.
                Aloha nui!
                Jeff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.