Had some success but am confused where to go from here.

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues Confused and Not Sure Where to Start Had some success but am confused where to go from here.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    charlesx123
    PSTEC User

Hello everyone!

I've been using PSTEC for a couple of months now and have had great results clearing up many of my phobias and negative emotions. I've very happy with what I've been able to do so far, but naturally, I want more. That is to eventually get to the state Tim describes as “having virtually no past experiences limiting you”. I really resonated with the idea that our past experiences define us and act as “programming” for our actions and beliefs and behaviors. I've gone through a lot of “trauma” in my past and am currently at a point in my life where I am not extremely happy with everything in my life.

To give an example, here are a couple of thoughts that I feel are true, and seem to be bringing me negative emotions throughout the day:

“I am a failure because I don't have a great job”
      “I am a failure because I don't have a great girlfriend”
      “I am a failure because I don't have as many friends as I used to”

These thoughts seem to prop up especially often when I see a friend who is more successful than me in one of those areas (job, sports, popularity, etc). Other times, I will wake up in the morning after a night of running the Accelerator tracks and just feel unhappy (this is actually what happened today and motivated me to post on this forum for the first time  :) )

Basically, there are a lot of aspects of my life that I am not 100% satisfied with. With so many of the PSTEC tools at my disposal (I have almost all the tracks, I think), I am still unsure of how to fix my situation.

First, are all these negative emotions and thoughts only there because of my mind model? In other words, if I had a better mind model, I would not have these thoughts or emotions in the first place? Or is the fact that I am having these thoughts and emotions normal? If my mind model is aligned improperly, do I simply need to CT on my current thoughts and emotions until they are gone and that will completely “fix” the mind model? Or is the problem much deeper than that and I need to reach a bunch of core events in my earlier years before I can resolve my current state of emotions and then never have to worry about them again?

I really liked the concept of the “balances with cups on each side that get heavier as events are added to one side or the other”. I feel like in my case, my balances are already so heavily tilted towards one side (the scales must be like 100 events on one side, and 3 events on the positive side), that if I were to go through all my events, it would take forever! This really discourages me because I had thought that in order to eliminate a problem, I would just have to reach the “core originating issue/event”. But if my scales are so tilted with so many numerous events added already, is this possible? If someone understands this better, can they explain what is actually happening to our system of balances as we CT all our problem memories from the past? Are we just taking weights off the system one by one? And in the event of removing a core memory, does it simply remove everything from that side of the scale?

On a side note, I'd like to thank everyone who's been posting on these forums. I've learned so much from reading about the different issues that people encounter, and I hope everyone is able to get great success from PSTEC; it is such a great tool!

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi charlesx123
        The thoughts you mention “I am a failure”  relating to other people indicates a problem with self-esteem. This is one of the most common issues because of our human need to find our place in society measured against other people. These negative thoughts generated from negative feelings re-enforced by sub-consciously driven behaviours feedback into your sub-conscious and make a downward spiral. PSTEC tools can break the spiral if you use the right ones for you, at the right point.
        Behaviours can be seen as the other side of the same coin as emotions, you do not get one without the other, These behaviour/emotions are poked into your conscious by the sub as linguistic thoughts. With me so far? An often unnoticed but powerful behaviour is non-verbal communication we “talk” to one another without saying a word. Subtle body movements and facial expressions broadcast our feelings to everyone else. A key behaviour in this regard is smiling,  smile all the time smile at every living thing you meet. Even if you do not feel like it. This will change your feelings and your thoughts. Keep on smiling. Do it now! Use PSTEC Positive to overwrite the negative ones and the Click Tracks on any negative feelings about smiling that come up  e.g. “I will feel ridiculous grinning all the time” or “what will they all think of me, smiling away to my self”. Now smile! Go for it!
        Peter

charlesx123
        PSTEC User

Thanks for the reply and suggestion, Peter! I will take your advice on the “smiling all the time” and start doing it more (even though it feels a little weird).

