Having trouble with beliefs/behaviors

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Success with PSTEC and PSTEC Positive Having trouble with beliefs/behaviors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bjdutch
    PSTEC User

Hi there,

I've used PSTEC with great success over emotional issues (events that made me mad, sad,etc.) But have yet to have success changing beliefs and/or behaviors.

Recently, I've sold my truck and would like to get a new one. Problem is, I don't have enough money to get the one I want. I've been dwelling on how I can get this under my current circumstances. I try to click on certain thoughts(imagining not having my truck, not knowing what I can do to attain it)

I don't notice much emotion about not having it so when I run the click tracks I don't feel/think any different after. I listen to wealth of abundance and Tim says feeling gratitude towards the things that you want would help bring it about. So do I keep clicking until I feel gratitude when I think about having my new truck?

When I think about having my truck I notice some “buts…” But, I don't have enough money, but I don't have the time to get another job to make the money I need. I try to imagine all this while clicking but since I'm not that emotional about it, I don't think/feel different afterwards. Do I need to just keep clicking and TRY to feel bad and keep going until i feel JEEP/gratitude?

I also gave Positive a try. I ran “I will find ways to get a new truck.” Ran a few times…again not feeling or thinking any different afterwards. I tried to soften it by using “maybe/ it's possible” but when I say it to myself nothing sounds really believable… Even though I don't notice any negative emotions. But if the most softened statement doesn't feel believable, does it mean that there's underlying negative feelings that have to be click tracked?

Also, can Negative be used in this scenario? I know for PN to be successful, its better to use core belief statements…so how would it work for a goal that is very specific?

The click tracks have worked wonderfully for me when the memory is strictly an emotional issue that made me mad,sad,jealous etc. But again haven't had any success changing a belief or behavior.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Peter Bunyan
      PSTEC User

Hi bj

It is good to hear that you have had some success with PSTEC so far, use that positive experience knowing that it will help with  other PSTEC packages.

The feeling you have when thinking about the truck you would like is “lack of” this is the emotion producing the the thoughts like “But I don't have enough money/time etc”. Most likely you are constantly finding that you want something or another and you always seem to not have the required time/money or other essential thing.

It may seem strange or wierd but one of the rules to this game is that you must not worry about how to get anything. You have to trust your own subconscious to find a way for you. Yes this is not logical, but then your subconscious does not work on or understand logic. This requires confidence which is the outward face of self esteem/self worth. Wealth of Abundance works to improve gratitude which is a component of self esteem/self worth and so improves self confidence as well. Find as many things to be grateful for as possible and feel grateful for them, keep on finding things. Imgine having the truck and how good that would make you feel and feel grateful for having it now, even though you have not got it yet. Your subconscious works on feelings and the good feelings are the carrot to make your subconscious lose the negative “lack of” feelings which block out the confidence you might have in attaining that truck.

So what to do about it and get that truck. As ever start with Click Tracking. Imagine never getting that truck, what would happen, how would you feel? Run that scenario in your mind and Click Track it.

Unless you can be happy/grateful for what you have, then you would not be happy for long even if you did get your truck. Soon it would not be good enough, you would want a better/bigger/faster one. So keep on with WofA.

PSTEC Negative could be used directly on those “Buts”. With statements like “I don't have enough money for the truck I want” or any other “”but…”

With PSTEC Positive you need to at least almost believe the statement. As you are having trouble here, yes the underlying negative emotions are too strong. Back to WofA for a moment, imagine that someone “out of the blue” gave you a new truck for some reason, (maybe they won it in a lottery but already had one) just the one you were looking for. Imagine what colour it would be, imagine the feel of the seats and the new car smell, the sound of the engine firing up and running. You would probably be gobsmacked at the astounding generosity. You would probably feel stunned and grateful to that person and circumstances that made it happen for you. That is the feeling you are looking for, if you can grab some of that, it is what you need when constructing a positive statement.

There is much more to this subject but hopefully I have given you a new direction to look at and work towards.

Peter

bjdutch
        PSTEC User

Thanks so much for this helpful info!!!

I haven't had much success and a big part of that is because I didn't know how to go about this process, but with your post it seems clear now.

One more thing, on the PN statement ideas that you gave…”I don't have enough money for the truck I want…” What are some counter statements for that? I'm pretty crummy when it comes to coming up with those.

Again Peter, thanks for the informative reply. Much appreciated!!!

Peter Bunyan
          PSTEC User

Hi bj

Your subconscious is brilliant at coming up with excuses or reasons for not doing things, it is also brilliant at being creative and coming up with reasons why you should and how to do things. The difference is in the feelings, fears and emotions that block out the positive and something called Confirmation Bias. If you worry about the lack of money for your truck then the longer this position holds the more your subconscious says “see I told you so” and further confirms and strengthens your belief that you do not have and will not have the money.

Counter statements are similar to Positive statements and are Negatives turned around. Confirmation Bias ignores the fact that things and situations change, nothing stays the same forever. Positives are born out of hope for a better future. Softer statements progressing to more absolute positive statements build on that hope and make it a more solid belief and further into blind faith. With this you can move mountains.

You can logically construct a good business case for your truck but your subconscious does not understand logic it does not understand what a truck is, it is just a thing, it does however respond to the vehicle TV adverts which suggest you will be a real man with this truck or become a magnet for beautiful women with this sports car. (More likely a magnet for speed cops).

Think carefully about why you want the truck and what it represents emotionally. You can feel good about having it if it can enable you to haul more or be more efficient in miles per gallon. If you feel compelled by those TV ads then you might need to do some Click Tracking on other emotions. You don't need a truck you need the good feelings that come with it.

That “I'm pretty crummy when it comes to..” is a negative belief, an excuse for not being positive. If your mind can create negative excuses, it can also create positive reasons, the mechanism is the same just switched around.

I suspect that you believe you are pretty crummy at other things as well and possibly OK at some others. Use the OK things to suggest that you could be better at the not so good rather than letting the “crummy” feelings infect everything else.

If you were brought up in poor surroundings and when you asked your parents for something the other kids had and they may have replied with ” Am I made of money? Does it grow on trees? or some such, then if you can recall such or similar incidents then Click Track those first. The “lack of” feelings usually stem from childhood times.

Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.