How do I know it worked?

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages Belief Blasters How do I know it worked?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Truman
    PSTEC User

I've been doing BBs for a while.

I focus on the past sentence and I repeat it time after time focusing on the feelings it produces.

I've been doing it in english and spanish (my mother tongue).

But I don't know how succesful I've been on it.

In CTs for example you can measure from 0 to 10 your SUDs.

In BB it doesn't seem to be any SUDs to check and I don't know if I am doing it right.

Sometimes I just repeat the past sentence like in auto pilot and O don't know how much time I've been doing that or of I need to do it again.

One of my suspicions is that I've been doing it wrong the whole time and I have to do all the BBs from the beginning the right way.

I don't know if trying hard to believe the past sentence is correlated to the phrase or independent from it

For example. If it is independent from the phrase I could try hard to believe “I was a sandwhich” the same way I could do it withany other realistic belief that I actually have.

when I read a BB sentence it produces me certain feelings that I can CT away. and when i read it again it doesnt produce the feelings.

on the other hand when i do BB i feel the same negative emotions after doing it and reading the sentence again.

Paul McCabe
      PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Truman,

Thanks for your post.

I suspect you are on the right track. To check whether a belief is gone, you can say it out loud once you have run the track.

“Trying to believe it” is linked to the specific belief phrase you are blasting. You would only do this, of course, when getting rid of an unwanted belief.

We all hold huge numbers of beliefs and many are extraordinarily helpful and contribute very positively to our everyday experience.

For illustrative purposes, imagine someone identified the belief “I am a bad husband”

Saying that phrase will feel very true and some people may even struggle to say those words out loud, as it may feel too painful.

Pay attention to “how you know” the belief is true – there may be a feeling, “evidence” etc. It will feel or look very real.

Yes, you can contrast this phrase with something like “I am a sandwich”, which will likely feel absolutely absurd and is highly unlikely to evoke any negative feelings.

Simply put the belief phrase into the past tense (“I have/had been a bad husband”, “I was a bad husband” etc.)

Then simply try hard to believe this while running the track.

After running the track, check to see if it still feels true. It will either feel completely absurd or just neutral.

For some people, this can be confusing, as they don't know if the belief is actually gone. It may not always be as obvious as running a CT, as there is no scaling with BBs – as you mentioned.

As with many of the PSTEC tracks, there is a degree of subconscious post-processing involved and the tracks will continue to work on your mental landscape after you have finished the track.

Ultimately, the results show up in real life and often in unexpected ways. Eliminating beliefs and conditioned emotions is akin to removing a huge weight.

Many beliefs and emotions can contribute to a pattern, so the changes do compound as the layers are stripped away.

One more thing:

It's not an essential step by any means, but some peope could benefit from running counterexamples before playing Belief Blasters.

If the evidence for “I was a bad husband”, for instance, was “my wife said so”…counterexamples might include:

1) She was just angry and trying to start an argument
        2) She was being unreasonable
        3) She just hated some of my behaviour
        4) She was wrong or had unrealistic expectations at that time
        5) I wasn't being as good a husband to her at that time, but I was a good husband overall

This helps soften rigid thinking and introduce other possibilities.

You could do this for every belief, yet it is not a necessity.

You certainly could also benefit greatly from running the opposite suggestion (or an artful alternative) via Quantum Turbo.

I hope this helps, Truman.

Please let me know if this is unclear or if you require any additional clarification.

All the best,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Truman
        PSTEC User

thank you paul.

i am doing 1 CT for every BB since now and i think they are a great complementation.

my trouble seems to be that when i do a BB i still feel negative emotions related to that BB after doing it. (when i read it). but maybe the BB worked and i didn't noticed because there's no immediate way to prove it.

Brian Tucker
          PSTEC User

Can you give an example of the belief you tried but still have feelings? Often times there could be a bigger belief about life or the world that supersedes it.

Truman
            PSTEC User

Can you give an example of the belief you tried but still have feelings? Often times there could be a bigger belief about life or the world that supersedes it.

now i can't recall but one of them was

i had to do what others wanted me to do

Paul McCabe
              PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Truman,

Thanks for your update.