I definitely agree with you that I have a problem with self-esteem. Now that I think about it, I can remember from very early on I've always compared myself to other kids/people whether it be academics, sports, etc. If I was the best at something, I would feel great inside but if I saw someone else better than me at something, often times I would feel very down and inferior.

Here's what I've begun to do. I started using the accelerator tracks to click on the earliest memories I had where I felt “inferior” or “beaten” by someone that I was either competing with or felt compared to. For example, I once showed my mom my results from a standardized test in elementary school and she berated me, saying the marks were horrible and I felt really bad.

Also I was wondering if the following makes sense: I have all these problem memories (call them A, B, C, D, E, … Z) in my subconscious mind and B and D happen to be the core originating events, then once I get to D and finish that, E through Z will automatically lose their negative charge?

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

Hi charlesx123
            The example memory you used about your Mom is a great one, just the sort of thing.  You might find other associated memories surface soon as well, if you can, write them down as they occur to you for Click Tracking on later.
            Re A to Z essentially yes, but usually somewhat more complicated associations between the events or memories make it less “straight line”. If you can find some “core” events then they are the best place to start, as long as you can “face” them and re-live them long enough to Click Track them. If not, other strategies can be employed.
            Keep us posted.
            Peter

Jeff Harding
            PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Aloha Charles and mahalo Peter for your thoughts and suggestions…

I had just a couple aspects to add here in direct response to some of your statements, Charles…

• A Shift of Attention
                “I am still unsure of how to fix my situation.”

This is not about “fixing” you … there is nothing to fix.  Let me elaborate…

There is a good friend on the island here that says, “There is no out there!”
                In other words, there is nothing to change “out there”… outside of yourself.  This is ALL about changing (not fixing) what's inside.

What are you changing?

Your perspective… that's all.  You already have ALL the skills, abilities and the power to achieve what you ought to… what your purpose is (and that's for you to discover), but … and this is the only “but” … you do not believe… you do not KNOW that you already have that power.  You see?

You experienced, as you said, much trauma in life, yeah?  So, what you have established in your focus … in your attention inside … is on those traumas and EVERYTHING that they mean to you.  Your attention is on the conclusions that you are limited as “evidenced” by your experiences… and much of them quite a long time ago.

Do you see what's happening?

You are merely focusing your attention on those experiences and the accompanying beliefs about your PERCEIVED limitations.

This work (and I use that term loosely) is about shifting your attention from YOUR ideas (these are ideas your subconscious formed) to the KNOWLEDGE of your True, Natural and Unlimited Self.

Yes, you heard me right… JUST a shift of attention… that's it!

So, when you CT an emotional issue… or you use PSTEC Positive on beliefs and behaviors; you are sending signals of intention to the subconscious to shift that attention.

• Start Specifically, Start “Small”
                “there are a lot of aspects of my life that I am not 100% satisfied with.”

I know how you feel… so little time, so many issues.  I'm not going to say you “can't” work on more than one issue at a time.  But, if what you are doing is not working, then, would you agree that there is some training that you need to do first to become established in the Fundamentals?  You know…

Crawl before you walk; walk before you run, run before fly… that sort of thing.
                So, start by focusing on one thing that you desire in life… what do you want to experience and let's start with something that is specific and almost every day so that we can measure and see the progress quickly.

For example, if you desire to find a wonderful partner in life and even get married and start a family together; don't go looking for a spouse.  Begin with finding peace in relationships and, to be more specific, let's say you have difficulty with someone at work; start there.  Start “using” that person as your reflection of the emotions, beliefs and behaviors that are in the way.  You see?

Or, if you are nervous going to work every day, start there.  Begin practicing every day skills at relationships with people, places and things.  But, just choose one for now… JUST ONE.  Because that one that you choose will act as the point of focus for you to discover the limitations you need to release and shift.  Make sense?

So, don't take on so much at once… start your training of your mind with the basics… the fundamentals and then expand from a solid foundation.

