Happy New Year – the "new year, new me" thread
- This topic is empty.
- January 1, 2017 at 3:41 pm#21888Paul McCabePSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
Happy New Year!
Like me, your social media feed may be full of New Year's Resolutions and “new year, new me” proclamations. These are well-intentioned and, in my experience, tend to be more focused on the outer world or accomplishment goals – going after a job promotion, changing a diet, taking up a hobby, getting fit etc.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with this and all of the above pursuits can certainly help contribute to emotional well-being, but I thought we could crank “new year, new me” up several notches by helping people recreate their model of the world.
It just occurred to me that it would be quite novel and very beneficial to the community to create a thread where we map out a path where people state their intentions for the year and then we could help them get there by helping them make use of the PSTEC tools and protocols.
For this to be really effective, we would need people to be honest about where they are now and what sort of person they resolve to be and the sort of emotional experiences they wish to have by the end of the year. Improvement can be continuous and lifelong, but I think it would be brilliant to chart these miracles over the course of the year and show what's truly possible.
I hope this concept would be OK with the mods.
If it is, then I think the following questions might help make this more tangiblr:
1) What sort of undesired emotional experiences do you *tend* to have now? We know that most people experience a range of emotions, but what are the predominant emotions in your life?
2) What sort of experiences would you like to be having more often by the end of the year? Specifically, “When X (event/trigger) happens, I want to feel Y (emotion) and do Z (behaviour).”
3) What sort of events/people/sutuations tend to produce undesired feelings in you? In other words, what seems to “trigger” you?
4) What sort of person would you desire to become by the end of the year? e.g. Instead of non-specific terms like “super-confident” or “unstoppable”, go for specifics such as “A person who listens intently to others, feels emotionally present and gives 10% of his monthly income to charitable causes.”
5) Aside from accomplishments (e.g. losing weight, gaining a qualification), how would you know you have grown as a person by the end of the year?
My intention here is for people to feel comfortable sharing their challenges and the PSTEC practitioners and users can assist them in becoming the people they desire to be. Seeing that progress will also give hope and guidance to others.
Looking forward to reading more
Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner
Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.
Recreate yourself with PSTEC.
Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…January 2, 2017 at 7:28 pm#25094Jeff HardingPSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator
Excellent suggestion, Paul and we will be more than happy to help people along this path if you want to post your challenges and desires, we will make suggestions on how best to use the PSTEC Tools to help you not only “get where you want to go” but also enjoy the journey along the way.
JeffJanuary 15, 2017 at 3:50 pm#25095shailen patelPSTEC User
Hello Paul and Jeff,
Belated Happy New Year! I had intended to post earlier but a few things got in the way.
Ive nearly finished my post (offline) and thought I would post this placeholder to let you know that I have taken you up on your kind suggestion
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.