How about using VR with PSTEC for public speaking anxiety?

Forums General Discussions and Specific Issues General Anxiety…Social Anxiety… Panic Attacks…Agoraphobia How about using VR with PSTEC for public speaking anxiety?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rakeno
    PSTEC User

I've been reading about Virtual reatily headsets (Oculus, HTC Vive, Gear VR….).
      I've noticed that there are a few products to help with public speaking anxiety (https://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2016/08/5-vr-apps-that-help-you-be-a-better-public-speaker/).

I've tried VR apps in the Past with Google cardboard in it was quite an inmersive experience. My brain was confused and, sometimes felt like it was believing that the experience was real.

So Google cardboard is a pretty basic system for people that want to get introduced to VR but, as there are other systems of much better quality and now I see that there are apps for training public speaking that may you feel like if the experience it's real, I'm almost sure the fear and anxiety emotions will be coming up, not as intense as in real life but as the brain will be confused, the situation will trigger these emotions.

There are also apps for spider phobia, etc…

So I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to use VR to put me on a situation that triggers this public speaking anxiety and other negative emotions, and then immediately fire them up with PSTEC.

I'm sure this is a good idea, why not trying?
      But I'm also wondering if it would be a good idea to run a PSTEC click track while watching the images and feeling the fear and anxiety of being in public with everyone watching me. I wanted to ask because this is against the instructions, that require eyes closed.

What's your opinion?
      I could try, but I don't have a VR headset, I'm considering buying the Gear VR since I have a Samsung and it's pretty cheap compared to the other two.

Thank you.

Brian Tucker
      PSTEC User

You can absolutely open and close your eyes during the clicktracks so if it triggers your feelings by all means give it a go.

Paul McCabe
        PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Rakeno,

Thanks for your post.

With PSTEC, you would only need the tools that are available, your imagination and ongoing commitment. In fact, in some cases, all three of these things do not need to be present at once.

So, you would not need a virtual reality device to make this work. Work with what you already know.

Some of the VR headsets are very impressive from a technological standpoint, mind you, so please don't think I'm talking you out of a purchase  :D

What aspects of public speaking have been problematic for you and what work have you done on this so far?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Adamsss
          PSTEC User

Hello Rakeno,

Thank you for an interesting post.

I think it will work if it can arouse emotions that you want to eliminate and tap along. I think it will also work very well with PSTEC Positive short and tapping versions. Go for it and please give us the feedback.

Best results,

Adam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.