• This is NOT Logical Work
                “… are all these negative emotions and thoughts only there because of my mind model?… if I had a better mind model, I would not … Or is the fact that I am having these thoughts and emotions normal? … will completely “fix” the mind model? Or is the problem much deeper … and then never have to worry about them again? …I really liked the concept … I feel like in my case, my balances are already so heavily tilted towards one side …if I were to go through all my events, it would take forever! … I had thought that in order to eliminate a problem, I would just have to reach the “core originating issue/event”. …can they explain what is actually happening to our system of balances …

Whew!  I  took some of it out for brevity and it's still a bit tiring, yeah?
                I'm not making fun of you, but pointing out how these thoughts of worry, of “trying to figure things out” and the supposed logic tries to express itself.

Make this simple for yourself, ok?

If you feel non-J.E.E.P (joy, enthusiasm, excitement, peace), then pull out the CT's, the Accelerator Tapping Tracks (ATT) or EEF's and clear away.
                That's it!

Will it be one at a time… a bunch at once… you CT one time and done for life?  Those are the questions that are pointless because NO ONE knows.

Do this…

Be willing … willing to do whatever it takes.  You might say, “What if it takes all my life.”  Well, then get started now.  :)  Try this: imagine NEVER finding peace or what you want… what's that look like and what's it feel like?  Take that imagined event and feeling and run the CT.

The sooner the better, but as long as you keep questioning… as long as you keep doubting… as long as you keep searching for the best “way”; you will do nothing or little to move along.

Do not think this through… if you are thinking, you are wrong because your thinking, as it is now, is what brought you here.  Drop the thinking… make it easy on yourself… just CT until the cows come home.

Infinite patience brings immediate results.
                The quicker you are willing to do whatever it takes for as long as it takes, the sooner you will be done.

• [/list]
                You see?  Stick to the simple fundamentals.  Do this… As Peter said, “…memory you used about your Mom is a great one”.  Ok, let's start there, did you CT that memory with the non-JEEP feelings until they are zero?  If you did, excellent… continue with the next non-JEEP that comes up.  If you didn't, go do it NOW!

If you are really stuck and can't seem to get it done, look to the PSTEC Register for a practitioner to help guide you along… and keep you focused on what is important.  You know what's important, don't you?

Let go… let go of all that is not JEEP.

When you begin to feel some relief… remember, find a specific target to measure how you feel in life … you can have easier success with PSTEC Positive and changing beliefs, such as: “I am a failure because I don't have a great job”; “I am a failure because I don't have a great girlfriend”; “I am a failure because I don't have as many friends as I used to”

Just work on the emotions for now based upon memories and imagined events.

Malama Pono!

Jeff

charlesx123
              PSTEC User

Peter: Thanks a lot! I will indeed start with that problem memory and work from there. Hopefully, I'll be able to make some breakthroughs.  :)

Jeff: Thank you very much for the incredibly informative and detailed response! The following part REALLY helped me gain a new perspective on this whole process:

Your perspective… that's all.  You already have ALL the skills, abilities and the power to achieve what you ought to… what your purpose is (and that's for you to discover), but … and this is the only “but” … you do not believe… you do not KNOW that you already have that power.  You see?

You experienced, as you said, much trauma in life, yeah?  So, what you have established in your focus … in your attention inside … is on those traumas and EVERYTHING that they mean to you.  Your attention is on the conclusions that you are limited as “evidenced” by your experiences… and much of them quite a long time ago.

Do you see what's happening?

You are merely focusing your attention on those experiences and the accompanying beliefs about your PERCEIVED limitations.

This work (and I use that term loosely) is about shifting your attention from YOUR ideas (these are ideas your subconscious formed) to the KNOWLEDGE of your True, Natural and Unlimited Self.

Wonderful stuff! It's all a matter of shifting my attention/focus/perspective. I am going to start trusting myself more and just click away any non-JEEP emotions that I have.

Thanks again to both of you, Peter and Jeff! I'll post an update to this thread when I can.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.