Although a belief like that might not be objectively “true” and you can find counterexamples, I suspect it is not “emotionally causal.” You are effectively describing your experience. You are unlikely to get a massive shift when the belief you are working on is more of a description of what took place…and less about what you concluded about people, life and yourself.

You might benefit more from looking for the feelings and beliefs when you had to do what people wanted (presumably against your best wishes).

These kinds of beliefs may cause the negative emotions and will produce a more noticeable shift once eliminated:

“I was powerless”
                “What made me OK was doing what others wanted”
                “No-one cared how I felt”
                “No-one cared about what I wanted”
                “My feelings were unimportant”
                “Life was unfair”

You may wish to check in with those, and see if they feel true or even comfortable to say.

Then you can blast them and you will be able to see the affect more easily.

It will likely feel neutral or absurd when you say the belief phrases after running the BB tracks.

I hope that helps.

All the best,

Paul  :)

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Truman
                PSTEC User

that makes a lot of sense. thanks paul.

i just tried to reframe all sentences in a way that i would experience them. instead of describing what is happening, that was a big issue for me.

Hi Truman,

Thanks for your update.

Although a belief like that might not be objectively “true” and you can find counterexamples, I suspect it is not “emotionally causal.” You are effectively describing your experience. You are unlikely to get a massive shift when the belief you are working on is more of a description of what took place…and less about what you concluded about people, life and yourself.

You might benefit more from looking for the feelings and beliefs when you had to do what people wanted (presumably against your best wishes).

These kinds of beliefs may cause the negative emotions and will produce a more noticeable shift once eliminated:

“I was powerless”
                  “What made me OK was doing what others wanted”
                  “No-one cared how I felt”
                  “No-one cared about what I wanted”
                  “My feelings were unimportant”
                  “Life was unfair”

You may wish to check in with those, and see if they feel true or even comfortable to say.

Then you can blast them and you will be able to see the affect more easily.

It will likely feel neutral or absurd when you say the belief phrases after running the BB tracks.

I hope that helps.

All the best,

Paul  :)

Truman
                  PSTEC User

hey guys i've just tried “women were fucking liars” to add a bit of subjectivity to it and while doing the 18 min BB a lot of emotions came up.

but at the end the emotions related to the sentence were still there so I did a BB of 10 mins on it.

the emotions were still there so I did a CT on it and they banished.

my question is. is this going right or BB should do the work alone and i should not have to use CT to clean emotions related to BB tracks?

Brian Tucker
                    PSTEC User

The question would be is that truly the core belief? It could be “women are evil” “all women are liars” “never trust anyone” “I can't trust anyone” “people can't be trusted” “I can't rely on anyone to love me” “I can't rely on anyone to support me” “I couldn't trust myself” etc.

A lack of trust rust often comes from a childhood where you couldn’t rely on the adults around you to love and support you just as you were. Also people who didn't love or support you unless you were good.

DarekKow
                      PSTEC User

hey guys i've just tried “women were fucking liars” to add a bit of subjectivity to it and while doing the 18 min BB a lot of emotions came up.

but at the end the emotions related to the sentence were still there so I did a BB of 10 mins on it.

the emotions were still there so I did a CT on it and they banished.

my question is. is this going right or BB should do the work alone and i should not have to use CT to clean emotions related to BB tracks?

Hey,

As far as I know, all emotions stem from beliefs so theoretically clearing out the belief should be enough. However, in some cases emotions remain and CTing them is then necessary. I'm not sure why they linger, though. Clicktracks also change beliefs for the most part as well. The recommended approach is to CT and then work on beliefs related to the emotions. Reason for that is once the beliefs lose their charge, it's much easier to change them.

In your particular case with your issue with women, I think matters are a bit complex. For example, if you believe women are liars and let's suppose even this is true, why are you caring so much about that? Do you not trust yourself enough to know that you will be perfectly OK no matter what? Do you imagine loving them unconditionally even when they lie? I would take here a bit more spiritual approach to your issue. You can have fun even when someone lies you know. Paradoxically, I think your issue with dissolve if you lighten up on it and express love.

PS. Sorry you're not on TP anymore.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.