How many sessions per belief?

Forums Questions on PSTEC Packages PSTEC Positive Quantum Turbo How many sessions per belief?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Paul McCabe
    PSTEC Pro and Forum Moderator

Hi Alrpstec,

Thanks for your post and thanks also to Ed23 and Brian for those great contributions.

Alrpstec, as well as what has already been suggested, you might also consider these beliefs:

“I'll never figure this out”
      “I'm not a natural”
      “I don't have what it takes”

Think of these in the context of your music and CT all feelings of “never figuring it out”, that others know better and can make music more naturally than you.

You can then CT the emotions, whilst imagining these beliefs are true.

And…on top of what Brian and Ed23 have suggested, you could use PQT to add:

“When I make a mistake with my music, I feel chilled”
      “As I relax more when making music, the better it flows now”

With experimentation, I have found that PQT works brilliantly in installing counterexamples too. These may not be essential, but they can be very effective for some people who believe they “should” believe something negative about themselves.

So, if someone believed “I'm not enough”, you could layer in “I've always been enough, and I can relax now” and/or “I forgot all the ways I truly am enough now”

Alternatively, you could see if you can find any “evidence” for not being enough. These can include:

– historical events like bullying (workplace, school etc.)
      – financial worries
      – not feeling as “progressed” as others
      – not getting promotions in work
      – not being employed
      – having a difficult childhood (and all that that might entail)
      – feelings that you inherently lack something (this can be tied in with previous concerns with mental health)

So, take your “evidence” and logically counter it.

For instance, if your “evidence” is “my parents always told me I was not smart enough”, you can layer in (with PQT) suggestions like:

“My parents' motivational skills were not good enough”
      “My parents thought I was not enough and they were wrong”
      “My parents knew I was enough but didn't know how to show it”
      “I can forgive my parents for getting me so wrong”
      “I was not motivated enough then, but I was always enough”

For bullying:

“Those kids didn't appreciate me enough and that was their mistake”
      “Anyone who bullies doesn't feel enough, and it wasn't about me”
      “The bullies didn't have good enough strategies to feel OK”

For finances:

“No matter what is in my bank account, I am always enough”
      “Even if I make mistakes, I am always enough”
      “No matter what anyone thinks about my bank balance, I'm enough”

For work-related issues (like not getting desired roles), these may help:

“Some jobs were not a great fit for me but I was always enough”
      “Maybe that company doesn't have enough wisdom to employ me”
      “Maybe I can be a better fit in a job that is good enough for me”
      “Maybe my resume wasn't enough for them, but I'm enough”
      “Maybe I haven't learned enough yet, but I'll always be enough”

Thanks again,

Paul

Paul McCabe – PSTEC Master Practitioner

http://www.lifestyleforchange.com

Please contact me anytime if you want any assistance in utilising PSTEC to help you live a life of tremendous freedom & possibility.

Recreate yourself with PSTEC.

Skype, Zoom, in-person & phone sessions available…

Daniel Wynn
      PSTEC User

Hi, good morning!

I just wanted to ask, how many plays of the Positive quantum tracks should be done per belief, for optimal results?
        I have done twice with one belief and it feels very very good, I dont know if it is installed in my mind but I feel relaxed and as if I was in a trance, so to speak. So it seems to be working.

Also, I would like some help with formulating a statement for my music related goals.
        I basically feel that I do not know enough in terms of mixing, production, composition and arrangement to create the music I want to make and it feels to me that, even though I do study and practice daily, I am always lost and always without a clue when it comes to making this type of music. I feel like there is something they know that I dont and that I dont seem to be able to grasp.

Thanks, if anyone needs more info on this, I can provide that if it seems too abstract.
        Thanks!

Hi

Just to add in some advice if I may.

Music creation is forever evolving, you will always have more to learn from it. Especially within the mixing aspect of music, there are so many intricacies and techniques that a producer can apply to get the desired results, its just having the confidence and knowledge to know what to apply and when, much the case less is better.

With that being said, I think its important to realise you will never reach a point when you are “there”, because as long as your making music you will always want to progress, and that is the trick of music. A trick I might say you could well be stuck in, you just need to be excited you have more to learn and change perception. So it is perception and how you look at the situation. “I'm not good enough” is certainly not beneficial, and could hinder your potential.
        “I could be better” you could look at that in two different ways, it could be perceived negatively as in “I'm not good enough, I should be a lot better with this” which is obviously not beneficial. Or, it could be perceived as “I could be better, so what areas of music do I need to develop in order to progress”. Do you understand the ideas behind that?

I mean I could be completely wrong here, but as long as history has been recorded I'm yet to hear of or read about a producer that hasn't been in a similar situation to you. The difference between you and them, is perception. And, that is why you are feeling the way you do. Do you not think Quincy listened to songs and said “Damn, I wish I produced that record, how did they get the guitars like that” or Dre hasn't said “Shit, the way that kick bangs. Thats the sound every producer dreams of”. By the way, Quincy was one of Dr Dre's biggest inspirations. Just Blaze summed this one up perfectly, I can't remember every detail, but he said something a long the lines of “get ready to make a lot of shit songs, I still make them.”

The idea behind this logic doesn't discount the fact that music will get easier for you to create. I'm sure you will reach a point when you know exactly what compressor to use, or what EQ is needed. I don't know what music you make, or what set up you have, but I'm sure you will reach a point when you just know what the song needs. So change your perception now! You know enough now to make good music, have fun with it, be excited knowing that you will always have more to learn.

Luckily you have access to some of the most powerful tools possible, no doubt pstec can help you progress fast, and get you into the right mind set right now. So you could well be dishing out better mixes than the ones you admire, sooner than you think! We are more successful moving towards pleasure than away from pain, so think of those songs that you hear as positive references against your own music, somewhere you would like to be in future.

Final tip, the most important thing in music that so many producers/songwriters forget because they are chasing what is “Right”.
        FEELING!
        Does the song have feeling, does it move you on an emotional level, forget chords/scales, plugins all that shit. DOES IT MOVE YOU EMOTIONALLY?

Hope that helps!

Daniel Wynn
        PSTEC User

Hi, good morning!

I just wanted to ask, how many plays of the Positive quantum tracks should be done per belief, for optimal results?
          I have done twice with one belief and it feels very very good, I dont know if it is installed in my mind but I feel relaxed and as if I was in a trance, so to speak. So it seems to be working.

Also, I would like some help with formulating a statement for my music related goals.
          I basically feel that I do not know enough in terms of mixing, production, composition and arrangement to create the music I want to make and it feels to me that, even though I do study and practice daily, I am always lost and always without a clue when it comes to making this type of music. I feel like there is something they know that I dont and that I dont seem to be able to grasp.

Thanks, if anyone needs more info on this, I can provide that if it seems too abstract.
          Thanks!

Oh one more thing to add.

How many songs do you think a producer like, lets say calvin harris might make a week? We know how many songs are on his latest album. So what happened to the rest of them? Just something to think about.

Brian Tucker
          PSTEC User

There could also very well be some perfection programing involved here.

Andres Leon
            PSTEC User

Everybody, thanks for taking the time to reply! I am very grateful for all these answers!

Now, I just wrote down a few statements based on all the statements you provided and Im keeping in mind everything you said about music production and how it is always a work in progress.

Im doing solely PQT today with different statements and on the weekends Ill start CTing negative emotions

Thanks everybody and have a great day!

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.